• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you hope for and expect from the Breath of the Wild story dungeon DLC?

Eusis

Hoping for some backstory on what the hell happened to Ganondorf. He went full primal in this game.
Haven't beaten it and don't want to spoil myself, but... man, 10,000 years of this song and dance would drive anyone fucking wild.

Skyzard

Banned
-bring fi back, master sword needs more character
-decrease the weapons durability to increase difficulty
-have more weather effects and rain like effects on terrain
-less music, more ambiance
-less dungeons, more shrines
-implement a comprehensive tutorial (don't be lazy Nintendo)

This has to be a joke post.

Would love to see a large, complex dungeon a la Twilight Princess. And of course a new area filled with things to explore. But most importantly I want a challenging dungeon. The dungeons were the weakest part of the main game.

Skeletos311

I want a dungeon that isn't inside of a beast. I don't think they would put in another beast anyway, but still. I want a dungeon that's more like the old dungeons. I want something like a really long shrine, but with more enemies, and a different theme. It doesn't have to be Sheikah shrine theme with little guardians in it.

If it's something after the events of BotW, I'd like to see a story about Zelda and Link going around discovering ancient Hylian artifacts and sites. Stuff that tells us more about what happened in this world in those 10,000 years or even before that. Maybe there's a bunch of world exploration that leads to shrines and then it all ends in the big new dungeon.

A playable version of the events 100 before BotW would also be cool, but that's probably big enough for its own game.

I want a 10000years Ago ganon fight where all the guardians are firing at Ganon as he one-shots them.

Basicially a better 2nd phase Ganon fight.

Either that or a new Weapon Class. Dual Daggers/Ball and Chain/Gautlets.

Outrun

Flood it. Flood Hyrule.

giphy.gif

Link had the stamina of a 80 year old... Flooded Hyrule would be rough.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Let us know what was up with the lab in Hyrule Castle.

100 years ago DLC is my hope.

10,000 years ago DLC is too, but I doubt that'll happen... it would require a map that's far too different to what we have now.

Cuburt

I agree with everything OP says except aliens.

Bringing back the Dark World is something I never considered, but thinking about it now, I think it would be a better way to introduce a hard mode and remix the world with that premise.

I do think having the tiny town could be fun and easy to add to this world as some mini quest. When I first saw it in the GDC panel, I had thought it was hidden in the game and no one had seen it yet, which was a awesome thought for a brief second.

What I'm really hoping for is transporting back in time 100 years. I don't know if it would be easy to pull off, but I think they already have some of the assets and characters set up to do it, and they can reuse much of the world. Using the Temple of Time to do it is a great idea though.

Honestly, even if they don't go this direction, I hope they do a DLC pack that does this stuff in the future, even if it means charging $30 or something like that for a full on game expansion.

Kyzon

My hope and dream is that the DLC involves Ganondorf trying to free himself from the curse of Demise and throughout the DLC accidentally transforming himself into Calamity Ganon.

Though a Minish quest sounds fun as well.

jmizzal

Alien invasion plz lol

You have to take their weapons to have very effective damage against them, and a Spaceship dungeon

I'd like to see something that's designed to be reminiscent of a labyrinth from the original Zelda, filled with some classic enemies that are missing in the current game (like Stalfos and Darknuts), and then the boss at the end is this guy:

rPaViLa.png

But he's enormous and terrifying.

Semajer

An actual dungeon would be nice. The divine beasts were glorified shrines, and Hyrule Castle was pretty much just more world exploration, but inside. I enjoyed it but it was nothing like the dungeons of previous games. The DLC could be set under Hyrule Castle in the underground Sheikah structure.

BotW seems like a love song to Ocarina, so I think the DLC should be a love song to Majora. A darker atmosphere, maybe an alternate dimension? I don't know.

Cerium

BotW seems like a love song to Ocarina

I don't see it, honestly. TP was the love song to Ocarina. BOTW is its own thing.

