• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What brand are you getting for the 5000 series (NVIDIA)

MSI or Founder's Edition. My 4090 Asus TUF had terrible coil whine and temps got progressively worse, they must have used some cheap ass thermal paste.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
To buy a new graphics card I would need to build a new PC and I do not want to do that as mine is working fine still. I play most games on console and my PC handles the simulation or RTS games I care about.

StereoVsn

Nvidia’s vanilla model, ASUS, MSI, PNY would be alright. I dislike Gigabyte so won’t do that one.

So whatever card I can get for MSRP is what I will most likely get for a 5080.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
My PNY 4090 has been rock solid and doesn't look too gaudy, and has a decent app to control lighting and such.

So, I wouldn't hesitate to grab one of theirs.

Picking the "right" GPU model each gen is a fucking lottery. Quality is all over the place with all board partners, doesn't matter. I've had good and bad experiences with all of them. Normal consumers are buying far too few cards to be able to properly assess the quality of these anyways. Tech outlets are paid off and lying to you about it. I've had FE models with terrible coil whine.

EVGA is out so I'm probably gonna get a Founders (reference) card direct from Nvidia next gen, they perform just as well as the third party OEM cards and are cheaper because no OEM markup
Yeah, no EVGA anymore is a bummer, I've been a loyal customer for 15+ years.

If I had to guess what I'm gonna get, I'm gonna pick Zotac.

Last edited:
Whichever brand will fit in my case. :)
I'm going to most likely have to get a new case though.

edit 13 inches ftw

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Asus is a rip off. They can fuck off.

gigabyte is shit with their big ass cooler on a thin board that cracks. Plus customer service is dog shit.

Msi suprim X or FE for me.

By default I would go ftw3 but that dream is dead. Rip to the best GPU maker in thr world.

Eh, nvidias FE was better design than EVGA's designs anyways.

They were good, but let's not pretend like every company didnt drop a rung quality/support wise after COVID. They would have been no exception.

StereoVsn

Picking the "right" GPU model each gen is a fucking lottery. Quality is all over the place with all board partners, doesn't matter. I've had good and bad experiences with all of them. Normal consumers are buying far too few cards to be able to properly assess the quality of these anyways. Tech outlets are paid off and lying to you about it. I've had FE models with terrible coil whine.
Yeah, it’s important to buy from a place with a good return policy.

Another reason to go with Founders is the design. Makes all the other cards look like cheap toys, absolutely loving what Nvidia is doing with their coolers.

Moochi

There will probably be another supply shortage, which will mean companies like Dell will be selling their ridiculous alien head branded coffin boxes at a price point cheaper than building it on your own again. I'll probably do that from delloutlet. I prefer to build my own but it just isn't worth it when you have to pay extra for the privilege.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I wasn’t aware brand mattered that much but from what I’m reading here MSI is the way to go then.

Depending on the 5090 price and leap over 4090 I may go with a 4090 instead just depending. That card seems like it’ll be the new 1080TI in terms of life blood and bang for buck.

Top Bottom