• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your top three most played games this generation?

Mihos

Gold Member
Destiny
Bloodborne
Hyrule Warriors

I haven't started Witcher 3 yet, in fear of what it will do to my time.

Tiops

1 - FFXIV: 2,000 hours and counting
2 - Bloodborne: Around 100 hours
3 - Binding of Isaac Rebirth: Around 100 hours

Sucks that the PS4 doesn't have a timer but if I remember correctly it would probably be these three:

Final Fantasy 14: (Don't play this anymore, probably 150 hours or more)

Bloodborne: (Just got the Platinum, waiting patiently for DLC and I'll play more. This game has a counter but I'm not at home to check atm. Gotta have over 100 hours.)

Driveclub: (Still play this almost every day for an hour or so at least. probably close to 100 hours and at least half of that is probably just Time Trials lol. Hands down the best racing game I ever played.)

Honorable mention goes to The Binding of Isaac. Amazing game and I can't believe I didn't pay a dime for it!

eerik9000

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

South Park: The Stick of Truth (was released on last gen consoles but after current gen launched, I play it on PC anyway)

Grand Theft Auto V (on PC)

Sullichin

Destiny: Well over 1000 hours
Bloodborne: probably around 150 hours
Rocket League: climbing its way to that number two spot.

ObiDin

Probably

1. Destiny(The rest are not close)
2. Dragon Age Inquisition
3. Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare(I think, but Elder Scrolls Online is creeping up there)

Even with my problems with Destiny's lack of matchmaking, I have still played it for a shameful amount of time.

JCX

I don't have all the hours now, but if i had to guess

Smash Bros for Wii U (300+ last I checked, 400+ with 3DS version)
Fire Emblem Awakening (100+)
Bravely Default (100+)

Destiny might be in there if you include the Alpha/Beta tests. Wish Sony had a gameplay timer like Nintendo/Steam do.

Melchiah

Resogun
Driveclub
Bloodborne

I got all of them when they were released, platinumed them, and I'm still playing them regularly. Good for quick gaming fixes, although the BB sessions tend to stretch for longer.

Not sure if StarCraft II qualifies as this generation (released in 2010, first expanded in 2013) but it's surely at the top of the list; hours aren't recorded, but going by the number of games played my time logged is likely in the neighbourhood of 1000 hours.

Next up are Animal Crossing: New Leaf (217:15) and Fire Emblem Awakening (202:04).

Timeaisis

OP, we are like exactly the same.

I don't have the hours on hand, but I know MK8 is likely 200+ by now.
So I'll guestimate.

1. MK8: 200+
2. Splatoon: 80-100
3. Super Smash Bros Wii U: ~80 (last I checked)

With Smash, I put in about 30-40 hours to the 3DS version, and I play it a lot on other machines (go to weeklies, for example). So it might have the edge on Splatoon overall, but definitely not at home.

creatchee

Titanfall - 298 hours
Evolve - 274 hours
Smite - 231 hours
(All on Xbox One, obviously)

Smite is shocking to me. I did not realize how much time I've put into that game so far - in beta, no less. It will easily surpass the others in quick order, as I'm completely addicted to the game and have a great team of friends that I play for hours with on a daily basis. And to think that I had written off MOBAs and only tried it on a highly prejudicial whim because I had received a beta key.

MKX- 121 hours
Halo MCC-74 hours
Destiny-31 hours

I'm going to hit a thousand each once Metal Gear 5, Halo 5, and Street Fighter 5 hit shelves hopefully. I've just been playing some Dota

MaddenNFL64

DAi and Witcher 3. Both over 200 hours a piece.

I don't play many games...

Still, not even close to my Elder Scrolls and Fallout runs. 500+ hours in each of em.

ChaosXVI

Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World is probably in a distant third place, but it's harder to determine. It's between that and The Last of Us: Remastered, and maybe Smash U.

Overall DKC:TF is my game of choice for the generation so far. I can play it anytime, and still marvel at its perfect level design, crafted by Gods. But I probably play Mario Kart more often as my wife considers it to be better than crack.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Probably something like:

Etrian Odyssey Untold
Fire Emblem Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV

Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary would probably equal all three combined, but I played it on PSP instead of 3DS.

Top Bottom