And that is, ironically, what makes it most like Ocarina. The fact that it marks the start of a whole new era for the franchise and for the genre.

Would welcome a Majora style sequel.

TrueBlue

Playable Zelda would be wonderful. I second the notion of a magic based moveset so as to differentiate her from Link. Would open up new combat and traversal possibilities.

Cerium

Playable Zelda would be wonderful. I second the notion of a magic based moveset so as to differentiate her from Link. Would open up new combat and traversal possibilities.
They keep talking about the next Zelda having co-op so I'm kind of expecting the sequel to be Zelda and Link together.

Playable Zelda.

A massive/harder dungeon TP princess style, the divine beasts are either pretty easy, or I've become really good at puzzles.

takriel

I hope they read the criticism about the story in time to implement their solution to it in this story DLC.

- Give us an epic little story
- Full orchestral suite to go along
- Dungeon à la Hyrule Castle
- A talking villain

I feel like they could easily make multiple dungeon-shrine layouts with the assets they use for shrines. Make a variety of them and have em work kinda like Chalice dungeons from bloodborne or something. It would be lame that they all looked similar with the same assets but eh, having a decent amount of those would be pretty neato, maybe even throw in a procedural element if possible.

That's prolly a pipe dream though. I'd at least like the dungeon to be pretty lengthy, with a cool boss and new unique enemies. Think darknut style Yiga clan warriors with breakable samurai armor or something like that, that'd be pretty fun! I say Yiga cause if they add a new yiga enemy type in the DLC it could spice up the rest of the game by adding them into the random encounters, anything that further enriches the rest of the game gets a big thumbs up from me.

wrowa

I enjoyed the dungeons in BotW and I love the new concept of seemlessly intertwining puzzles with the very architecture of a dungeon. I thought that was really well-made and a lot of more convincing than your usual "solve isolated puzzle to receive key to unlock a door to proceed to the next isolated puzzle" formula.

Hoooooowever: I want something different from the DLC. Mostly because I wouldn't be satisfied paying for a small <1 hour dungeon, that doesn't really seem worth the effort. If it's just another Divine Beast-like dungeon with 10 minutes of story attached to it, then I likely wouldn't be very interested as I don't think this concept works very well if it's not attached to BotW's open world exploration. So, for the DLC I'd like them to think a bit outside of the BotW box, to deliver something that is surprising in BotW's context.

BotW seems like a love song to Ocarina, so I think the DLC should be a love song to Majora. A darker atmosphere, maybe an alternate dimension? I don't know.

What makes you think that? It's pretty much the first Zelda game in 20 years that purposely ignores the formula introduced by ALttP/OoT. Calling it a love letter to OoT seems strange with that in mind.

levyjl1988

Banned
It would be interesting if they can discuss whatever happened to the minish in this game. They don't hide rupees and hearts in pots and bushes anymore. I'm curious about that. Explaination can help bridge that gap. Kinda like the explanation how the Kokiri children are disgyused as children in Ocarina of Time but their true form are those leaf things you see in Windwaker. Also Zoras and Rito's are a different species.

E-phonk

Banned
Object that let's you explore Calamity Hyrule, a dark twisted take on Hyrule full of powerful enemies
All towns are deserted/occupied by enemies
When killed they drop calamity parts
Calamity parts let you build the calamity set, and calamity weapons
Include a calamity Eventide island with new objectives

Skronk

Banned
Object that let's you explore Calamity Hyrule, a dark twisted take on Hyrule full of powerful enemies
All towns are deserted/occupied by enemies
When killed they drop calamity parts
Calamity parts let you build the calamity set, and calamity weapons
Include a calamity Eventide island with new objectives

Hmm, I don't know if this is enough calamity.

Deku Tree

I would like a dungeon in the game world like Hurule Castle. I hope it's some twist dungeon that doesn't involve the main story. Something like
Zeldas story or Miphas story
from 100 years ago.

