• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you hope for and expect from the Breath of the Wild story dungeon DLC?

13ruce

Banned
I want to see the Deku Kingdom rise out of the Typhlo Ruins with their own Divine Beast, the majestic emu . It'll dash around Hyrule field at breakneck speeds, hindering the clear shots the other Divine Beasts might have.

This DLC will also spawn 100 monkeys in the overworld, which the Deku King tasks you to incinerate. If you kill them by any other means than fire, they'll just respawn after a blood moon.

This should be it.
Let me burn all da monkeys plz.

What makes you think that? It's pretty much the first Zelda game in 20 years that purposely ignores the formula introduced by ALttP/OoT. Calling it a love letter to OoT seems strange with that in mind.
Everything reminds me of early Zelda Ocarina footage where they were still experimenting with how to transition Zelda to 3D and the promises of a huge changing world with Ura-Zelda on 64DD. Big fields, big towns, caves with enemies, I don't know. I just get a vibe that this is what Ocarina was supposed to be more in line with originally.

vIxRSyO.jpg

MJc2fqh.jpg

7U2cMn1.gifv

bXem2UU.jpg

dSqy8Wq.jpg

vcL5rdP.jpg

9kwCHJq.jpg

AChAZfg.jpg

WKZBBFB.jpg

MoonFrog

Classic Zelda dungeon in-overworld, BotW overworld at that. It'd be a real feat.

I'd settle for a mega-shrine/divine beast.

Definitely needs a killer boss though.

BotW's one weakness is it's dungeons. So honestly, all I'm hoping for is a bigger and more challenging dungeon. I don't really care the theme of it or anything.

I noticed while I was playing the other day that Paya's diary talks about
Paya hearing voices in her head. Paya also alludes to the Sheikah heirloom as belonging to Link.
It's also possible this is just something part of the base game that I haven't unveiled yet, but if not, perhaps this has to do with either the upcoming DLC story, or the new "map feature" in the summer DLC.

I haven't beaten the game yet and haven't read most responses here to avoid spoilers but...

Seeing as the story did not play out the way I thought it did (not a critique), I would say I would like if they did so by having you play
as Zelda 100 years ago. I honestly thought they could have added gravity and a much bigger sense of loss and defeat here by having the players live it through gameplay rather than flashbacks

TomEric

Neo Member
I think a post-ending DLC would be cool, but since it requires beating the game and the DLC being advertised as "a new original story", I think the DLC taking place 100 years before the story in BotW is more likely.

There are a lot of things that they could do if they went that way:
  • Show a pre-calamity Hyrule Castle and Castle Town
  • Take some of the small town ruins that you can find around the map and build new towns there that you can explore
  • Create new NPCs that are present in the towns that we were able to explore in BotW
  • Have you go through the divine beasts again with altered puzzles to activate them in the first place
  • Have you go underneath Hyrule Castle to explore the Sheikah Laboratory

The biggest advantage for Nintendo is that they don't have to create a new open world, just tweak the current open world where applicable.

I'm guessing it's post-game. Idk why else they would show the divine beasts malfunctioning at the end. Can switch between playing as Link or Zelda at any time. The Divine Beasts are malfunctioning. Impa, Robbie and Purah tell Zelda and Link that they must appoint the new champions which will end up being Prince Sidon, Lady Riju, Teba, and Yunobo. A long the journey you interact more with Zelda, regain more memories of the past about Zelda and the past champions, as well as the new champions storyline. New side quests and shrines open up around the world in addition to a new collectible(like the Korok seeds but only 100 of them). As well as other special events occurring around the map. After awakening the champions a large new dungeon that takes a few hours to complete opens up.

johnny505

Hopefully more motion control puzzles! There really wasn't enough to solve, my pro controller hasn't been broken yet out of frustration.

cheez124

i personally hope it's either pre or postgame. i'd really like to see a thriving hyrule castle and castle town like in ocarina and TP. that said, i wouldn't mind if it was in a new area entirely either

It may be unreasonable, but taking a year on the story DLC, I have higher expectations for the amount of content.

I do wonder if they go a new landmass direction, or if they add new areas to the existing world.

The current world has so many fantastic set pieces which in my ideal world, would have been dungeons rather than just giving you shrines, and would have had much more story/lore build up. They could easily take advantage of any of these to tell an interesting story.

Top Bottom