• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game do you really want to play but can’t?

Dungeon Runners. So sad, it came out before it’s time. In a world where the big 2 Isometric online ARPG options right now are Diablo and PoE, this game would have been a definite breath of fresh air and stuck out very well.

Instead it released in the generation where we had a ton of ARPGs and Diablo as a franchise was in it’s prime. It never stood a chance.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Guilty_AI

There is some GAAS games i'd like to play like Destiny 2, Diablo 4 or Genshi Impact, but i just hate how they're designed in such a way to suck up all my free time. Any game that implements any sort of mechanics that forces me to keep coming back, logging in, otherwise risk losing content like battle passes, or has too much grind is a insta turn-off for me. Even more so if they're always online, or have ridiculous monetization schemes.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Had a good experience with final fantasy 7 remake and I’m confident for the sequel.

P.T.

I would like to try it but it was removed before I even had a PS4. Well, you can always hack your PS4 but that's another story.
There are emulated/remade versions you can play, one seems to be behind a patron paywall and another is something else, idk. It seemed cool, I just walked around in circles a lot

FF XVI but only because I don't want it pay £60 for it while it's still new. FF games usually drop in price significantly a few months after launch so I can wait.

Pokemon Black/White 1 & 2, and Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Not paying the high prices for them physically, and I hope one day Nintendo puts them out digitally.

NahaNago

I really want to play Guild Wars 2 but I don’t have a PC just an old laptop that will not be able to play it. I keep watching YouTube videos on GW2 and I hope I can manage to play it someday.
I think I did play that for a little but fell off. It's a good reminder to try it again as well Tera.
Final Fantasy XIV...

One of these days......
It is more of a get back to it. I keep playing it for a little and then just stopping for months or even years.

Banned
Megaman Legends 3
Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

I desperately want to get into Nioh but I can’t. It’s so fucking hard and mechanically demanding.

I’ll try again after Armoured Core…

There is some GAAS games i'd like to play like Destiny 2, Diablo 4 or Genshi Impact, but i just hate how they're designed in such a way to suck up all my free time. Any game that implements any sort of mechanics that forces me to keep coming back, logging in, otherwise risk losing content like battle passes, or has too much grind is a insta turn-off for me. Even more so if they're always online, or have ridiculous monetization schemes.
I’ve been playing Diablo 4 four about 90 mins a day and I’m really enjoying it that way.

Fbh

FFXVI but I don't want to pay the subscription and at this point it sounds like playing through all the main content would take hundreds of hours and I don't think I have the patience for that

Sekiro

Skill issue

Couldn't go after double ape fight. It was too much.
You can skip it. There is also a method that works 100% of the time once you have it down.

Hit the small brown ape just once. It will chase you. Draw it away, use firecrackers and go to town. Run around while it cools down. Do this three times and it goes down. Now the big ape is just a case of deflecting that big drop and using the hookshot to pull the insect out. The fight becomes trivial this way.

Top Bottom