• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What made you go PC only? Not a PC master race thread šŸ˜œ

Ain't none of you fake pc master race gamers got an original, working 3DFX VOODOO DIAMOND MONSTER ON A THE GREAT PYRAMID OF GIZA.
I am the authority here!
suwidgj.jpeg

That's not enough?
I have a 4 MEGABYTES s3 virge too. you are not topping that one.
bcV05rw.jpeg

That ain't doing it for games nowadays?
Put the SLOT-IN PENTIUM 2 DOWN YOUR THROAT
rbxUx9W.jpeg

Ok jokes aside, I would need to bring the pcs out of the basement... It's been 3 years since I took em out, who know it any of that still works. I have 3.5 working computers like this and ton of spare parts.
I really went hard 3-4 years ago tracking everything down and reassembling.
I am not saying the pc gaming was better back then but I was a kid and it was magical. Nowadays you know what I like. Just wanted to chime in with the classics here
/bows

Rofif-sama.. I yield.

I was legit too poor for Voodoo, I was so jelly of the people with GPUs.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
always had both PC and consoles. PC has had it up and down years. I remember at one time during the voodoo years there was all the sega games, FF7, and metal gear. tha was a fun time to be into pc gaming.
Not sure if you were trying to be ironic but that was my very favorite tine for PC gaming. Quake 2 online MP - it was sublime.

I grew up on the SNES, I remember playing Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country. Eventually I'd get a N64 and experience my first Zelda titles, Mario 64, Starfox 64. Then came the Gamecube. I was so upset b/c my particular machine died early on and I only got to experience Luigi's Mansion and bits of Mario Sunshine, there was also that odd Starfox game where you were out of the plane. Then I got a PS2, I remember geeking over the Metal Gear Solid games, I remember asking my mom to please, please, please and go buy MGS3 day 1 for me. <3 thanks mum. I remember thinking frame rate dips were deliberate to add to the COOL FACTOR.

Then...after my PS2, I went to community college, got more serious about my education in general, then after college, built my first PC. My college dorm buddy had a PS3 so I got to play a few of those titles. I remember playing the multiplayer of Uncharted 2 a lot, and God of War 3.

When I built my PC I wanted to play all of the "PC Classics" I had missed out out: Fallout 1, System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Thief, etc.

Since then, I haven't owned a console. And frankly I may never will. I've only had 2 gaming PCs, the first with the 670gtx and my 2nd with the 1080gtx. I'm thinking of getting my 3rd build next year 2025 when the nvidia 5 series comes out.
The GTX 1080 is still going strong, what a great card. I got a 1080ti I routinely use and it plays everything well still. I'll be getting a 50 series card too, should be a big ass jump.

DanielG165

Thereā€™s just so much freedom and choice on PC. Want to set your machine up to be a glorified console hooked up to your TV? Do it. Want to tinker more? Go for it. Wanna emulate hundreds of games? Go nuts. Want to do actual work, and have genuine utility? Do it.

Iā€™ve never really understood the notion of not wanting to come home and play games on a PC, because youā€™ve been using one at work all day. You can absolutely set up your gaming PC to be as lax and plug and play as possible. Consoles are great, especially the latest ones, but PC offers a level of flexibility that the former simply canā€™t match. That, and not having to pay for online. I already paid for my internet; I donā€™t want to then have to pay to play with other people.

Buggy Loop

I still have a switch that is gathering dust, so not 100%. I regret buying the likes of Octopath traveller and SMT5 on it when goddamnit they were announced for PC eventually. So I don't buy anything else than Nintendo games on the thing now.

I have long experience with PCs. Had a commodore 64 to learn to program on in primary school and had a 386 33Mhz (!) at home. I had consoles back then though.

Upgraded PC always until like maybe 2006 ish where I switched to gaming laptop because of space reasons. I went balls deep in 360 + Wii back then. They announced eventually Xbox one which back then would mean all my digital purchases would not be BC. I said fuck this shit.

But I was still buying and playing games on PC in that time even on laptop.

Consoles : Sega master system ā†’ SNES ā†’ Playstation / N64 ā†’ PS2 / Gamecube / Xbox ā†’ 360 / Wii ā†’ Wii U ā†’ Switch ā†’ ? probably last

PC : It's too fuzzy to remember all upgrades, but from 386 to 486 for sure, then I believe AMD K6. ATI mach series 2D first, then added Voodoo Banshee, then I think it was ATI? then the laptop GPU was Nvidia, then back to desktop with AMD R9 280X that lasted me a fucking long time, then to small form factor with first Ryzen + 1060 in console form factor for couch gaming. Then This rig which was 5600x + 3060 initially during covid misery to 5800X3D + 3080 Ti.

