• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Happened in the World the Day You Were Born?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It legitimately weirds me out that there are people on here born after the mid 90's.

On my birthday of July 30, 1987, basically nothing of note happened, according to that website.

Acorn

It legitimately weirds me out that there are people on here born after the mid 90's.

On my birthday of July 30, 1987, basically nothing of note happened, according to that website.
Me too dude. I'm the same age as you, it's weird that there are adults born from years I vividly remember.

Askani

A famous salad maker named Julius got stabbed to death.

The first ever Cricket Test Match.

Liverpool F. C. was founded.

H. P. Lovecraft also died that day.

EDIT :::::

Oh, this isn't all history. Then nothing.

Orpheum

Alyson Hannigan was born...
and my parents showed me a newspaper headline "outrageous: 1L of Gas now 1 Mark"
which is hilarious considering the Gas prices in Germany now...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I was born on Star Wars day, the same year Return of the Jedi came out, so clearly I'm amazing.

Frimaire

On November 5, 1995, Chrétien and his wife escaped injury when André Dallaire, armed with a knife, broke in the Prime Minister's official residence at 24 Sussex Drive.
So apparently somebody tried to assassinate Jean Chrétien on the day I was born.

Dishwalla

Banned
Nothing of note apparently, skips right over my year. Osama Bin Laden was killed on my birthday in 2011 though, take that terrorists!

GamerJM

Banned
-In Portland, Oregon, Tonya Harding pleads guilty to conspiracy to hinder prosecution for trying to cover-up an attack on figure skating rival Nancy Kerrigan. She is fined $100,000 and banned from the sport.

-Moravcik forms Slovakia government.

rObit

Banned
Hmm, nothing in terms of events, but there was apparently a Belgian footballer who had a heart attack and died on the pitch last year who was born on the same day as me. Kind of makes me think about my own mortality a bit. Fun website...

pappe

Wow! JFK jr. was also born on 25th November. I didnt know that. cool stuff.

EDIT: So did Xabi Alonso! Fuck yes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom