• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What brand are you getting for the 5000 series (NVIDIA)

//DEVIL//

Asus is a rip off. They can fuck off.

gigabyte is shit with their big ass cooler on a thin board that cracks. Plus customer service is dog shit.

Msi suprim X or FE for me.

By default I would go ftw3 but that dream is dead. Rip to the best GPU maker in thr world.

Bojji

It depends, what brand is GAF gonna buy for me?

nvidia-rtx-4060-ti-maxsun-anime-1.jpg

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
For any of those gaffers who always buys the latest and greatest and can somehow afford it, how about selling me your 4000 series for a “I have a mortgage and no money” price? 😅😭

Trust Me Cat GIF by Regal

Last edited:
EVGA is out so I'm probably gonna get a Founders (reference) card direct from Nvidia next gen, they perform just as well as the third party OEM cards and are cheaper because no OEM markup

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I've always gone with MSI, but that's just an observation, not a rule. Don't know for certain if I'll get a 5000 series card, but I would like a big upgrade.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I guess either Gigabyte or the Founders Edition since EVGA isn't in the game anymore.
I'd like Asus but I keep hearing people complain about coil whine with them.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I will stick with Founders. May need to upgrade with the 5000 series. Still rocking a 3080.
Do we have any idea the general price or performance increase?

Im content with 40s for a while.

Question though while were here:

Is swapping gpu pretty plug and play?

Built my first rig with a buddy last yr, so wondering what I can expect/look for when im ready to upgrade the gpu as he wont be around and ill prob have to operate solo

Last edited:

Brigandier

Im content with 40s for a while.

Question though while were here:

Is swapping gpu pretty plug and play?

Built my first rig with a buddy last yr, so wondering what I can expect/look for when im ready to upgrade the gpu as he wont be around and ill prob have to operate solo

If the cables used in the new GPU are the same as the old one then yes it's a simple swap and plug back in.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Can’t go wrong with any of the major brands IMO.

I’d probably go MSI, Asus, or Founders Edition personally though.

Kenpachii

With gpu upgrades, i always wait until reviewers have a sheet of with gpu's that have the best cooling and is the least noisy and performs solid.

So its just wait and see really.

Last edited:

Hudo

Since EVGA called it quits (RIP), probably Gigabyte (their customer service is nonexistent, though) or Asus.

RickSanchez

I am not going to get anything from the 5000 series. My next upgrade will be the 7000 series, in about 2029 or 2030.

That being said, my previous was an MSI 1080Ti which worked like a beast for 6 years, my current is an MSI 4090, which is ofcourse working great so far. In both cases i had my rig assembled by a local business who does this kinda thing. They actually prefer Zotac as their first choice, but its availability is far more limited compared to MSI.

Rickyiez

Whatever that is cheapest and doesn't have obvious flaw.

My 3080 Ti is a Gainward and it's being going fine since the launch.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I feel I have hardly used my 4080 so I'm gonna wait a bit, maybe even skip the whole line.

MikeM

No idea if i’ll pick up a 5000 series. Need to see reviews prior to launch. If I was preordering, it would probably be a 5080 FE.

Buggy Loop

I wish I would get a Founder’s edition but they are unicorns in Quebec, a mix of Best Buy not selling it because of the law 101 (French required on package) and they’re just in high demand too.

I see a few Ada FEs at Best Buy now locally, not all cards but some, so it’s already better than Ampere’s ZERO FE in Quebec.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Whenever the 5070 or 5070 ti come out I will get a founders edition card. Nvidia designs are always timeless and beautiful in any build

SHA

Stop putting salt in the wound…evga😭💀
I'll go with Intel if shit gets real, I don't really care about a 300fps chip with small vram, that's beyond common sense, but the alternative would be msi, pny, inno3d, zotac, these people aren't bad, they know what they're doing.

OverHeat

« generous god »
I wish I would get a Founder’s edition but they are unicorns in Quebec, a mix of Best Buy not selling it because of the law 101 (French required on package) and they’re just in high demand too.

I see a few Ada FEs at Best Buy now locally, not all cards but some, so it’s already better than Ampere’s ZERO FE in Quebec.
Yep this fucking suck!!!

hinch7

MSI have been pretty good to me so may stick to them. My 4070Ti Gaming X Trio runs so quiet and with decent temperatures.

Else I may try to get a FE. Never had one, but they are just better built. Its just availibility which is a pain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom