• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your top three most played games this generation?

I am unable to confirm that this, how is best to check time played on Xbox One? Not convinced by the reliability of the information in the Smartglass app.

Anyway, probably:

PES 2015
TitanFall
Destiny

Honourable mentions for Peggle 2 and Diabolo 3.

spliced

Bloodborne
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario 3D Land

Worth it for all 3.

Ratchet & Clank will be up there with the Marios and Dark Souls 3 may overtake them all.

vocab

Dota 2
2,126 hrs on record
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
690 hrs on record
Ultra Street Fighter IV
239 hrs on record

followed by
Divinity: Original Sin
97 hrs on record

Multiplayer games will always be high for me.

cyba89

01. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
02. Smash for WiiU
03. Mario Kart 8

AC about 80 hours, the others are clocking at 60 hours right now. Xenoblade 3D is in good position to get into the top 3 soon.

kunonabi

Wii U
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 232:59
The Wonderful 101 - 155:28
Nintendo Land - 61:14

This is mine since I'm not grabbing a PS4 until next year most likely

If the 3DS counts for this gen:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 232:59
The Wonderful 101 - 155:28
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - 103:17

Smash wouldn't be nearly that high if unlocking everything and doing all the challenges wasn't such a pain in the ass.

Barnzini

Neo Member
Driveclub is easily the most played for me. I bought the season pass and it gave me a good excuse to come back all the time for new content. Perfect game for quick gaming sessions.

Destiny is up second. Only sunk maybe 40ish hours into it. Got tired of the grinding for meaninless stuff and lost interest before the first dlc.

Far Cry 4 on PC was also a game i played right through and did a bunch of the side content. Im tempted to pick up the season pass for that when its on sale.

AdanVC

Wii U only here as well so the top three are pretty obvious :p

Mario Kart 8
Splatoon
Smash Bros < I barely play Smash anymore... It's just that I suck really bad at that game hah.

Wind Waker HD: 60 hours
Persona 4 Golden: 50 hours (Maybe 60 including a previous save)
Bloodborne: 40 hours

I hadn't really realised before now how much shorter Bloodborne is than Dark Souls games which I typically but 80-90 hours into for my first playthrough. I didn't do much of the chalice dungeons though. Demon's Souls is about as long, possibly shorter.

Kuksune

Dead or alive 5 last round - 1000+ hours. I put in many hours in vanilla DOA5, DOA5+ and DOA5 ultimate too, i have like 3000+ hours across all those versions.

Witcher 3 - 100+ hours, still not done with the sidequests, exploration and trophies.

Bloodborne - Don't remember how many hours but i platinumed it.

Dynasty

TLOU Remastered. Played through the story like 5 times, twice on Grounded mode. I also still play the multiplayer which is a nice change of pace.
COD Advance Warefare. The campaign was one of the better COD campaign and the multiplayer never stuck with me. Never liked Exo-Zombies at first, but it slowly grew on me. Shame though I had to buy the season pass (got it for £17) for me to enjoy the game.

1. Witcher 3, 400 hours, exploring, killing,playing cards and doing sidequests.
2. Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm, 400 hours maybe more
3. MGSV: Ground Zeroes, 100 hours between two platforms(PS4/PC)

Mcdohl

1. Final Fantasy XIV (26 days of playtime... >.>)
2. Final Fantasy X HD remaster on PS4 (~90 hours, went for Platinum!)
3. Bloodborne (went for Platinum as well)

Mario Kart 8 - 218:21
Smash Bros for Wii U - 138:22 (I've played hardly any single player content. This is mainly multiplayer)
Fire Emblem: Awakening - 93:16 (I still haven't finished the main story)

I wanted to get to my first most played game on a non-Nintendo platform so I continued the list to number 8. MK8 and SSBU should be higher because I also play them at my friends' houses.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 81:04
Smash Bros. for 3DS - 58:04 (I've played hardly any single player content. This is mainly multiplayer)
Majora's Mask 3D - 39:31 (I still haven't finished the main story)
Splatoon - 42:29
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - 33 hours (Most of this was in 10 days)

EulaCapra

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U ~ 330 hours
Splatoon ~ 170 hours
Mario Kart 8 ~ 124 hours

My Wii U has done me good. But GOD HELP ME. These are hundreds and hundreds of hours too many than I thought.

I don't have actual hours to back any of this up, but for me it's likely:

1) Dragon Age Inquisition (over 100)
2) The Wither 3 (no clue, but gotta be close to 100)
3) Rocket League (pretty much endless nights for the last few weeks)

1. Well I still play Diablo 3 every now and again and with approx 1700hours (since the game launched) playtime not only is it my most played game this gen but more than 10x my most played game ever.
2. Bloodborne
3. Would be a toss up between Monster Hunter Ultimate 3 (Wii U) and The Binding of Isaac but I think Mo Hun has had more playtime (would've had even more if it wasn't so similar to Tri).

Oozer3993

1. Destiny (179 hours)
2. Battlefield 4 (100+ hours)
3. Titanfall (100~ hours between Alpha, Beta, and release)

BF4 and Titanfall numbers are just wild guesses, Destiny time is from the mobile app.

Top Bottom