• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game do you regret buying!!!!

Lords of the Fallen, but I have no one to blame but myself. Knew full well what I was getting into and still figured "Eh, how bad can it really be."

SFV simply because no one else I knew bothered. If I'd had someone else to play against that weren't just random online players, I'd have enjoyed it a lot more.

SPCTRE

I can't think of a recent- no wait, I can.

Micro Machines World Tour.

Fuck that game, if I want to play Overwatch, I'll play Overwatch.

renzolama

Most recently, Agents of Mayhem...not because it's subpar, because it was completely obvious it would be subpar and I impulse bought it anyway.

I bought Rain World when it released on PS4 and regretted it almost immediately. It's a great game and the way systems interact with each other is really impressive, but I don't find it at all fun to play. A shame really as I followed it before launch and was really looking forward to it.

edgefusion

Absolute Drift
Battlefield Hardline
Bound By Flame
Dogchild
Fortnite
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Star Wars: Battlefront
Tales of Zestiria
The Technomancer
Virginia

I've made a lot of bad choices.

KooPaL

Playstation All Star. The game looked cool but it never had the fun factor of smash. Also i only played it for 2 games.

guyssorry

Nioh. The game is more bloated than I am after drinking a glass of milk. Felt way too tedious and repetitive and also had way too many systems/random drops and too few enemy types.

Toni

This gen?

The Witcher 3.

The Witcher 3.

The Witcher 3.

I'm happy to support CD Projekt Red in their projects as they have a keen talent for story telling and awesome quest design.

But man, was that gameplay just terrible after playing Bloodborne (animations included). Even worse now that Horizon is out.

Smasher89

Playstation All Star. The game looked cool but it never had the fun factor of smash. Also i only played it for 2 games.
Its because it requires 20 min of labbing in training mode, when you get the combos down it becomes more rewarding for sure.

Arms- It feels like it lacks depth in a way that makes it feel less rewarding.

Oneself

I bought Rain World when it released on PS4 and regretted it almost immediately. It's a great game and the way systems interact with each other is really impressive, but I don't find it at all fun to play. A shame really as I followed it before launch and was really looking forward to it.
I don't regret buying it but I mostly feel the same. Not owning it wouldn't change a thing... And it was kinda expensive tbh.

KOHIPEET

Horizon Zero Dawn (so far) I bought it second-hand and came in with huge expectations.

The gameplay is just such a pain in the ass. Aloy is annoying as hell and some of the cutscenes look borderline unfinished.

Happy for GG doing well with sales, but the game is a huge letdown for me.

(might give it a try in autumn as I have more patience that time of the year.)

vypek

Only one I can think of during this generation and last is Just Cause 3. Don't think I've had a regret for a game since some PS2 game

Nuke Soda

It's not that I regret buying it, but that I regret getting caught up in the hype train. Watch_Dogs
A game that could never live up to the hype.

Freddo

About 1,5 years ago I bought a Wii U to play Xenoblade Chronicles X, cause I loved the first XC game on the Wii. Big mistake, XCX was an extremely massive disappointment. I should have skipped the Wii U and just wait for a Switch to play Zelda.

Buying the recent Valkyria Revolution at launch for the PS4 was a big mistake too, the game is so bad.

Goldboy

I think the only game I've ever regretted buying was Dragon Age: Inquisition. This was before backlash against it started rolling in, and I came into the game with high expectations based on the glowing reviews and impressions. Absolutely regret buying it and regret wasting 40 hours on it even more.

I regretted buying Halo MCC at first, but after it received enough patches for the multiplayer to be functional again, I played hundreds of matches and definitely feel like I got my money's worth out of it.

Basketball

2017/16

Horizon zero Dawn
... I don't like robots very much and Blake Griffen talks too much

Nioh

Got bored fast seeing the same place same enemies for the 43rd hour

Conan exiles
Shitty combat is shitty

Mafia 3
Boring boring nothing to do.. fun gunplay and executions though

Lady Gaia

Probably not a popular pick, but Resident Evil 7 is the only game in recent history I’m sorry I bought. I’ve enjoyed plenty of dark titles including past RE games, PT, and Hellblade. I derive zero entertainment from depictions of stereotypically awful people doing awful things to their fellow human beings. If that’s what I wanted I could just read the news. It’s the only digital purchase I’ve ever tried to get a refund on and I was denied.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Something with the steering just feels very off with this game which has totally soured the experience for me. Coupled with the fact that Splatoon multiplayer is so much more fun, there was no reason to buy this. Gonna trade it in soon.

Budi

There's few actually that come to mind.

Ghost Recon Wildlands. I knew how it was since I played the beta. And I wanted to get it to play with friends, but wait for a steep sale first. Unfortunately two of my friends picked it up at launch so I "had" too. I really didn't have time to invest in it at the moment and had many better games to play. So I clocked in 10 hours and my friends played a lot more than me so I haven't went back.

Dragon's Dogma PC. The huge praise it has in GAF made me give it a chance, otherwise I don't think I would had been interested in it. Bought it at launch too but it really didn't hook me as RPG. From what I played it, I absolutely understand why people love it (the combat). But it's not what I love.

I've bought other games too that I haven't sticked with, but don't have really regrets for spending 5-15 bucks on something that's a decent game even if I don't play it that much.

Aaron D.

For 2017 it'd have to be either Witcher 3: GOTY or XCOM 2.

Couldn't get past the first 15 hours of W3 before uninstalling out of boredom.

Couldn't get my copy of XCOM 2 to run worth a crap at launch.

I fully respect the popularity of each title, but boy were they lost on me.

I think I'm more bummed about that than the actual money lost. Both games are genres that I LOVE, and I genuinely wanted to believe.

DMVfan123

Banned
Mass Effect: Andromeda. Traded it and Infamous: Second Son in for Horizon and Arkham Knight and am loving both so far.
Can't believe Andromeda was the first game I've ever preordered, should've cancelled it and bought up Horizon in the first damn place

Top Bottom