• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games would you like to see on a portable system?

Bradlums

Advance Wars for 3ds would be nice. I'd prefer if they went back to the cartoony style of Dual Strike rather than Days of Ruin though

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
My shortlist:

1) Demon's/Dark Souls Vita
2) inFAMOUS Vita
3) Tokyo Jungle Vita
4) Deus Ex Vita (either spin-off or port, doesn't matter)
5) Ni No Kuni Vita

I also wouldn't mind if the entirety of the PSN downloadable games catalog came to the Vita. Would love to play Dead Nation, Pixeljunk games (although Shooter could be problematic with all the liquid physics), Scott Pilgrim, etc, on the bus to work.

Only games I for sure want to always see on a portable, specifically 3ds, is every 2D game. Lord only knows what I would pay to see something like Mark of the Ninja in 3D.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Also, Folklore Vita. I think I'd actually physically hurt someone to get a new Folklore on any platform, actually, but Vita would be ideal for me, personally.

Yea. Demon's/Dark Souls on Vita would make my life complete.

I would also like to see a new fully sprited Castlevania on the Vita.

drspeedy

Skies of Arcadia. On 3DS.

6uPLwN9.jpg

Besides being the best RPG ever, 3D would look great in this game...

Skyzard

Banned
Someone mentioned Ikaruga, it's on Android (not sure about iOS)...but don't get it unless you are a ninja with touchscreen :p Quite pricey too.

Alien Hominid was released for GBA wasn't it?

I have it, thanks, it was an awesome game for GBA :)

But it's also super easy compared to the PS2/xbox version and iirc missing a lot too (not even graphics wise, it is missing like 5 levels..and the ones there aren't the same, like they are cut short, as well as missing other things). It's decent for a GBA game though.

The proper version would look so lush on Vita's screen and would be great to control with the d-pad.

SiDCrAzY

Vita:

Tales of Symphonia HD
Fat Princess(real one, not the psp one)
NFL Blitz

Probably others that I can't think of right now.

Edit: Oh yeah, Ni No Kuni Vita
Mutant League Football/Hockey HD?

Gadirok

My shortlist:

1) Demon's/Dark Souls Vita
2) inFAMOUS Vita
3) Tokyo Jungle Vita
4) Deus Ex Vita (either spin-off or port, doesn't matter)
5) Ni No Kuni Vita

I also wouldn't mind if the entirety of the PSN downloadable games catalog came to the Vita. Would love to play Dead Nation, Pixeljunk games (although Shooter could be problematic with all the liquid physics), Scott Pilgrim, etc, on the bus to work.

Great list of games, but instead of ports I would prefer original entries or spin offs that do well but that's just me.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Great list of games, but instead of ports I would prefer original entries or spin offs that do well but that's just me.

Yeah, original games are always preferred, but those are titles I want to specifically play on the go.

More stuff like Uncharted: Golden Abyss are certainly welcome as well.

Gadirok

Yeah, original games are always preferred, but those are titles I want to specifically play on the go.

More stuff like Uncharted: Golden Abyss are certainly welcome as well.

Also, I should have mentioned that Shooter (the first one atleast) works fine via remote play for me along with Monsters and Eden but since you mentioned you would prefer it on the go I agree.

At wifi hotspots though, just giving you the option.

I think porting the Pixeljunk games to the Vita would have been great. They seem perfect on the Vita.

Skyzard

Banned
Not only that. The possibility of getting rid of the HUDs and placing them on the second screen is one of the best things about DS/3DS.

I wish the Vita had a second screen through the accessory port. If only for maps. It can stick out like a tomtom on a car.

Saw fifa's huge map on the 3DS. Vita gets one the size of the consoles...don't know how anyone uses that thing.

I wish the Vita had a second screen through the accessory port. If only for maps. It can stick out like a tomtom on car.

Saw fifa's huge map on the 3DS. Vita gets one the size of the consoles...don't know how anyone uses that thing.

That would be the weirdest thing ever

Oersted

I wish the Vita had a second screen through the accessory port. If only for maps. It can stick out like a tomtom on car.

You should have tried the GBA version. Freaking lol^^

I want to see an action RPG of some kind that uses AR. It would be for the 3DS. It would involve not just killing stuff, but also have puzzles in 3D space. After seeing the AR cards that came with the system it always made me want more. A full fledged game revolving around AR would be pretty cool.

Oersted

They kept it the same in the vita version...but added transparency and lowered the contrast!

Actually, I think it's even smaller:

Really? Ouch. One of those things where you realise that the game wasn´t done with the console (how could it have been) in mind.

I want to see an action RPG of some kind that uses AR. It would be for the 3DS. It would involve not just killing stuff, but also have puzzles in 3D space. After seeing the AR cards that came with the system it always made me want more. A full fledged game revolving around AR would be pretty cool.

AR Chibi Robo. Talking about the obvious.

Chemo

Dragon's Dogma Vita would be dope as fuuuuuck.

Also, Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System HD Edition for Vita would be similarly ultrarad~

Wubby

Can I post iOS wishes as well? It's portable...

-Civ 5/4/2 heck I'd even take 2. The Civ Revolution that's available now is just too dumbed down and finishes too fast.
-Rollercoaster Tycoon 1/2. Isometric version for iOS.
-Marble Madness. The real Mark Cerny version. It's something I've wanted on iOS since I got my iPhone years ago.

Murkas

YuGiOh, for 3DS or Vita, I don't mind.

I don't think there has been a mention for a portable YuGiOh game for a while :(

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Also, I should have mentioned that Shooter (the first one atleast) works fine via remote play for me along with Monsters and Eden but since you mentioned you would prefer it on the go I agree.

At wifi hotspots though, just giving you the option.

I think porting the Pixeljunk games to the Vita would have been great. They seem perfect on the Vita.

Yeah, I've played those through remote play as well, but I'd prefer to be able to just boot them up at any time, without having to be connected to the internet.

Top Bottom