• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you guy's think of Post Malone

Went to see him open up for a band several years ago (pretty lights maybe? I can't recall) and he never showed. I was super pissed. He seems like the type to be flaky about shows which always blows my mind cause there's way more money in touring for artists vs record sales. Still like his music though. Just good fun

kai3345

Banned
I think it's hilarious that he started out as a Minecraft YouTuber. Apart from that tho he makes some good music. August 26 is a great summer cookout album.

cbrun44

He means well and seems to be having fun. But I wouldn't necessarily call him good. Congratulations with Quavo is pretty catchy.

I saw him at Fool's Gold Day Off 2015 in Atlanta and his live performance was not very good, but this was right after White Iverson so maybe he got better.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
This album really caught me.

I found out about this guy because of the whole Jake Paul doxxing him thing and H3H3 doing a vid on it. Then I saw his Hot Ones interview and thought he seemed like a super chill guy.

Then I listened to the album and I was completely thrown. The style of it is really different than what I'm used to.

My favorite song on the album is No Option and it's a dumb ass song lyrically, but it's got such a good beat to it, I'm hooked. Fall Apart and Congratulations are both really good for me.

Color me impressed.

White Iverson is a terrific song, one of the top 10 of that year. I don't think he's matched it yet, but I've only heard Rock Star once and enjoyed it. He's legit.

BHK3

Banned
His music is shit, fashion sense is shit and he looks like shit.

He's a really nice guy though and I wouldn't mind hanging out with him when he's not on the drugs.

MastAndo

He's alright. I don't really like the genre, but he's got a few tracks that are listenable...plus, he seems like a likable dude in his interviews.

Also, not the most talented player or singer, but respect for this (partially because it's one of my favorite songs);

Last edited:

lil puff

Not really familiar with his music, but I saw him get his car pimped on West Coast Customs show. He struck me as very down to earth, nice guy.

Takuan

He's a nice kid who makes some pretty listenable music. Congratulations is an all-time song, for me.

I understand he caught flack for making comments about "real hip hop", or something to that effect, but that's just him being young and foolish. Seemed a lot of people were angry to hear that coming from a white kid who happened to blow up with "urban" music.

Last edited:
I loved his song White Iverson and Rockstar. I hated Congratulations. To me his hits are pretty great, but the regulars are largely AVG.

He's a multi-talented artist, and hopefully he evolves more because he has a nice base.

skoma

I mean he seems nice and all but people are treating him like jesus. He makes bottom-tier mumblerap oh but he made an aucustic cover with a bunch of reverb what a musical genious.

Have you listened to his album? He makes all kinds of music. But i can see why you hate on him, he's a down to earth, likeable, non-cynical guy. All things you seem to be avoiding judging from your prejudicial, one sided behaviour.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
I think he’s a pretty mediocre artist but not terrible or anything. He’s a doofus as well, to the point where it’s hard not to be kind of embarrassed by him. Mod Sun and MGK are so much more talented than this guy in every conceivable way, yet I can’t hate, he’s popular.

HurtPotato

Neo Member
I love that he is so versatile when it comes to music. He can make a song with any genre and it will be a hit. This song snippet for example. Amazing. I need the full song.

Last edited:
He looks like an idiot and his "music" sucks.
But I can't hate on anybody finding their success and tapping into something.

Top Bottom