• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you want to see from a ROG Ally 2.0?

Hohenheim

I'd like these windows handhelds to have a clean UI, and being able to be controlled easily with a controller when docked to TV.
No more half baked solutions like that aweful Armory Craye and Legion's UI. So yeah,basically making it into a steam deck with easy access to Game Pass etc as well.

Last edited:

PsyEd

A SD card slot that actually works than killing SD cards when in performance mode and/or plugged in. And some PRO version with an OLED screen with VRR.

Last edited:
OLED and Windows "big picture mode" is MS can get their shit together and allow all PCs to boot up as consoles controlled by controllers. They should have had this a decade ago n

Much better power efficiency. Better upscaling tech/ frame gen.

Ability to play last gen games at 720p medium 60 fps in handheld mode, and get 2 hrs of battery life.

Xyphie

• Black (or non-white) option
  • Strix/Kraken Point Zen5 APU
  • Proprietary eGPU solution replaced with TB4/OcuLink
  • >16GB options
  • OLED options
  • Smaller bezel screen
  • 1 touchpad for easier mouse navigation
  • >40Wh battery
  • Powerbank accessory

Dr.D00p

32GB of ram is the big one, same with all of the handhelds.

Being able to allocate 8GB of that to VRAM usage would give big framerate boosts to alot of the newer games.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
OLED and Windows "big picture mode" is MS can get their shit together and allow all PCs to boot up as consoles controlled by controllers. They should have had this a decade ago n
I hope the market becomes popular enough to light a fire under their ass for this especially since gaming on windows is one of its most popular applications

Black (or non-white) option
We should really be getting these handhelds in different marketable colors by now... would make them so much more appealing and colorful to buy. Red, blue, purple, green, etc

Partner up with aaa studios like cdpr to get game themed collectors editions too. I'd buy a halo or Gran Turismo themed handheld

Ozriel

M$FT
Better battery life (go with a much bigger battery), OLED display with VRR, perhaps one touchpad for easier OS navigation.

Definitely stick with Windows.

RagnarokIV

32 inch OLED display, pressure sensitive face buttons for PS2/3 games, user replaceable battery, solar-power charging and running Blades UI.

FingerBang

Better battery life (go with a much bigger battery), OLED display with VRR, perhaps one touchpad for easier OS navigation.

Definitely stick with Windows.
I think this is going to happen. They have been pushing their OLED screens on everything, it's only natural we'll get an OLED version. Improved battery is a must. The touchpad would be a nice to have, but I think better battery life and OLED display is all it takes to confirm itself as the best device.

And absolutely windows, yes.

JCK75

I want Microsoft to make a debloated version of Windows 11 with a more steamOS like interface for something like this to really shine.

Dr.D00p

I want Microsoft to make a debloated version of Windows 11 with a more steamOS like interface for something like this to really shine.

There's no way Microsoft will allow any handheld of theirs to have the same sort of open access, by dropping to desktop mode, as Valve does with the Steam Deck, to install all sorts of goodies that Microsoft really wouldn't like you installing on a device that would connect to their online services..way,way to easy to hack.

If it's just another closed system console, albeit portable, I don't see the attraction.

JCK75

There's no way Microsoft will allow any handheld of theirs to have the same sort of open access, by dropping to desktop mode, as Valve does with the Steam Deck, to install all sorts of goodies that Microsoft really wouldn't like you installing on a device that would connect to their online services..way,way to easy to hack.

If it's just another closed system console, albeit portable, I don't see the attraction.

This is not their handheld.. they see a new market for windows with these devices and they either adapter windows to fit or lose to SteamOS.

Ozriel

M$FT

Why would the Ally 2 be a closed system, unlike every other Windows device?

Walk me through your thought process here.

Top Bottom