• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your top three most played games this generation?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I only own a Wii U for the moment, so all my games are Nintendo-only:

1. Mario Kart 8 - 153:06
2. Splatoon - 97:58
3. Super Smash Bros. - 83:10

Surprised by SSB. I played the hell out of 64, Melee, and Brawl, completing all events and campaign modes in each game, but I guess I got tired of the series because I didn't even ATTEMPT single-player in SSB for Wii U. In fact, I think all of my hours are comprised of random online matches during supreme boredom at home. Guess it was more than I expected.

Neff

I've got 165 hours on Wonderful 101, 62 hours on Mario Kart 8, and 54 hours on Bayonetta 2.

There's no timer on PS4, but I've also sunk an equally shameful amount of time into The Evil Within, Resident Evil Remaster and Bloodborne.

daveo42

Banned
SMT IV
Persona Q
Bloodborne

Probably in that order as well.

Edit: If it counts, FFXIV trounces all of those combined. Easily.

Aaron D.

Farming Simulator 2013 - 174 hrs / (Farming Simulator 15 - 143 hrs)
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - 79 hrs
Pillars of Eternity - 53 hrs

oSoLucky

Diablo 3 RoS: 431 hours

Destiny: 242 hours(thought it was much more)

Not completely sure if it's 3rd but FFX HD at 129 hours.

Edit: Forgot about FF14 ARR, that's easily over 300 hours.

1. Titanfall - I love the game more than most. Like I always say, if it was called COD: Robot Wars it would've sold 10 million copies and would be hailed as the next big thing in FPS, but it's not so those millions of people somehow ignore the fact that it's basically COD on steroids and with big robots.

2. Dead Rising 3 - great sequel I thought. A true next gen upgrade with plenty to do and above average DLC.

3. None really. I haven't been wowed overall in the least by this gen so far, but admittedly I don't really want to shell out to own both consoles, at least not right now.

Fire Emblem Awakening (144 hours)
Ocarina of Time 3D (140 hours)
Bravely Default (86 hours)

Other platforms don't really come close for total hours. Most played non-3DS game is Persona 4 Golden at about 80 hours (does Vita have an activity log?) Most played console game is Wind Waker HD with 46 hours. Smash Wii U and 3DS combined are 58 hours though, with most of that on Wii U.

Nyx

Battlefield 4 : 200ish hours
DriveClub : 150ish hours
Awesomenauts Assemble : 100ish hours

Note: I still suck at BF4 and DC.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Super Mario 3D World
Hotline Miami 2
MGSV: Ground Zeroes

Haven't played many 8th gen games yet. Practically skipped buying new games in 2014. It didn't seem like the best year anyway :p

Not sure about exact hours, but I'm gonna say something like:

MarioKart 8
Splatoon
Witcher 3

But Rocket League may displace one of these pretty soon...

Bloodborne ~ 100hours
The Witcher 3: Wildhunt ~ 70h
Dragon Age: Inquisition ~ 55h

So, yeah.

fuck, forgot about Destiny. Probably 300hours.

Wii U/3DS/PC at the moment, though most of my big hours are on Wii U.

That being said:

- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U -- 139:10
- Mario Kart 8 -- 121:12
- Splatoon -- 74:02

Pretty much expected.

For 3DS, it probably would be Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, and Kid Icarus: Uprising.

PC-wise... I guess Life is Strange, Katawa Shoujo, and Portal 2.

Also, I somehow logged 680 hours into the Wii U's Internet Browser, though that's more of an app.

killatopak

League of Legends - Started playing back in december. Probably around 1000+ hours.
Skyrim - I think I have a total of 500 hours scattered among various characters.
SRW Z3 part 1 - I have 200 hours at least.

hmmmm
1) Smash Bros 4 3DS & Wii U, together its most likely near 150 or more.
2)battlefield 4 on ps4 is about 90 hours (and I don't even own the expansions or anything, thats pure vanilla :p)
3)Pokemon X, 82 hours (it was before people could transfer their old pokemons, once that happened no more online battling for me, it killed the fun with all those super strong pokemons with perfect stats)

at the rate im going though witcher 3 might surpass pokemon

Resident Evil REmake HD - 100% achievements and still fun after a dozen playthroughs

Bloodborne - on a 3rd playthrough

Dragon Age Inquisition - spent too much time in the Hinterlands...

Top Bottom