Why PC
  • Flight sims / space sims.
    • I'm old OK? I loved the Jane's flight sims back then, with wing commander, X-wint, TIE fighter, Freespace, etc. Still enjoy the genre immensely and I'm a tad too invested in DCS with head tracking + HOTAS to ever stop the genre.
  • Mouse and keyboard
    • FPS because duh
    • cRPGs
    • Strategy games. Just much more strategy diversity throughout the decades on PC and they play better.
  • Flexibility of peripherals
    • Want 1, 2, 3 monitors? 6? 60Hz to >300? 1080p, 8K? Ultrawide 21:9, 32:9? You can!
    • Controller? Anything works!
    • Eye watering expensive racing / flight rigs that you'll never tell your wife how much it really costed? You can!
    • RGB? No RGB? You can! Side window to show off, or stealth build that looks like nothing? You can! WOW much flexible. You control the aethetics! You can also find keyboards and mouses that fit your style. Tired of it? You can change!
  • MMOs
    • I mean, can't say this was not hugely influencial on me, started with EverQuest, it blew my fucking mind back then
    • FFXI after
    • World of Warcraft, Still doesn't compute to me that in this period of time, peoples were not playing this.
  • MODS.
    • STALKER, Fallout New vegas broken? Modders fix it.
    • 19 years old rally racing sim like Richards burn rally? Modders bring it to modern QOL with triple monitor, sim rigs and VR
    • Falcon 4.0 1998? Fans not only upgrade the QOL like the above, they implement full study sim F15 in it.
    • I was there when Counter-strike was a mod
    • I was there when Team Fortress was a mod (of Quake)
    • I was there when DOTA was a Warcraft 3 mod
    • I was there when DayZ was an ARMA mod
  • Infinite backward compatibility. Again either devs give wide range of support that last through time or modders eventually up the res for you with ultrawide, etc.
  • Lower prices, no online fees
  • Emulators
  • VR. Half Life Alyx is still the best goddamn experience I've had in gaming in the past decade. No exageration.
  • Good DAC/AMP with amazing pair of headphones for music listening. It's almost a must for audiophiles. Even peoples with crazy $100k systems will still use PC as sources.
  • Music recording and mixing for my own fun, although I had not much time with kids
  • Sony & Microsoft are coming to it now. Why bother with consoles anymore? I'm a patient man with a huge backlog. If it take years, it'll take years.
  • It used to be only for gaming but now the setup also serves for work
  • I would say power but that only true for a few times in my long history of PC. I was more mid range and stretched them for long periods of time. That's ALSO part of the beauty of PC, I'm not shoved off a fucking rig because a new "gen" is out, can't recall any time in my PC gaming life where It would say I can't play a game, I could lower graphics to acceptable levels and still find acceptable performances. My R9 280x for example was in service up to last year, not from me but because I gave it to my brother in law. He was playing Rainbow 6 Sieges online every days. Scalability :messenger_ok:
Cbs Omg GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I love PC

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
The power. Wanting to play The Witcher 3 at 60fps 1080p with High settings gave me the push. Started craving more and more power after that.

Last edited:
Since I play on a laptop, I'm probably disqualified from joining the master race. Still, my laptop is probably stronger than 90% of gaming desktops. I live in a relatively small space and I spend about 3 out 12 months traveling so I prefer to have something a bit more compact and portable. I pretty much gave up on consoles because I don't have a couch setup anymore and it's not really something I can take during trips. There's also something really comfy about using a laptop while lazing around in bed that no couch or gaming chair will ever match.

Orenji Neko

computer since MSX 1984怂
also PC88 va later怂
father had X68000怂loved it怂he still have i think stored怂he made good money after military it was major buy for him怂he was american soldier and mother japanese怂he love technology怂
we always have console too怂famicom superfc pcengine megadrive and playstation怂i carry his gift to me and my children have all thing too怂we have 5 PC 5 switch and a PS5怂still have my old console machines too怂
2tIsT65.jpeg

my childhood FF2 3 5怂got wsc in my 20s怂
qjJLbNi.jpeg

sfc still work but no need with emulator怂thanks to PC怂love the options怂

Last edited:

Kabelly

Being able to play every single game that requires shooting with a controller with gyro aim. Console devs are too slow to implement it and it's usually not even close to the standard that steam input has. Frames are higher and graphics look way more crisp. I was so close to buying a PS5 just for Stellar Blade but I'll wait to play it in it's best form. Plus the endless amount of backlog games I have from previous generations I never got the play, especially on the Xbox side since I never owned one.

MikeM

Now iā€™m about 90% PC 10% PS5.

Before my 7600x/7900xt build, I dabbled with a 5600/6700xt build. I was out of PC and console only ever since my 6600gt PC.

After investing in my upgrades and running games at max or near max settings with a bit of upscaling, it makes it hard to go back to console. FFVII Remakeā€™s perf mode really slapped me as to why PC is superior if you have the dollars for it. Now im replaying Sony games that I loved and got plats for on PC on max settings on my OLED and manā€¦ what a treat.

That, and my PS Plus expired. $95+ tax CAD for MP and cloud saves adds up to $642 over 6 years which is significant for something you get for nothing on PC.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Phil Spencer. The genius made every game a day one PC title and since i already had a 2080, i was sure to get identical performance as an XSX in most games without RT and way better performance in RT games. I spent the $500 towards upgrading my PC instead.

I will never go PC only because sony is still making PS5 exclusives and im not waiting 1-2 years to play them. i honestly cant imagine waiting 1-2 years for Rockstar to port GTA6. Thats fucking insane. same goes for GOW Ragnorak, Spiderman 2 and other big games like FF7. Im a gamer first, i have no allegiances.

The day they go PC day one would be the day i go pc only.

Rubicaant

Originally because that's where the games i like were, or were better on pc. MMOs, more tactical FPS, top down rpgs. i've stuck with PC because i much prefer sitting at my desk, dont have to take up a TV, and just having all my stuff on a desk in front of me is way more convenient than being spread out on a couch. My own personal area.

Three

Ain't none of you fake pc master race gamers got an original, working 3DFX VOODOO DIAMOND MONSTER ON A THE GREAT PYRAMID OF GIZA.
I am the authority here!
suwidgj.jpeg

That's not enough?
I have a 4 MEGABYTES s3 virge too. you are not topping that one.
bcV05rw.jpeg

That ain't doing it for games nowadays?
Put the SLOT-IN PENTIUM 2 DOWN YOUR THROAT
rbxUx9W.jpeg

Ok jokes aside, I would need to bring the pcs out of the basement... It's been 3 years since I took em out, who know it any of that still works. I have 3.5 working computers like this and ton of spare parts.
I really went hard 3-4 years ago tracking everything down and reassembling.
I am not saying the pc gaming was better back then but I was a kid and it was magical.
Not quiet as badass as you as I dont have the pyramid of Giza but I've kept my old working cards too:

The first ever nvidia Geforce "GPU" from 1999, the SGRAM variant:

20240425-023614.jpg

Geforce 2:
20240425-023659.jpg

Geforce 4 TI4600
20240425-023845.jpg

Remember sound cards? Had all the sound blasters too
20240425-024111.jpg

Had that slot-in Pentium too but the mobos and cases are all in the attic.

Nowadays you know what I like. Just wanted to chime in with the classics here

Same as you I mostly play console now (PS5) but keep my PC fairly updated for work and other games.

Last edited:

badblue

I had been gaming on console and PC most of my life. Then after moving my PC died. I still had my consoles so I didn't feel the need to get anything super powerful and got a midrange laptop. After a few years I had gotten into welding as a career and I was frequently working out of work camp. The internet was shit and (at the time) TV's in the rooms were a "bring your own" deal.

Ended up gaming on my laptop because I didn't also want to haul in a TV and console and there wasn't much else to do except drink in camp (they've since made all the camp's dry but do provide half decent internet service and a shit TV).

I was making good money at those jobs, so I bought a gaming laptop for on the go and built a top of the line system for at home. I've been alternating GPU and CPU upgrades as needed since.

I thought about getting a console (ps5) recently but I don't think one would suit me anymore. I prefer indies over the AAA titles (mostly) plus these days with game pass and more of Sony's titles I have access too, it seems like it would be a better use of money upgrade my PC or buying a Steam Deck.

Laptop1991

I moved from the Commodore Amiga to PC back in 1995 due to the better games being released on PC and the tech advances, and i've been a PC only gamer ever since.

Last edited:

rofif

Canā€™t Git Gud
Not quiet as badass as you as I dont have the pyramid of Giza but I've kept my old working cards too:

The first ever nvidia Geforce "GPU" from 1999, the SGRAM variant:

20240425-023614.jpg

Geforce 2:
20240425-023659.jpg

Geforce 4 TI4600
20240425-023845.jpg

Remember sound cards? Had all the sound blasters too
20240425-024111.jpg

Had that slot-in Pentium too but the mobos and cases are all in the attic.

Same as you I mostly play console now (PS5) but keep my PC fairly updated for work and other games.
Nice! I have GeForce 2 here somewhere also. It was so fast

Sakura

Playstation and Xbox games come to PC now so I just don't really have any reason to get a console anymore. Except Nintendo, I will still get a Switch 2.

RickSanchez

For me, i started out gaming on a PC when i was a little kid because of cost reasons. It sounds counter-intuitive i know, but hear me out.

In the 90s, most middle-class households, especially in developing countries did not have the finances to afford a dedicated gaming system like an Atari or a SNES or a Sega or a PS1. But, many households did have a PC of some sort which served as much more than a gaming machine, especially if your parents worked in software, which mine did. Gaming was just one of the many things the kids could do on it when the parents were not using it for work. And, back then, you did not need a super-powerful build to play most lightweight games which ran on DOS even, did not even need windows.

And once you start out with a particular system, you build familiarity over time and you stick to it. So i have been a PC gamer ever since. And till as late as 2009, it was the same way i.e i had a computer for computing reasons, and gaming was one of the things i did on it. Only in 2009 did i buy my first powerful laptop, with gaming as a specific use-case in mind.

But if you ask me today why i'm still a PC man, then several reasons:
  • You get everything on PC eventually, including Xbox and PS exclusives. Even Nintendo, if you know how to emulate
  • You can mod, hack, cheat, tinker and otherwise do anything you can to your installed copy of the game, that kind of freedom to tinker is hard to put into words till you experience it yourself
  • Game preservation, either in terms of legal DRM-free copies or pirated copies, is a thing only on PCs for now. On PC you can play 20-25 year old games like the Half Life series, as far as i know that is not possible on consoles
  • Every 6-7 years i can afford to splurge on the best hardware. Got a 1080Ti in 2017, upgraded to a 4090 last year, now will upgrade again in 2030 to whatever is the best at the time

Last edited:
People talking about plastic box choices here like it's some immutable trait like skin color or bode height, jesus. I'd bet most users on here change their picks for gaming platforms from time to time, I surely do. That being said I'm 100% PC right now, but more because I hate the way consoles have become and less because I'm huge fan of PC gaming.
Some reasons:
  • Paid online
  • Ever increasing game prices
  • Physical not being the same as it used to be, loudness of disc drives
  • Walled garden ecosystem with no alternatives or god forbid competition
  • Ease of use completely gone out the window since PS3 gen
  • Censorship has a much stronger presence in these walled gardens
  • Planned obsolescense (stick drift and whatever)
  • it goes on and on and on ...

SHA

Emulators emulators emulators

I LOVE THIS COMPANY!
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Soodanim

After PS3 and Wii U:
-Never been a fan of Xbox controller, so no One/Series
-Switch was too underpowered for my liking
-Never cared enough for PS4
-Paid online was a factor on principle alone even though I'd rarely use it

I might still get a PS5. Performance modes alone are huge for me.

Klosshufvud

The PC platform means your entertainment is not being kept hostage by a singular corporation. I feel repulsed by all the monetization and shameless money grabbing console locked players have to endure. Less choice, less quality, higher prices, locked down OS's, expensive peripherials and shoddy backwards compatibility. I have no idea why a functional adult with even the slightest interest in gaming would not just build a PC. It can't be price since PS5/Series cost even more now than they did at launch.

Griffon

Consoles now feel like shitty proprietary PCs with a barebone OS and an awful online shop. The games are more expensive and you have to pay a sub to play online, so it's not even that cheap compared to a midrange rig.

While I am interest in the Final Fantasy games and Stellar Blade, I'm at a point where I'm okay with waiting rather than have a subpar experience.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Mom didn't want to buy me consoles (well, she couldn't afford them easily anyway) because of some far family member leaving school by gaming addiction, but she let me use the computer as much as I wanted to (I know, I know), so I got used to PC gaming.

When I could finally afford my stuff, I first got a GPU, but I got into stupid situations of devs making game pick language solely based on system region which sucked hard, so I learned to solve it by replacing game files... Then I realized I would be completely fucked on consoles due to the impossibility to do this without hacking them (and I'm not hacking a expensive device and risk my account get banned or loose online features), so decided to not get consoles at all, only Nintendo consoles.

Even then, I'll first make sure all my Japanese games have Japanese VA or I won't buy them.

Yes, that alone and the fact I was too used to PC was enough for me to ditch consoles. These days I know most games have proper language select menus, but I got used to 60+ fps due to Nintendo games mostly being 60 fps and to play on PC, so I'll sacrifice graphical features and resolution to make the game look good in motion, not giving that away ever.

PC is basically all I need, consoles can't fill that space, not even Nintendo, they have another space for them alone in my heart.I think on getting consoles but mostly for stuff I can't get on PC like classic Sony games, most entries on PC are the latest ones and I like playing stuff in release order, or to use as online gaming machine just to avoid kernel level Anti-cheat, but that's it.

Last edited:

KiteGr

What pushes me towards PC gaming:
  • The rise of Subscription cost on PSplus.
  • Steam Deck and it's ease of running games.
  • Steam and it's ease of access to games, tools, interface, prices, community and ease of running them.
  • Keysites, and the availability of cheap games.
  • The industry leaning away from physical games. If I am to give up and go digital, I might as well go for the best Digital store.
  • Emulation, and the eventual availability of all console games.
  • General lack of puritanism, where sex, nudity and touchy subgects aren't frowned upon.
  • Modding, and the ability to fix, decensore, fantranslate, and generally improve games.
  • Online and cloudsaving is free.

What pushes me away from PC gaming:
  • Cheaters and Scammers. With an open enviroments comes in the scummbags, the online portion can easily be ruined without excesive oversight.
  • The high cost of a Good Rig. With the exeption of Valve, nobody sells hardware at a loss.
  • The ocaisonal tweaking of settings required. Not all games run properly right out of the gate. Knowledge is required of what each weirdly named graphic setting does. To the uninitiated they are not as obvious as you think.
  • The fact that it must stay on my desk/study. It's harder to game on my 65" TV from my sofa.
  • Gabes Mortality. His Steam and mentality of putting the gamer first saved PC gaming by making it more apealing than piracy. What would happen once he leaves us and some investor backed CEO takes over Steam?!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Crossplay.

The only reason I had consoles when it really boils down to it, was to play with friends who all had/have consoles.

With crossplay I have no reason to own a console.
Sure some games take longer than others to get ported, but its not like im missing anything the only ports im waiting on are single player games.
I aint missing any of the meta.

Can I hold out on GTA6?
Probably I didnt buy GTA5 until the nextgen version came out.

I like PC because you can do next-gen whenever you want. Just upgrade a GPU.
But still - games is all that matters and PC is great in that regard for past 10 years. Gaming library is incredible and you have VR support.

Cyberpunkd

I'm 90% Steam Deck, 10% PS5 at this point.

Paid online and cloud saves - fuck that.

My favorite genre of games - wRPGs / cRPGs - originated on PC and it is there where all the classic are

I do not have time to sit in front of the computer, which leaves me only with Steam Deck or other portable PC as a solution.

DonkeyPunchJr

Worldā€™s Biggest Weeb
In the 90s it was because I liked RTS and FPS games, and playing 32-player deathmatch with mouse/keyboard made Goldeneye seem like a little kidā€™s toy in comparison.

As a poor college kid, it was for emulation + playing this treasure trove of fan-translated JRPGs

In the 360 era it was because we had all these games that felt like they asked way too much from the hardware, while running buttery smooth on a good PC (especially Unreal Engine games + Bethesda games). Plus mods

Nowadays itā€™s all of the above + I just love building PCs, and I have a good career where I can afford to build a kickass rig and max the shit out of everything. Plus just about everything comes to PC now, and Steam Deck has my portable gaming covered.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Pretty much better graphics, more FPS, free multiplayer, and way cheaper games. I used to be a console guy because I like physical games, but when they started ruining that, I feel like my digital games are a lot safer on PC/Steam.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

1. Mods. This is the number one reason by far. I've gotten hundreds of extra hours of gameplay on just the Souls games alone because of the insane modding community. No mods on console really makes it feel archaic in comparison. You're just stuck with the vanilla game.

2. Guaranteed 60+ FPS. I can't stand 30 fps on my OLED. Even if a game isn't optimized, I can make tweaks to dozens of graphics parameters and with console you're just stuck with your cheap closed box.

3. Indy games. Early access games. Last Epoch, No Rest for the Wicked and hundreds of other good games that I would be missing out on if I was console only.

Mithos

I'm not PC only, but have for a while not used my consoles (PS4pro), plus newer consoles are to expensive to buy.

Mods are one reason to go with PC.

Enderal SE (Vanilla character, no mods at all)
8xTyICC.jpeg

Enderal SE (with many mods + ENB)
VM4OnMV.jpeg

Enderal SE (posing and effects)
IGnUABF.jpeg

Last edited:
1. Nostalgia
I grew up with Pc's. Our first PC was back in the late 80's and I have fond memories of that period.

2. Freedom of tinkering
I love trying to sqeeuze every last drop of performance out of my system. Being OC'ing, fucking around with voltages/ clocks or plain simple gimping Windows to it's barebones features. Also I can disable certain graphical setting which don't impact fidelity as much, but gives me a performance boost.

3. Shaders/ ReShade
Self explanatory I think

4. Modding
Goes without saying

5. Multiple storefronts so I can always find the best deal and Im not limited to 1 corporate store.

6. NATIVE resolution. No pixelsoup for me.

7. Modular upgrades.
I can choose what I want to upgrade. I don't have to buy a Pro version of anything. CPU heavy games causing a bottleneck? Ill swap it out with a used newer version for a small amount of money. Same goes for RAM and GPU.

I tried to go PC only over the past few years. Two things stopped me. First, I encountered too many instances of stuttering. Second, I had a steam refund denied multiple times despite it being a valid request. These confirmed that I will stick with consoles and discs.

I'm 90% PC only at this point and only play my PS5 when there's an exclusive I want to play or a bit of VR.

The reason is mostly because of game preservation and modding. Most older games are easier to access and even much older online games are still active. I was playing UT2004 the other day which was fun and just not possible anywhere else.

I also love the fact that my entire library on Steam is accessible through Steam Deck and can take that with me wherever I go.

I'll be leaving console gaming behind after the PS5. The only exception will be Nintendo consoles if my kids want to play and even then I'll likely point them towards PC gaming so that they can play older titles (which are arguably so much better than most newer games).

Pejo

• Single platform for pretty much any game
  • Performance options
  • Future PC compatible no question
  • Community fixes/fan translation patches
  • Emulation
  • Mods
  • Can do many other things with it than just gaming
  • Can build it yourself to have that satisfaction if you want it
  • Cheap games
  • Alt Tab

RoboFu

One of the green rats
IBM Pc wasn't always fun and games. Mid 80s Tandy's made the nes look like a ps5. šŸ¤£

Who here has had the luxury of playing this gem?

8617f99ee3eefa0f-600x338.png

Last edited:

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
For me (no particular order):

1. Full control over my machine. You can't change shit about consoles. I won't subject myself to some default flow, if I have customization options to improve life for myself.

2. Modding. So many games are so, so, so, so much worse without mods its not even funny.

3. More games. Aka more games that I care about. I don't give a fuck about most AAA and most smaller games that I do care about are not on console.

4. Keyboard & Mouse. I get a friggin brain tumor from having to navigate controller-centric interfaces. Shit takes forever. Typing?! How can anyone live like that? smh....

5. Games are so much cheaper. When you play as many games as I do, the additional cost of a more expensive rig is made up for in a year or two (and I upgrade my rig maybe every 3 years or less). At the same time, I want to actually "own" games and support developers, so stuff like gamepass is out of the question for me.

6. Multitasking. I rarely only play a game. I might also handle communications, watch streams, YouTube, some work stuff, etc. on the side at the same time.

7. Flexibility. A console has a very limited skillset. My PC I use for basically anything that isn't a physical activity.

I still have a console, though.
PS4. But at this point it is basically only a media station and mostly replaced by SmartTV/ChromeCast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom