• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What IP would you like to see Larian Studio's tackle next?

Larian seems to be one of the best free agents in the industry taking on IP they don't own...With BG3 being a genre defining game what other IP would you like to see Larian tackle? Would you like to see them stick with witches, warlocks and elves in a series like Dragon age, take it to space and do a mass effect type of game or continue on with DOS3. I'd love to see them do KOTOR 3 personally as their ability to create immersive stories is one of a kind.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Cabela's

FQbdHOd.jpg

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Larian seems to be one of the best free agents in the industry taking on IP they don't own...With BG3 being a genre defining game what other IP would you like to see Larian tackle? Would you like to see them stick with witches, warlocks and elves in a series like Dragon age, take it to space and do a mass effect type of game or continue on with DOS3. I'd love to see them do KOTOR 3 personally as their ability to create immersive stories is one of a kind.
A top down KOTOR would be pretty incredible.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
They did a great job in BG3 with the over the shoulder view too, I don't think it gets enough love with how tough it is to go from completely over the top borad game view, to an isometric down to over the shoulder.
That is pretty cool. I havent watched a ton of footage on it since Im probably not playing it for a few months. Forgot the camera had some flexibility.

Fbh

Kotor would be cool, or someone a few replies ago said Warhammer 40K which would also be nice.

I'd like to see them do something that isn't set in a somewhat generic Medieval Fantasy world.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Will probably be Divinity but my wish would be for another D&D game set in the Dark Sun campaign.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Guitar Hero reboot

Buggy Loop

Planescape Torment 2

Yes!

Or the Tides of Numenera franchise, was an incredible backdrop full of lore when inXile did it for Torment TON. Tons of potential they dropped from the kickstarter and ideas they cut to deliver, but that universe was dope as fuck.

When you read on Numenera’s layers upon layers, billions of years worth of civilizations piling on top of each others each with their own tech twist and that the current habitants have little to no clue how the relics were made.. brilliant potential

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

I started act 3 a while ago and so far i liked it so much that more Forgotten Realms stuff is all i want from them, but i definitely wouldnt mind Pathfinder or return to Divinity.

Would be nice if they make extra modules or brand new separate campaigns for bg3, but at that point they could pretty much make a whole new game.

Top Bottom