• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best cold cereal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffdraul

tumblr_inline_n1be438rSp1qb1pkp.jpg

Tastes like dog kibble if eaten plain. But if you let it sit in some ice cold milk for about 5 min. and add some sugar... food of the gods.

A_Dang

I have to add Raisin Nut Bran as another top tier cereal.

I'm definitely going to add a few boxes of cereal to my grocery list this week...

rainsten

Banned
I'm boring and hate sugar in the morning, so I'm a Wheaties man.

They stay crunchy for a good 5 minutes in milk, and are really filling
Just looking at The Greatest on that box would make me eat it. But thats clever advertising and doesnt mean anything lol

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Jesus, I scroll thru this whole thread and I don't see a god damned box of RBC? Give me a break, GAF.

RvUcO8y.jpg

But cereal and porrige ain't the same thing, it's like calling risotto and rise the same thing. It ain't.

haha, I didn't make up the definition, it's just an extension of cereal - which by definition is made from grain. People just took porridge type foods and called them hot cereal.

I just found out that grits is considered a hot cereal.

haha, I didn't make up the definition, it's just an extension of cereal - which by definition is made from grain. People just took porridge type foods and called them hot cereal.

I just found out that grits is considered a hot cereal.

Yeah okay, I just find it strange since there are seperate descriptions for it. My main language isn't english so that's probably why I don't get it. I'm just confused by the term, is it slang or a proper definition?

Yeah okay, I just find it strange since there are seperate descriptions for it. My main language isn't english so that's probably why I don't get it. I'm just confused by the term, is it slang or a proper definition?

I don't think it's slang. Most grocery stores around me have a section for hot cereal; It's really what they're labeled.

.JayZii

Banned
Honey Bunches of Oats for sure. Corn Pops, if I'm picking one of the more kids-focused cereals.

Anything with marshmallows is absolutely foul. Hard, squeaky styrofoam foes not belong in cereal.

Kashi Heart 2 Heart Blueberry Clusters. Amazing cereal. Don't eat cereal often because it's really just not good for you period, but that's the one I do grab on rare occasion.

Oddly Kashi has one of the worst cereals, at least for me:

JlCMG3k.png

Go Lean Crunch. I actually like the taste, but no substance in the world can produce the amount of painful gas and powerful farts like Kashi Go Lean Crunch does. I can rip paint-peeling farts for hours after a bowl of this stuff. Not just short and regular farts, talking big massive releases that sound like some eight year older holding the palm of their hand to their mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom