• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What can they even do with Grand Theft Auto now?

TLZ

Banned
Maybe leave the US altogether. Japan maybe? Fight the Yakuza? Meet some crazy people? Karaoke? Enjoy the crazy waifu culture? Storm into Konami and beat up the guy responsible for all the fuckonami bs? Funny Samurai and sumo contests? Switch TV on and watch anime all day long?

SomTervo

Have to say that even just making the combat (once you take a gun out) 1:1 with Max Payne 3 would basically fix the game for me. Probably won't happen though.

Maybe leave the US altogether. Japan maybe? Fight the Yakuza? Meet some crazy people? Karaoke? Enjoy the crazy waifu culture? Storm into Konami and beat up the guy responsible for all the fuckonami bs? Funny Samurai and sumo contests? Switch TV on and watch anime all day long?

Nah, they're on record describing GTA as a satire of the USA. Maybe another series/new IP will go abroad, but GTA will always be America.

Hahs

People keep saying go back to Vice City...

Go back? There's literally the whole world to choose from - fuck nostalgia - I'll boot up Vice City should I need to return to it..and I'm confident R* knows this, and is literally as far away from anything Vice City, Liberty City, San Andreas and Los Santos. Referencing the characters/previous settings, even a cameo or two is acceptable, but I hope they're steering clear of returning to these places.

The world/our world is diverse. The world/our world is the inspiration for GTAs satire, unfortunately (especially today) we tend to dwell on the past..A Lot!

nachum00

People keep saying go back to Vice City...

Go back? There's literally the whole world to choose from - fuck nostalgia - I'll boot up Vice City should I need to return to it..and I'm confident R* knows this, and is literally as far away from anything Vice City, Liberty City, San Andreas and Los Santos. Referencing the characters/previous settings, even a cameo or two is acceptable, but I hope they're steering clear of returning to these places.

The world/our world is diverse. The world/our world is the inspiration for GTAs satire, unfortunately (especially today) we tend to dwell on the past..A Lot!
Well them revisiting Vice City set in modern day might be interesting. They did with San Andreas and Liberty City so why not Vice City?

And the Housers have said multiple times that they view the series as a satire of American culture. So anything outside of the USA is probably already off limits.

Personally I'm more interested in time periods than locations. I just want a game set in the 60s, 70's, 80's or 90's. We had two modern GTAs in a row. Its time to stir it up a little.

ZOONAMI

They could make an installment outside of "America" Europe would be cool, gangsters in Italy, Spain, UK, etc. Or if keeping in America maybe do Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans type map.

Woman protagonist, or at the very least maybe make romances at least somewhat more meaningful

Maybe move the timeline back to the 1990s

Maybe all of the above

GlamFM

Banned
dump sp
only online

giphy.gif

Raven77

I really don't think GTA should ever leave the US. Part of what makes it what it is is the fact that it gives you a view into Americana. 80's Miami, life on the rough streets of southern California, life in New York, life in Hollywood.

Sure they might try to leave the US but I personally think it COULD be a mistake. But then again this is Rockstar so I'm sure it would turn out to be amazing.

Fbh

Bigger, Different time period, a good story, better core gameplay, waaaay less handholding during missions and better mission/level design.

philm87

Would like to see a new GTA London, the original was great so imagine what they could do with the latest engine. They could make it a have a proper British gangster film theme. Or even do multiple characters in different cities, and they travel between them. They could include more rpg elements maybe, leveling up etc. and add more side missions. More character and item customization.

Ability to build your own unique criminal organisation with ever expanding possibilities and ways to interact with other's organisations online?

MaDKaT

Really enjoyed 5. What I would really like to see is more emphasis on vehicles. Something like a Gone in 60 seconds sort of story crossed with Forza Horizons car roster/customization/driving model.

Also wouldnt mind seeing the setting move to the future. Nothing too crazy. Blade Runner esque or something along the lines of Total Recal. Maybe even on Mars or whatever.

SomTervo

Really enjoyed 5. What I would really like to see is more emphasis on vehicles. Something like a Gone in 60 seconds sort of story crossed with Forza Horizons car roster/customization/driving model.

Also wouldnt mind seeing the setting move to the future. Nothing too crazy. Blade Runner esque or something along the lines of Total Recal. Maybe even on Mars or whatever.

That's a good idea re classic car theft - it's the series namesake anyway.

Top Bottom