• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your personal comfort food game?

What games do you find you can just jump into to at any time when you're bored? Where you can just turn your brain off and have fun.

My top two picks for this currently would be Splitgate and Smite. They arent even really my favourites but you can easily kill hours just casually fucking around playing some matches online and they're pretty fun. I have always preferred to play fighting games online but I take them a lot more seriously(in terms of rank, training, etc), they require a lot more mental investment not really the type of games I play casually just to unwind.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Don't usually eat when gaming but when theres a ton of cinematics/cutscenes I guess peanuts in paprika crust.

11231695-Peanuts-with-a-spicy-paprika-coating.jpg

Nydius

Mass Effect Trilogy
Any of the Street Fighter games from the 90's (Offline mode, ofc; God bless the 30th Anniversary Collection).
Arcade racers, generally but currently Forza Horizon 4 or 5.
Tetris Effect
Diablo 3 (Switch, if I'm out of the house)

These are all games I can turn on and just turn my brain off with. Mass Effect mostly because I've played it so many times that I know what's going to happen. I swear if they had ported the ME3 multiplayer with the Legendary Edition, I'd still hop into that regularly.

Last edited:

Crayon

Usually a non-active fighting game alone. Either practice mode in one I know well or arcade mode in one I don't. That or gran turismo.

violence

It used to be CounterStrike. Now it's whatever the current battlefield is. 2042 is great imo. Rocket League is turning into that kind of game too.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Easily Mario 64. I’ve beaten that game well over 1000, maybe 2000 times. Though a vast, vast majority are 16-star runs. Not exactly speedrunning the game, but basically getting 15 stars of my choosing, then beating Bowser with Mips clip and BLJs.

I used to beat that game every morning in college just to help wake me up. Then I’d play through it again before falling asleep. I have never, and presumably will never, get tired of playing it.

I even became the second person in the world to beat it using a drum kit as a controller about a month ago. It was so much fun. Damn I love that game.

My boy.
YEyhChi.jpg

Edmund

Street Fighter 6 and eventually Tekken 8. I'm lucky to have so many friends who love fighting games as well and I can hop on to discord with them and talk and play together.

Stratostar

Batman Arkham and Donkey Kong Country games come to mind.
Started my yearly playthrough of Arkham Origins and Tropical Freeze this month, such cozy games to play.

Trunx81

International Karate Advance (GBA)

Captures the gameplay of the original. And after a while not playing, you got the learning curve again, like playing it for the first time.

Homm3, Battle Bros, Civ5, Dead Cells, Brotato, Vagante, Cities Skylines 1 or 2, Dredge , Vampire Survivors, Sacred 2, Splinter cell , Quake 1 and 2.
Probably more but these are what I think of off hand. A mix of old classics and new games.

Last edited:
PS360 Generation
Castle Crashers
Geometry Wars
Super Stardust HD

PSSnoreBone Generation
Resogun
Peggle 2
Cuphead

Current Gen ain’t got nothing worth replaying Yet.

Top Bottom