• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Does Sony Have For The Holidays?

Elandyll

Banned
since ps4 launch Sony has a auto-hype, even when they got less games and less exclusives - I own every console, I play multiplats on ps4, but sincerely I don't understand why ps4 is so well.

I'm not sure if it's the same person on different accounts or what, but I could swear I see the exact same kind of post reguarly (down to the mandatory "I'm not biased, I own every console") and it's how the "PS4 has no Game" meme started...

In all seriousness though:

less games? no

less exclusives? no

I will refer you to www.listwar.com for all your list needs.

Based on past precedent, I'm inclined to believe Sony may drop the price towards the end of the year but I also think they might wait until Morpheus is ready.

Project cars devs said it supports Morpheus so maybe a bundle is in the works.

since ps4 launch Sony has a auto-hype, even when they got less games and less exclusives - I own every console, I play multiplats on ps4, but sincerely I don't understand why ps4 is so well.

I have never seen hype that has lasted almost 1.5 years, though that's not even the main problem of your comment. The PS4 does not have less games nor have less exclusives. The reason why it's selling so well is because its library appeals to a wide variety of gamers.

cakely

Who is Tim Dog and what has he done to make him act like such a bigshot?

He's literally a nobody.

He had an account here for a week, Maybe? Contributed a few posts consisting entirely of hot garbage and got banned as a junior.

He's made a full-time job out of tweeting to Xbox PR accounts, minus actually getting paid.

He's the physical manifestation of internet fandom.

EatMyFace

Banned
Because its the best platform. People don't buy the console with the most exclusives. That would just be silly.

The "PS4 has no games" thing should be bannable at this point, it's not even logical at this point or even makes a lick of sense.

The way I've always read the 'nogaemz' nonsense is basically this :

"PS4's line-up, compared to "insert competitor" in "insert time period" is either "less in quantity/quality" or "doesn't counter that big game that competitor has, so it sucks."

Which is bullshit, imo.

The way I've always read the 'nogaemz' nonsense is basically this :

"PS4's line-up, compared to "insert competitor" in "insert time period" is either "less in quantity/quality" or "doesn't counter that big game that competitor has, so it sucks."

Which is bullshit, imo.

It is BS that's the point...it is trolling imo.

There was a flood of that coming from PC players

Which is pretty much where that sentiment comes from.

As a PC player I resent that comment. We have no need to mock PS4, an if I want to attack consoles "no games" is the last insult I would use. It is purely Microsoft customers who make such comments.

Thank you. That is ALL I wanted to see.

I have to admit that is extremely surprising. I would have expected the Xbox 360 to have been the dominant platform by a significant margin honestly.

Here's what I have. On launch, the X1 version did about 1246k and the PS4 version did 1160k. Afterwards, the X1 version was above the PS4 version in NPD for December, January, February but the PS4 version was on top for March. I don't have exact numbers for these months unfortunately.

UK numbers, you have the link there. After launch, some weeks the XB1 version was ahead, others the PS4 but not by much of a difference.

In Japan, the PS4 version sold about ~120k if my totals are correct.

Given that everything else outside US/UK is firmly PS4 dominated territory, I think it's pretty good assumption that the PS4 version outsold the X1 version or at the very least, that the two are extremely close.

Kevyt

So another year of multiplatform games? Huh... that's not enticing at all.

Give me some TLG and Guerilla's new IP for the holidays and then we're talking!

Believe.
o:

As a PC player I resent that comment. We have no need to mock PS4, an if I want to attack consoles "no games" is the last insult I would use. It is purely Microsoft customers who make such comments.

Its just anecdotal man. Not personally directed at you

Plenty of PC players have posted here with the same reasoning. Consoles have "no games" if there aren't enough compelling exclusives to warrant their purchase

Otherwise your needs are completely filled on a Gaming PC

Sorry if I wasnt clear

Obviously? Give me a source. I want to see something that confirms that CoD on PS4 outsold CoD X1 worldwide. Because I simply do not believe that is what happened since almost all CoD sales come from the US/UK regions, which are Xbox strongest regions.
Almost all? No not true.

COD and BF appeal to the same demographic and BF sold more on XB1 in the US. But WW PS4 has a significant lead.

It amazes me how the PS4 continues to to sell better than The One, despite the PS4's shoddy build quality, low-quality controller, horrible online and lack of games.

I guess people fall for peer pressure, and base their purchasing decisions off of what their friends are doing, instead of going for the highest quality. Just like how people choose to drink Coors or Bud Light over a quality beer like Heineken.

Somnia

It amazes me how the PS4 continues to to sell better than The One, despite the PS4's shoddy build quality, low-quality controller, horrible online and lack of games.

I guess people fall for peer pressure, and base their purchasing decisions off of what their friends are doing, instead of going for the highest quality. Just like how people choose to drink Coors or Bud Light over a quality beer like Heineken.

Sorry the bolded ruins your entire argument since you mentioned Heineken and quality in the same sentence. :)

Conduit

Banned

:D Another one.

TomShoe

Banned
Sorry the bolded ruins your entire argument since you mentioned Heineken and quality in the same sentence. :)

I don't understand how people consider Yuengling a quality beer, both that and Heineken taste like diluted piss water. Corona in a glass bottle, now that's living. Still piss water, but somewhat less so.

Care to provide some examples? Or are you just salty.

Didn't think a mod would fall for the bait
:^)

Somnia

Care to provide some examples? Or are you just salty.

Learn to quote Kagari! <3 you

edit: darn you fixed it, you foiled me this time!

I don't understand how people consider Yuengling a quality beer, both that and Heineken taste like diluted piss water. Corona in a glass bottle, now that's living. Still piss water, but somewhat less so.

Oh man, I think we just became best friends due to Corona.

7.8/10 - Too much Heineken

Lemondish

This was a fun post.

All you people talking about Corona or Yeungling need to actually drink beer instead of sticking with the piss water.

Go out and find (I don't care how long it takes) a bottle of Innis & Gunn. You'll thank me later.

Caffeine

Former Treyarch guy about CoD PS4 marketing:

https://twitter.com/JD_2020/status/590678072392863744

seems about right

i dont know the full details of the last agreement so im assuming it was similar.

"The agreement which began in 2009 now extends for all add ons and map packs from the mega-blockbuster Call of Duty(R) franchise through 2012"

a similar deal was made during 2012 e3 which was announced during micrsofts e3 press conference. which probably spanned to only early 2015. which would mean contract negotiations with compaines would occur right now for activision. this doesnt only include sony but would probably include negotiations with MLGtv

Jomjom

Banned
There was a flood of that coming from PC players

Which is pretty much where that sentiment comes from.
Actually that sentiment almost always comes from xbox players because you usually see a comment that the xbox has much better exclusives in the same post.

The sentiment from PC players is "lol you guys are arguing about 180ps when you're missing 30fps? 4k birches! "

P. S. It's obvious PS4 has no games because we're resorting to beer talk.

This thread - and others - inspired me to write something about exclusives, and how I think Sony's actually got the right business strategy when it comes to moving its titles out of the holiday release window. Hopefully some of you get something out of it - even if you disagree:

And that's why, in our opinion, these holiday exclusives don't matter as much as people think. Sony seems to have cottoned on, realising that it can maintain mindshare all year by spreading the love. As far as we can tell, this Christmas is going to be all about Star Wars: Battlefront on the PS4 – and, if the rumours are true, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, too. They may be third-party games, but the Japanese giant will compensate in the New Year: Uncharted 4 will inevitably be the biggest Spring release of 2016, and it'll have all of the breathing space that it needs to truly dominate the headlines. Why share that attention with third-parties just to be part of the Christmas conversation? It doesn't make sense.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/04/talking_point_does_the_ps4_really_need_big_holiday_exclusives

Verendus

Banned
It's now been a week since this thread started, and surprise, surprise, they still have nothing for the holidays.

lol Sony

More like Jabrony.

Jomjom

Banned
It's now been a week since this thread started, and surprise, surprise, they still have nothing for the holidays.

lol Sony

More like Jabrony.

I know! You're a false prophet! I believed in all those teases you were giving but the truth is Sony just has nothing. I've lost my faith in you.

Salty member ends post with quality beer like Heineken.

giphy.gif

EDIT: can't tell if trolling or not now that I reread it. Seriously though.. Heineken?

Persona 5?

This. I believe the general overlooking of Persona 5 is laughable on these types of post, but just my opinion. Also those stating "wait after E3" were my initial thought from seeing the topic.

I get the concern (or the temptation to compare MS vs. Sony), but really we won't get an idea for both platforms until after E3 (maybe Gamescom and to a less extent TGS) on their true Holiday line-up.

As a sony fan, and owning all big three consoles, I'm just hoping there aren't too many delays for the cross-platform games.

As somebody who liks Yeungling, Heineken, Bud Light and Coors Light I'm feeling pretty insecure about my beer pallete.

My favorite is Blue Moon. Does that redeem me?

vin-buc

I would be happy if Sony introduces a "dualshock 4 pro" controller which has a beefier battery life, better plastics and better sticks with a swappable front plate. Maybe some back buttons (a la Scuf, cinch) for all these 3rd party marketing deals with 1st person shooters =P

Make it so on the E3 stage Sony.

I'm betting Sony has some stuff in the can for E3. It's Playstation's 20th anniversary in the US, so it's a big year for them to roll out some cool games. Bloodborne's success should help send a message that we want more great exclusives, and that hopefully the loud vocal weirdos who can't read in the first place that are more interested in marketing schedules than video games won't have a say in the matter. Ideally, they should be permanently banned from the internet, but that's just my ideal world. :)

I'm betting Sony has some stuff in the can for E3. It's Playstation's 20th anniversary in the US, so it's a big year for them to roll out some cool games. Bloodborne's success should help send a message that we want more great exclusives, and that hopefully the loud vocal weirdos who can't read in the first place that are more interested in marketing schedules than video games won't have a say in the matter. Ideally, they should be permanently banned from the internet, but that's just my ideal world. :)

Can! Like a Heineken's Can!

I hope Sony have some decent third party exclusive lagers lined up for this year's Christingle, because their first party stuff is minging.

Top Bottom