• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is stopping Xbox from forcing all their studios to work on 1 AAA game each 3-6 months?

Bernoulli

M2 slut
EDIT:
“But the things I talked about in the conference were really both two-fold. One, how do we get more efficient? The stat I used was we’ve moved from being able to create stadiums from 6 months to 6 weeks. And my expectation is that will continue to shrink over time.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ea-c...rs-to-use-ai-to-speed-up-development.1670274/

Why aren't they putting every studio they have on 1 game and release it in 3-6 months that would fit game pass

This format isn't working well

rNyhXHG.png

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
ActiBlizz acquisition made them retards sadly. Soon their only games will be Cod of Doody. Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

Shit I mean XBoned Era MS put out Sunset Overdrive.

EDIT. /s just in case. I got cold feet

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
That would assume you can take most linearity out of game development and you know what they say about assumptions.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Because different studios use different tools and have their own projects to work on?

By that logic, why can't Sony pool all their first party projects and release TLoU Factions next month. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
How do you think a new Fallout is coming out so soon? Blizzard/Obsidian/Ninja Theory made it!

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Because different studios use different tools and have their own projects to work on?

By that logic, why can't Sony pool all their first party projects and release TLoU Factions next month. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Now that they are all owned by Microsoft they should move to one engine

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So you're asking why Microsoft doesn't just consolidate all of their studios together, so that the combined output of all of their game developers can knock out a game every 3 months?

Have you ever tried herding cats, OP?

Bernoulli

M2 slut
I don't think you understand how game development works.

It's taking Kojima 6 years to put out Death Stranding 2 using the same engine.
i do not but if they put a big team on each game it should help lower the dev time
i'm not saying release new IPs each time, but they can do short AAA games like miles morales in 6 months

bender

What time is it?
I don't think you understand how game development works.

It's taking Kojima 6 years to put out Death Stranding 2 using the same engine.

But if Guerilla was dedicated it would have taken them 3 years. If they added Insomniacs work force it would have taken 1.5 years. Throw in Naughty Dog and now you are down to 7.5 months. Add PD and you are just under 4 months. It's simple math.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
i do not but if they put a big team on each game it should help lower the dev time
i'm not saying release new IPs each time, but they can do short AAA games like miles morales in 6 months
It's like saying all movies studios band together and film one blockbuster every month. It doesn't work past a certain point.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
It's like saying all movies studios band together and film one blockbuster every month. It doesn't work past a certain point.
That's my point
Instead of movies they should start making a TV show, shorter to make and release episodes each 3 months on game pass

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
insomniac was releasing one game per year
Insomniac is a multi-team studio. The Miles Morales game took about 2 years to make, and that was largely built on top of the 2018 game. The 2018 games took at least 4 years to build from the ground up.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Star Citizen has been in development for 12 years, has over 600 devs, and they’ve burned through over half a billion dollars on it and the game is still trash.

Top Bottom