• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you reading? (July 2010)

ymmv

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
First half is seriously boring as fuck. Second half picks up and gets better. Still, it's a very overrated book, probably the most boring of what I've read of Gaiman's stuff. The 'sequel', Monarch of the Glen, was actually much better IMO. Read Good Omens instead, much funnier. Or Sandman or Stardust or Coraline or.. yeah, you get the point.

Funny, I also got stuck halfway through American Gods. Overrated is an apt description.

Currenty reading:

9780380731879.jpg

nny

Wellington said:
How is this? Been meaning to give it a go, but a lot of reviews have said it's very challenging. I'm a math/science guy and even I'm nervous about it.

Sorry for late reply: So far (I've read a quarter of the book) I have been able to follow most of it; sometimes when he throws some arguments to reach his point I feel like I could use some more context. I bet it's something obvious for him, but I could have used some more hand holding :lol But overall he makes all the main points clear to understand and very interesting.

I'd say give it a go, there could probably a line here and there that one might not be able to understand completely, but it's a matter of a line, not a page or pages.

Top Bottom