• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is this "gold" SNES controller? Just discoloration from age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who's been in the market for a SNES for an affordable price, seeing how this thread played out makes me sad and shed a tear.

As someone who's been in the market for a SNES for an affordable price, seeing how this thread played out makes me sad and shed a tear.

Try finding out that your precious childhood SNES controller that you've kept safe for over fifteen years is just some ancient ash tray and positively not special in any way. Other than in its ability to fool you, that is.

That said, to give this thread a happy ending, I will literally buy you a SNES.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why did you flush it...?

Well it seems you were in it for the money and it didn't really hold sentimental value for you.

It didn't really. It was definitely something I held onto because I thought it was special, not necessarily valuable, but special.

I have other things that mean a lot to me. This wasn't high on the list. Like I said, I ended up digging it out because I'm selling some stuff. When I realized it was just really advanced yellowing, I was pretty bummed. Not because it wasn't valuable, but because I went a really long time thinking it was unique.

The toilet thing was just a joke. Hopefully nobody believes I actually flushed the controller.

If anybody wants to buy a Mr. Potato Head or an eReader, let me know.

HUELEN10

You can blame the retardant for that. The flame retardant is what helps cause that, but nothing retrobrite can't fix.

Edit: retardant not retarded. Shit, I'm sorry; autocorrect sucks some times.

But you still threw it in your toilet!

It's not my toilet. What kind of creep do you think I am? As if I would have a beige toilet! Me! Finale Fireworker!

I threw it in my mom and dad's toilet before bidding them farewell forever, having evacuated what remains of my youth from their basement. I'm actually entirely normal and not weird at all.

Your attitude towards your parents doesn't seem that normal to me.

I'm kidding.

What in the FUCK happened to this thread

Z7Tc4eB.gif

HUELEN10

Thank you for preserving that first sentence for posterity. Updated my .txt.
You have a manifesto for NeoGAF posts? That's quite disturbing.

Equally disturbing is the fact that the controller was put in the toilet instead of being restored

Previous

check out my new Swatch
I don't understand this at all.
Why throw an otherwise perfectly good controller in the toilet?

Well, that solves that mystery!

Thanks everyone who helped. I obviously suspected it was the bromine, but wasn't sure how to know for sure. It's good to be certain.

did you make this thread just to do this? eh, I dunno man this seems a bit much and forced.

not really clever or cool but it is something. I won't really ask why, I think I know I guess.

Commo

Banned

Seriously. This thread got stupid. We gave Finale Fireworker an explanation as to what happened to the controller and how to fix it, he decides that it has tuberculosis and it needs to be flushed down his parents' toilet.

did you make this thread just to do this? eh, I dunno man this seems a bit much and forced.

not really clever or cool but it is something. I won't really ask why, I think I know I guess.

Seriously. This thread got stupid. We gave Finale Fireworker an explanation as to what happened to the controller and how to fix it, he decides that it has tuberculosis and it needs to be flushed down his parents' toilet.

I was just going to throw it away. I thought it would be funny, so I went the extra mile to try to get some laughs. I didn't realize it would appear insensitive.

The thread was not made for a joke, the OP was legitimate, but thought it would be funny to end it with the picture. That's really all it is. I guess I spend too much time on Weird Twitter.

I wasn't interested in fixing it, just figuring out what it was. I am grateful for the input I got and intended the joke as a reward for the people who helped me out.

I seriously just thought it would be a funny way to end the thread for something I was going to throw out anyway.

If I had known it would be so controversial, I wouldn't have posted it. I was just going to take a picture of it in the trash, but thought the toilet would get more laughs. I apparently misjudged.

maybe a lot of folks here won't find it funny but some will

but maybe a lot of people just find it a little gross on the real side cause it is a place you simply don't wan to put anything in that you need to take out.

I mean for me, I do not want to put anything in the shiter take a photo and have to take t out. I'll do some crazy stuff though and it's not technically that dirty but yeah I still don't want to have to deal with a wet dripping controller from the toilet is all .

Should just go the extra mile now and show a photo of you biting it

Plus keep in mind that toilets are always dirty, will see pubes an piss stains on the area behind the lid

ekgrey

Nah man, you're good in my book. I thought it was funny. It's not like SNES controllers are rare or anything.

sfedai0

Banned
OP either has a strange sense of humor or some unresolved issues. Why would you throw a perfectly fine controller in a toilet? This isnt some useless everyday item. They dont even make these controllers anymore.

Commo

Banned
Why would you just throw it away? The least you could have done is traded it in to your local retro game store for a few bucks. SNES controllers are no longer cheap like they used to be because of the thousands of other people who thought the same thing and just chucked them.

It's not like SNES controllers are rare or anything.

That's the problem, because of the fact most people think that way, more and more of them are just being tossed and eBay prices for legitimate non-counterfeit SNES controllers are going up.

maybe a lot of folks here won't find it funny but some will

but maybe a lot of people just find it a little gross on the real side cause it is a place you simply don't wan to put anything in that you need to take out.

I mean for me, I do not want to put anything in the shiter take a photo and have to take t out. I'll do some crazy stuff though and it's not technically that dirty but yeah I still don't want to have to deal with a wet dripping controller from the toilet is all .

Should just go the extra mile now and show a photo of you biting it

Plus keep in mind that toilets are always dirty, will see pubes an piss stains on the area behind the lid

:( I get it. You didnt think it was funny. I was going for something like this:

But I guess it didn't land because my parents' bathroom is real (with the exception of the stuff I added like the toilet paper on the plunger and the overstuffed trash can) and the basement picture is not.

Sorry everyone.

I will make this right and restore the controller.

Krejlooc

Banned
OP either has a strange sense of humor or some unresolved issues. Why would you throw a perfectly fine controller in a toilet? This isnt some useless everyday item. They dont even make these controllers anymore.

Actually, several companies manufacture SNES controllers still, even using the original plastic molding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom