• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best flavor of M&M candy? What is the worst?

border

Classic (Milk Chocolate) -- a nice standby, but why would you want just chocolate when you can have something else inside?

Peanut / Dark Chocolate Peanut -- pretty good, has a really satisfying crunch

Peanut Butter -- big, fat candy bits filled to the brim with sweet delicious peanut butter. These put Reese's Pieces to shame. Love 'em

Almond -- truly the GOAT. Same amazing crunch as the peanut variety, but with a god-tier nut inside. This is the only almond candy where they don't skimp on the almonds (Yes, I'm looking at you Almond Joy).

Crispy -- Just kind of "ehhh". Contains little pieces of puffed rice (like Rice Crispies). They're not bad but I don't see the point when they have so many superior flavors out there. I have a theory that the could increase sales by 1000% of they just made these with Pop Rocks instead.

Coffee Nut -- if you're looking for a coffee+chocolate combo candy, this is pretty much your only option in the United States. I like them pretty well but don't see them sold in individual packages much. You usually have to buy them in the giant family size bags, and I don't want to make that kind of commitment to this flavor.

Pretzel -- fucking terrible. Absolutely disgusting. I say this as someone that absolutely loves chocolate-covered pretzels. These M&Ms are awful -- the center tastes like a malt ball covered in salt. They're entirely too stiff as well.....they have no give at all.....feels like you really have to chomp down on them.

Caramel -- kinda gross, but serviceable. I was expecting a delicious melty caramel center like they have in Caramello bars, but instead it's a really dry, really chewy caramel that does not go down easy. I think these things are a choking hazard.

Candy Corn -- just launched for Halloween. However you feel about candy corn is probably how you will feel about these. I'd argue that they are even worse than candy corn, because you can't jam them onto your incisors and pretend to be a vampire.

In short:

Best - Almond
Worst - Pretzel
Rare Season Flavors I Want To Try But Haven't Yet - Chilli Nut, Coconut, Pecan Pie

Best: Peanut

Worst:
hv334hofogzy.jpg

Lothars

Best is Peanut by a mile - My go to choclate bar.
Worst - Classic (Milk Chocolate) - Just not that good. I'd much rather have smarties or another choclate bar

nded

Coffee Nut -- if you're looking for a coffee+chocolate combo candy, this is pretty much your only option in the United States.

I see coffee flavored chocolates and chocolate covered coffee beans all the time in Seattle.

I've never had almond M&Ms but I'd probably like them as much as or more than Peanut M&Ms.

Pretzel M&Ms sound good in theory. Chocolate covered pretzels are dope but it's something about the candy shell that ruins pretzel M&Ms.

My favorite is coffee nut. 2 of my favorite things, peanuts and coffee, combined it's like heaven!

Least favorite is Almond simply because I don't enjoy almonds in the least.

There's also Strawberry Nut M&M's that were released earlier this year though no clue how long they will be available. I tried them a couple months ago and while I didn't love them I did taste the strawberry.

Hazmat

Best is peanut butter. I'm not a huge fan of Reese's Pieces, they're too sweet. This hit the right spot for me.

border

I see coffee flavored chocolates and chocolate covered coffee beans all the time in Seattle.

There are plenty of boutique candies that have coffee in them, but I'm talking about the sort of fare you would find at a gas station or the checkout line at your grocery store. If you're willing to buy those designer chocolate bars that cost like $5-7 each you get all kinds of crazy flavors.

jph139

Nah man, pretzel is the A++ of M&M flavors. Only problem is their relative density. I burn through the whole pack every time.

Woffls

wtf I was in M&M's World on Leicester Sq the other week and they had like three varieties to choose from. Ended up spending £12 on boring chocolate M&M's >_>

Pretzel is great. It looks like they're getting harder to find with this whole Caramel thing though. I'm going to be pissed if they get phased out.

Faiz

Original will always be best to me.

Pretzel -- fucking terrible. Absolutely disgusting. I say this as someone that absolutely loves chocolate-covered pretzels. These M&Ms are awful -- the center tastes like a malt ball covered in salt. They're entirely too stiff as well.....they have no give at all.....feels like you really have to chomp down on them.

Candy Corn -- just launched for Halloween. However you feel about candy corn is probably how you will feel about these. I'd argue that they are even worse than candy corn, because you can't jam them onto your incisors and pretend to be a vampire.

Pretzel. Agreed and I also love chocolate covered pretzels. It's a joke.

Candy Corn. Eh... I love candy corn and and can't stand candy corn m&ms because they don't really taste like candy corn.

I just googled "we're putting cum in m ms" and it turns out that there's a commercial where the Red M&M fucks a guy's wife while the Yellow M&M watches? Why have I not seen this?

image.php

OT: Best: Peanut butter
Worst: Peanut, but I'm not fond of any chocolate-covered peanuts anyway, so make what you will of that.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
The problem with M&Ms is not matter what type they are, the "chocolate" in them is absolutely disgusting garbage-tier corn syrup mixed with some sort of chocolate-flavored vegetable starch.

We only have the normal chocolate, peanut and crispy ones in the UK so would go with the normal chocolate ones as best and peanut as worst (i cant stand nuts)

Demoskinos

I saw White chocolate M&M's today in the store. Nearly got them to try them but they'd prob be just as nasty as regular M&M's. In short all M&M's are bad.

My favorite were their Peanut Butter & Jelly ones, which were a seasonal one-off. They were basically peanut butter M&Ms with a bit of strawberry flavor to them.

Regularly, my favorite flavor is just plain peanut butter.

My least favorite are the ones with nuts (peanut or almond) but that's only because I'm not the biggest fan of nuts in my chocolate. I'll still eat them though if they're around.

Steenbock

Neo Member
Best flavor out of the available ones: Peanut butter, with an honorable mention for either of the Dark Chocolate varieties.

Worst: Coffee Nut, though I'm probably biased because I loved the Honey Nut flavor.

Top Bottom