• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game do you really want to play but can’t?

Drizzlehell

Banned
The remaster of Metroid Prime but I won't buy an entire system just to play one game so either Nintendo starts releasing games on PC or they can suck it.

RAIDEN1

MK: Shaolin Monks, there is no modern remaster for it, and also no backward compatibility to at least the Xbox 360

dezzy8

There is some GAAS games i'd like to play like Destiny 2, Diablo 4 or Genshi Impact, but i just hate how they're designed in such a way to suck up all my free time. Any game that implements any sort of mechanics that forces me to keep coming back, logging in, otherwise risk losing content like battle passes, or has too much grind is a insta turn-off for me. Even more so if they're always online, or have ridiculous monetization schemes.
I’m with you on the Diablo 4. Genshin impact is on mobile so you can always get some time in when you’re free anywhere.

TheStam

NHL games, they don't release them on PC since '09 or something like that because of "piracy"

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I wanted to play Panzer Dragoon Saga again. But I just can't get it to run. Either on emulador or the system I have. It's jinxed, so I kinda gave up.

Yeah... My PS3 has been dead for a while.
I wish they re-released it or something. Even though I don't really see that happening anytime soon.
Me too. I played them all on launch and have been patiently waiting on a trilogy remaster…realistically I would take a straight port, maybe with some fresh trophies!

Me too. I played them all on launch and have been patiently waiting on a trilogy remaster…realistically I would take a straight port, maybe with some fresh trophies!
Totally! I don't need a remaster, really. Just make the game available to play (On modern consoles)

I'm aware that trilogy doesn't have a good reputation, but I want to see it for myself. The gameplay looks fast paced and intense.

Last edited:
Totally! I don't need a remaster, really. Just make the game available to play (On modern consoles)

I'm aware that trilogy doesn't have a good reputation, but I want to see it for myself. The gameplay looks fast paced and intense.
You know…I’ve been a die hard FF fan since 1 on nes. At first I didn’t like FFXIII at all, but then just let it go and played it for what it is. I really ended up enjoying it quite a bit. 13-2 is pretty solid, but to me Lightning Returns is the most interesting one. I would recommend if you do get a chance to play it, read into the lore that’s available, it definitely helps better understand the story.

You know…I’ve been a die hard FF fan since 1 on nes. At first I didn’t like FFXIII at all, but then just let it go and played it for what it is. I really ended up enjoying it quite a bit. 13-2 is pretty solid, but to me Lightning Returns is the most interesting one. I would recommend if you do get a chance to play it, read into the lore that’s available, it definitely helps better understand the story.
Thank you, I totally will!
I saw some screenshots of Lighting Returns and it's the one I'm most curious about.
That desert section in particular looks gorgeous, and the boss fights seem pretty epic.

Robb

Gold Member
I’d like to play through Half-Life: Alyx. I’ve only tried it at a friends house, but I’d love a non-VR version so that I can play through it myself.

Thank you, I totally will!
I saw some screenshots of Lighting Returns and it's the one I'm most curious about.
That desert section in particular looks gorgeous, and the boss fights seem pretty epic.
It is very unique. There is a time limit type thing, but I completed everything in the game including the Platinum trophy and never once felt like I was pressured to complete things too quick. There is reason they used a timer in the game too, and you would learn that. I won’t spoil any of that for you.

Podge

Neo Member
For me it’s probably Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Nintendo Switch. I I just finished the Primordial Malzeno hunt in Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak and absolutely loved Sunbreak as a whole. I want to play more Monster Hunter. However I am having a hard time gelling with MHGU and don’t really have anyone to play with online.

I also keep bouncing off of the MH World Iceborne dlc on PlayStation. None of my PlayStation owning friends like Monster Hunter so I don’t have anyone to play with there either. I have tried soloing Iceborne but I’m struggling with each quest and don’t really understand the SOS system.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Astro Bot Rescue Mission. Dont have a PS4 VR, it's not on PS5 for some reason, and I doubt I would buy one either as I already have invested in the PC side of VR.

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

I've had a hankering to play some of the EA Lord Of The Rings games, you had two really decent 'hack and slash' titles and a fun RTS. But unless you dig out your old system they're not easily available...

6mLMtro.jpg

GymWolf

I want to replay condemned1 on pc, i have it on steam but i can't manage to make the xone controller to work flawlessly so i can't fucking play the game.

I would like to replay dark messiah on pc, exact same problem as condemned

Same with fear1.

I want to replay the first 2 infamous but sony prefer to remaster other more recent titles and their streaming service is absolute dogshit so it is not an option.

I would like to replay parasite eve 1 but i don't know how.

phant0m

I really want to play Guild Wars 2 but I don’t have a PC just an old laptop that will not be able to play it. I keep watching YouTube videos on GW2 and I hope I can manage to play it someday.
bruh. how bad is laptop? GW2 is some 2012-era shit, like you can run it on integrated graphics from even a few years ago. damn. it's also on GFN so if you have decent internet you can just stream it

anyway, my answer is Starcraft: Ghost. It probably wasn't good. But I pined after it for years growing up.

Honorable mention to HL3. fucking why, valve? why cocktease a trilogy and just fucking give up 2/3 of the way through? it's worse than GRRM.

<tim robinson what the fuck.gif>

Last edited:

Mondai

bruh. how bad is laptop? GW2 is some 2012-era shit, like you can run it on integrated graphics from even a few years ago. damn. it's also on GFN so if you have decent internet you can just stream it

anyway, my answer is Starcraft: Ghost. It probably wasn't good. But I pined after it for years growing up.

Honorable mention to HL3. fucking why, valve? why cocktease a trilogy and just fucking give up 2/3 of the way through? it's worse than GRRM.

<tim robinson what the fuck.gif>
My laptop won’t run it trust me.

T0minator

Surprisingly I think about playing Calling All Cars pretty often, it was so fun to play with my brother when I was young.

PlayStation bring Calling All Cars back to PS Plus 🙏🏼

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Sound Voltex. The game has a specialized control scheme and the controllers made specifically for it cost quite a lot of money. 160 dollars which is already steep, then you take into account shipping and that jumps up to 200. :(

LastBattle

It was FFXVI, but now that the dust has settled and we are out of the honeymoon phase and hearing less than positive sentiment, ehhhhhhh…

header.jpg

Was an amazing blend of third person action, moba-style team roles, and king-of the hill area control. Legitimately one of the best multiplayer games I’ve ever played and it died so early.

It was felt weirdly ahead of it’s time and I honestly believe if it was released today it might find some success.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I want to replay condemned1 on pc, i have it on steam but i can't manage to make the xone controller to work flawlessly so i can't fucking play the game.

I would like to replay dark messiah on pc, exact same problem as condemned

Same with fear1.

I want to replay the first 2 infamous but sony prefer to remaster other more recent titles and their streaming service is absolute dogshit so it is not an option.

I would like to replay parasite eve 1 but i don't know how.
You can get Parasite Even on PSN if you search for it. You should be able to buy it from a PS3 or Vita. You can play it on a PS TV too. Buy a $100 Vita or PS3. It’s an excellent game.

I feel that way about Condemned 2. I have the disc but it’s not compatible with XBO.

Top Bottom