• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is a new hobby you got into recently?

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I was thinking about giving up writing. I don't really feel like I have any stories to tell. And frankly, when i try to have other people read my stuff, it's greeted with disinterest. So it's basically just masturbatory.

Johnny2Bad

I think I'll just stick to the hobbies I have. The last time I started a new hobby, it was RC Aircraft. What a money pit that was! It still leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm into playing my guitars. That's a whole other money pit but it always gives me pleasure and none of my gear ever gets broken.
masturbatory.
This brings me to my favorite hobby. :messenger_winking:

Muay Thai/kickboxing, it was not my first choice but we checked out Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for a free session 1.5 months ago and it didn't sit well with my daughter or son. So I have a sparring partner built right in, too bad he's kicking this old man's arse. It's an awesome experience with him, daughter initially wanted to participate but the BJJ and grown men grappling put her off so we moved on to kickboxing instead.

Full disclosure I've been arm wrestling my son on and off for years, never let him win and he just 0-2'd me last week with my full effort. The tide has shifted, I'm expecting sore legs and a black eye next.

Last edited:

SoloCamo

I wouldn’t really call it a hobby yet, but I spent the weekend getting my first garden ready. Currently sprouting plants so I can plant everything in early May.

Really looking forward to growing some fresh veggies.
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Top Bottom