• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the chances of VR in Forza Motorsport PC?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Title says it all really. MS is ignoring VR so it seems like an outside chance that VR will be available in Forza Motorsport (it isn't in FH5). But at the same time it's in nearly all PC sim racers. And they did add it to Flight Sim and they did have some kind of head tracking back in the day for one of the FM titles I think.

on Xbox it's zero.

They might do it for PC though. Forza (8) is more of a simulator kind of racing game. yeah you can make it arcadey if you want but Motorsport is the more serious game. Horizon games are arcadey shit so it doesn't make sense to put VR in them. They are games for people who just want to drive about with shit handling and do silly shit. Motorsport is purely and simply all about getting in your car and going around a track as fast as you can while having a somewhat realistic experience when it comes to handling of vehicles. MS surely must know that people want to play Forza Motorsport with wheels/pedals/gear sticks and a VR headset. they'd be dumb not to do it.

the last Motorsport came out 2017. VR was a thing back the but i'd like to think they are taking VR more seriously now. Flight Sim gives us hope as it has VR support. Might not be there at launch in Forza but i'd be quite surprised if it didn't even up getting it.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Probably close to zero, but their are superior options on pcvr right now. Has been for years.
Yeah but as it will be available on gamepass for 'free' and is likely to be in part a graphical showcase it would be nice if it had VR included. I think the general consensus is right - unlikely to be there at launch but may come down the line.

Romulus

Yeah but as it will be available on gamepass for 'free' and is likely to be in part a graphical showcase it would be nice if it had VR included. I think the general consensus is right - unlikely to be there at launch but may come down the line.

I think once you move into VR racing, simcades are less fun. Serviceable for a while, but Forza is not a real sim.

Top Bottom