• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Happened in the World the Day You Were Born?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Thread title says it all. What interesting events (if any) occurred the day you were born? A great place to check this would be right here. In addition to events, was anybody famous born the same day as you? What were the hit movies and songs? What was the price of gas, etc.

For me, I was born on October 7, 1996 and happen to share the same birthday as Fox News of all things. In addition, the Nickelodeon show, Hey Arnold! premiered the same day.

But anyway, what about you?

Also, what famous people share your mother's maiden name? What did you name your first childhood pet after? And which celebrity shares a first name with your paternal grandfather?

Just playing a fun game. Nothing suspicious.

Sch1sm

February 22, 1995 - The Corona reconnaissance satellite program, in existence from 1959 to 1972, is declassified.

What even is this.

thebeeks

Banned
Bow Wow and I are both March 9 '87 babies.

We've been on the earth the same amount of time (give or take a handful of hours) so every year I like to check up on what he's up to.

He signed to a new label a few months ago, and I recently bought a nice 12-pack of socks.
I'd say we're both doing pretty alright.

I have some cool history events here and there. But nothing HUGE.

Except Vanilla Ice going to jail.

And Topsy the Elephant being electrocuted to death.

Myzer

HBO launches its programming, with the broadcast of the 1971 movie Sometimes a Great Notion, starring Paul Newman and Henry Fonda.

Gretchen Mol was born on the same day as me.

Acorn

96 and 95!? Fuck you nappy wearing youngsters.

Anyway may 1987, with or without you was no 1, Beverly hill cops 2 was box office no 1.

Not much else happened.

In before
471de69559512ff4f56b896ccedc6389.jpg

jb1234

I was born just a few months after Mt. St. Helens blew (an especially big deal in the Seattle area, where I was raised and still live). 1980.

Lunar15

An Ethiopian law student in Portland, Oregon was beaten to death by members of the Neo-Nazi group East Side White Pride.

Great.

donjezzy

October 30th - 1987 – In Japan, NEC releases the first 16-bit (fourth generation) video game console, the PC Engine, which is later sold in other markets under the name TurboGrafx-16.

Dicer

Banned
October 30th - 1987 – In Japan, NEC releases the first 16-bit (fourth generation) video game console, the PC Engine, which is later sold in other markets under the name TurboGrafx-16.

You were born under the sign of a god, embrace this...

Disxo

1998 Oct 23, In Turkey 5 Kurdish rebels burned themselves to death in loyalty to their leader Abdullah Ocalan, who was expelled from Syria.

Ah and they sequenced the genoma of a bacteria.

October 9 1980 - Pope John Paul II shakes hands with the Dalai Lama during a private audience in Vatican City.

Good enough, I guess.

KAP151

Top #10 songs in the USA

Peaches & Herb - Reunited
Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
Blondie - Heart Of Glass
Amii Stewart - Knock On Wood
Village People - In The Navy
Frank Mills - Music Box Dancer
Suzi Quatro - Stumblin' In
Wings - Goodnight Tonight
Chic - I Want Your Love

Some mighty fine tunes in there.

Nothing too exciting.

"German troops abandon Yaoundé and their Kamerun colony to British forces and begin the long march to Spanish Guinea."

"UEFA Cup match between FC Spartak Moscow and HFC Haarlem, 66 people are crushed to death in the Luzhniki disaster."

Damn...

February 14th 1981:

#1 Pop song: Celebration by Kool and the Gang
#1 Movie: My Bloody Valentine
Gallon of Gas: $1.30

-Stardust fire: A fire in a Dublin night club kills 48 people
- Birth: Matteo Bright, Italian Footballer
- Birth: Randy de Puniet, French motorcycle racer

A bunch of people died in a Discothèque, and some other people were born.

SLV

Indiana Jones and the last crusade premiered that day, Weird AL Yankovic recorded a soundtrack and something about baseball, I am content lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom