• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best cold cereal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex_

Banned
I rate cereal by 3 categories for it to be "best".
---------------------------------------

After milk crunch: How long after milk is added does it stay crunchy.
After milk Flavor: Does its taste hold up under the milk's pressure (
footsies, limbs etc
)

After Cereal milk flavor: Does the taste of the cereal fill the remaining milk with flavor?

bout to destroy some of this right now (strawberry)
because Im too lazy to cook breakfast
:

Tiny-Toast-FI.jpg

This will be my first time trying these. Will post my review later on. Probably. If I dont feel too lazy.

Anywho, what is GAF's favorite cold cereal?

***UPDATE: I just smashed this cereal. I am thinking I wont be able to review these honestly because I was so hungry. So I just scarfed it down rather than allowing my taste buds to adapt to them. Well,... shit.

compo

Banned
When I was a child, my favorite was easily Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Now in adulthood, I like store brand bran flakes. That sounds incredibly boring, but that kind of cereal is amazing. It has 100% daily value for like 20 vitamins, and only costs ~$2.50. Plus, it's a blank slate to add any fruit or anything else you want to it.

I rate cereal by 3 categories for it to be "best".
---------------------------------------

After milk crunch: How long after milk is added does it stay crunchy.
After milk Flavor: Does its taste hold up under the milk's pressure (
footsies, limbs etc
)

After Cereal milk flavor: Does the taste of the cereal fill the remaining milk with flavor?

bout to destroy some of this right now (strawberry)
because Im too lazy to cook breakfast
:

This will be my first time trying these. Will post my review later on. Probably. If I dont feel too lazy.

Anywho, what is GAF's favorite cold cereal?
1- Oatmeal Crisp - any flavor. Bottom of the bowl is just as crunchy and delicious.
2 &3 -Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Crunch Berries

Honorable mentions - frosted mini wheats, Reese's puffs, wheaties, Frosted Flakes.

Answer is obviously CoCo Pops. This isn't even subjective, it's an objective fact. It is by far the tastiest cereal around.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
The one true answer:

cinnamon%20toast%20cruch.jpg

It is too much sugar though, I basically never eat it any more even though I'm salivating over the thought of it right now.

emag

36592-joes-os-cereal.png

Joe's O's: much better texture than Cheerios, still just 1g of sugar per serving.

l55a96b2c13372.png

Uncle Sam is the runner-up. High protein, simple ingredients, just under 1g of sugar.

Clockwork

Special K Wild Berries

But I also like:

Crispix
Chex
Kix
Multigrain Cheerios
Raisin Brain
Life / Cinnamon Life
Kashi Heart to Heart Blueberry Clusters

Maybe I'm boring, but I love the staples:

Honey Nut Cheerios
Raisin Bran

But I'll sometimes deviate and go for Lucky Charms or Resse's Peanut Butter Puffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom