• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games do you currently play for quick (<30 min) sessions?

BurningNad

Greetings, GAF!

I've switched jobs a while ago, and the schedule is so drastically different than my last job, that I went from being able to play Destiny for 6+ hours on a work day, to playing about 2 hours of any game in a week, if I'm lucky. I'm just curious as to what sort of games you guys play for those times where you can't commit to a group session, or something that you can get some meaningful progress in a short amount of time.

I'm looking for PC or PS4, but I'm not the only person in the world, so post any game for any system, old or new, and hopefully someone else will gain some info as well! Thanks in advance!

watdaeff4

If you like baseball, get MLB the show and start a RttS character.

Can play a 3 game series in 20-30 minutes as a position player

Griss

If I have only 10 or 15 minutes to play a game, it's usually
-A match of Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (PS4)
-A couple rounds of DoA5 Last Round (PS4)
-A round of Everybody's Golf (Vita)
-A couple of online matches of Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Those are my go-to staples when I don't have time to settle in to a single player session. Great games, all of them.

Sports games are really good for this.

Yep. Sports and racing games are perfect for it.

watdaeff4

If I have only 10 or 15 minutes to play a game, it's usually
-A match of Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (PS4)
-A couple rounds of DoA5 Last Round (PS4)
-A round of Everybody's Golf (Vita)
-A couple of online matches of Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Those are my go-to staples when I don't have time to settle in to a single player session. Great games, all of them.

Yep. Sports and racing games are perfect for it.

I'll have to look into Everybody's Golf.

The Vita (and Switch too for that matter) are perfect for these type of scenarios. Esp with the easy as pie suspend/resume feathures.

Recently BOTW and Mario Kart Deluxe on my Switch.

The Switch UI maybe barebones but the system boots in and out of sleep mode so fast getting into a game is super convenient.

GunBR

Overwatch and FIFA

As everyone said, sports are perfect for this, but online FPS are great for quick matches too

Matty77

Zen Pinball 2. Right now I have been playing a bit of the Plants Vs Zombies and Star Wars Rogue One tables.

Warframe tends to be me day to day game. Log in for the daily login reward, do a couple missions if there's cool stuff to do, log off. Then again I played that game so much that I've pretty much done everything.... So it's probably harder for a newcomers to get anything done in 30 minutes bursts.

When I only have a tiny window for gaming, I usually play mobile games. Right now, Fire Emblem Heroes and Reigns are the two games I play on my phone.

retroman

Lately I've enjoyed playing a few rounds of good old Street Fighter II for the PS Vita via the PSP version of Capcom Classics Reloaded.

petrvs

At home

Dead Cells
Battletech
Faeria
Gwent

On the move

Garou Mark of the Wolves
Valkyrie Profile
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike
Hotline Miami 2

Nuclear Throne if I'm on my PC. I used to play Ultimate NES Remix on the 3DS which was perfect for short sessions, but I 3 starred everything and never play it anymore.

toasty479

Neo Member
I used to play Persona 4 Golden every morning while drinking my coffee for about 15 to 20 minutes until I beat it recently. Now I drink irish coffee to fill the void it left in my heart

Nia

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, currently to try to get the Gold Kart. It takes less than thirty minutes for me to get pissed and stop playing.

Street Fighter V

Mystery Chronicles: One Way Heroics

Dariusburst Chronicle Saviors

The latter two I also have on Vita with cross-save and suspend/resume, so that helps too.

fernoca

Fighting games in general has been great to me in that aspect:

Played through all this week:
-PS4: Tekken 7, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, Injustice 2, King of Fighters XIV

-Xbox One: Killer Instinct, Virtua Fighter 5 FS, NeoGeo Battle Colosseum

-Wii U: Smash Bros, Tekken Tag 2, Injustice

-Vita: Dengeki Bunko, Street Fighter x Tekken, Mortal Kombat

kenta

Has no PEINS
Spelunky will forevermore be my short burst game. So easy to just hop in real quick and have some fun, and I know that the longest it will take me is about 45 minutes

I dont play alot of multiplayer games on my ps4 so when im playing that its usually for a couple hours at a time but right now its mario Kart 8 Deluxe i enjoy jsut hoping on and doing a couple online races a day.

Top Bottom