An epilogue chapter
in which you help Zelda around Hyrule, like the post credits scenes seems to foreshadow. I really want more closure.

jobrro

Something post story with Link and Zelda together maybe going to a proper dungeon and restoring Hyrule a little.

Either that or playable Zelda from 100 years ago. Give her some unique abilities/runes to mix it up, being able to traverse the overworld as her would be icing on the cake.

correojon

Zelda puts Link to sleep and, before going to face Ganon, must travel the land bringing all the Shrines underground and imbuing them with her power so they stay secure until Link find them 100 years later. The game will use the same map as now with slight tweaks and awol Guardians eveywhere. Zelda will use a magic-based set of abbilities with similar effects to the runes but with some differences as well. Then, when she goes to face Ganon she must get through the still standing Hyrule Castle solving puzzles and activating hidden pieces of Sheikah technology to help her imprison Ganon.

Daknight

Would be interesting to find and underground city of the ancient people with their own dungeons and of course the return of a 'Dark Link' (or to keep it theme based Corrupted Link). Say a Guardian that was made in the image of Link in the past to help out that was never uncover in the ancient cities...but after the Goron's keep digging like normal they found this cities with dungeons and ask you to investigate it.

Wensih

I'm not sure I'm expecting any major changes and additions to the world, other than the addition of a new dungeon which doesn't sound like much considering dungeons are a rather short affair.

The addition of the ocarina would be great especially if it allows me to fast forward time (to the hour) or change weather, two factors that cause a lot of sitting around doing nothing waiting.

A minish village would be amazing especially if the minish have a tiny guardian that fires a tiny laser at the castle.

A subterranean cave system was oddly lacking from the world of BotW, so that addition would be neat.

I'm hoping for a throw back to traditional dungeons and enemies since that is what "veteran" players will be used to. They could remake a dungeon from the original legend of Zelda and fill it with classic enemies like darknuts and stalfoes. Maybe wizzrobes that actually summon enemies.

D.Lo

Pretty pretty pretty good.

Fireblend

Banned
I give this a 10/10 because of how many people have fallen for it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
what i want is to nintendo milk the hell out of it.
i can keep on playing this game.

I just want Witcher III-sized DLC. I'm gonna be disappointed if it's just some brief 2-hour romp.

This.

The GTA 4 expansions, Mass effect 2 dlc, the FO3 expansions, and the Witcher 3 expansions are the only pieces of DLC i've bought that didn't feel like a rip off.

The Witcher 3's expansion elevated my bar for DLC to the point I'd be shocked if I bought any for any game this year.

That said I would 100% pay for a customizable difficulty mode. Make combat way way way harder but disable weapon durability. That alone would elevate the game to the hype surrounding it.

I want to see the Deku Kingdom rise out of the Typhlo Ruins with their own Divine Beast, the majestic emu . It'll dash around Hyrule field at breakneck speeds, hindering the clear shots the other Divine Beasts might have.

This DLC will also spawn 100 monkeys in the overworld, which the Deku King tasks you to incinerate. If you kill them by any other means than fire, they'll just respawn after a blood moon.

Hydrus

A fifth Divine Beast,it can be a giant horse

No, a shark. Underwater dungeon and you need a new Zora armor that lets you breath under water.

But seriously, no more divine beasts. Here's something I'm pulling out of my ass: How about the DLC takes place 10 years after the ending. Hyrule castle, castle town and temple of time has been rebuilt. It's Link and Zelda's wedding day and all of Hyrule is there to celebrate. During the rebuilding of the temple, a frustrated worker finds the ocarina. That frustrated worker is the reincarnation of Vaati!! Angry and jealous of Link, he kidnaps Zelda and uses the ocarina to go back in time. From their you also get sent back and have to complete a traditional Zelda dungeon and take on reincarnated Vaati. Also somehow Ganondorf plays a role in this aswell. The minish assets end up not going to waste! Dammit, I just need some closure after that lame ending!

Top Bottom