• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think about your college experience overall?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Fucking loved all of it. College, university, post graduate, and doctorate. Had zero responsibilities, and was young, dumb and full of shit. Went to some great universities as well. I was very lucky. Did it all at a time when we weren’t saddled with huge debt.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Not much. I commuted, so it ended up being basically an extension of high school, just with fancier facilities in a more exciting area of the city. I also found the comp sci curriculum to be an uninteresting and outdated slog, for the most part. My degree got me my job right after graduation and I still have it all these years later, so it wasn't all bad.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Fucking loved all of it. College, university, post graduate, and doctorate. Had zero responsibilities, and was young, dumb and full of shit. Went to some great universities as well. I was very lucky. Did it all at a time when we weren’t saddled with huge debt.
I enjoyed it too.

But looking back, for sake of saving money I commuted so I slogged it over an hour each way for my undergrad. So it was a pain and I missed out on so much more fun with my friends who stay on residence or found shared apartments to rent out. While they partied and watched Jerry Springer shows together, I joined them all for laughs driving down on Fridays and weekends. Then in the summers or after graduation, we'd still get together and do road trips together. A great trip we had was a buddies GF who we took her shitty Hyundai to the US. Shit car and she was a shit driver too. lol

If i could do it over, I'd pay for campus living and just pay off a bigger student loan.

Looking back, it's amazing how easy the content was but at the time every kid is freaking out. Then again I took business programs which are easy to pass. I'll guess science, engineering, and medicine is a different story. You hear tons of people dropping out of those programs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom