• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What class did you main in Baldur’s Gate 3?

Hemingwayoffbase

Gold Member
No spoilers. Just curious what everyone played as.

My MC was a Human Paladin (oath of the ancients) playing as the dark urge.

Anybody have any good recommendations?

CashPrizes

I went with Bard. Always really liked the idea of a Bard, can do some lockpicking some stealth some magic and then party wide buffs and decent ranged/melee combat. Jack of all Trades but master of none. With the +1 to all skill checks and natural high Charisma they are the perfect "Face" for the party.
I ended up dual classing him into a Warlock so I could use my CHA modifier for my attack rolls. Takes a long time for that to come online tho, so for the midgame he was not amazing in combat. Still amazing at skill checks and I really like the witty retort or whatever that uses a song charge to make enemies reroll successful attacks. Saved my ass several times, just make sure to level Bard until he gets the "song charges come back on short rest". Also a bonus short rest when you have a Bard in party is amazing.
He was a lot better in combat once I got that endgame Githyanki 2handed sword.

Last edited:
Playing with 2 friends currently. Took Lazael (origin character) to avoid goofball party.

Having a good time, its better than I was expecting. High production values are proving to be good thing for coop.

Though playing solo, excessive cut scenes/ voice acting does gets tiring.

Hudo

Paladin, of course. Depending on my mood either Oathbraker, Oath of Vengeance or Oath of the Ancients.

Skifi28

Gold Member
Barbarian. I tried many classes, but nothing felt so much fun or as overpowered. By the end of the game I could probably have soloed most content, the rest of the party was only there for emotional support. The class specific dialogue options were also hilarious with a general "me smash" vibe.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Run 1: good wood elf druid
Run 2: evil half-orc barbarian
Run 3: neutral drow bard

Just writing that made me want to think about run 4.

skit_data

Bard College of Valour from level 1-10 with the last two levels 11-12 in Fighter. A real killer build that lets you work as a jack of all trades. Great for charisma checks, lockpicking, healing and has great crowd control. Also has the possibility to tank quite heavily with medium armor and shield while dealing a good amount of melee damage.

I'm finally closing in on the end of my first campaign. I'm at roughly 250 hours of playtime, can't wait to start all over again xD

Zheph

Did Paladin, Monk and Sorcerer in that order. I had a lot of fun each runs and once they are fully done with updates, I will back for another run. Great game!

Started as Sorcerer and then respec to fighter because I like hitting things lots of times. Actually really balanced the party which was fun.

sigmaZ

First playthrough: Started as a Drow monk and then later into the game I shifted to a Warlock/Bard build
Second playthrough: Sorcerer

DaciaJC

Gold Member
1st playthrough: human Barbarian - Berserker
2nd playthrough: human Paladin - Oath of Devotion
3rd playthrough: Dark Urge drow Rogue - Assassin

For my next playthrough, I think I'm going to either play a Paladin again or maybe go Cleric into Fighter.

Top Bottom