• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What songs would you pay 50 dollars to never hear again?

I would also pay $50 to replace the current fembot posing as Lady Gaga with the real one who mysteriously disappeared around the time Born This Way dropped.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'll pay the fee required to wipe out Carly Rae Jepsen's entire discography.

Santa Baby
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
All I Want For Christmas is my Two Front Teeth
Baby It's Cold Outside
Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
That Chipmunks song about the Hula Hoop
Wonderful Christmas Time
Christmas Shoes

Makai

This sounds like a Monkey's Paw scenario where you can't stop thinking about the song afterwards but you can't play it.

Santa Baby
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
All I Want For Christmas is my Two Front Teeth
Baby It's Cold Outside
Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
That Chipmunks song about the Hula Hoop
Wonderful Christmas Time
Christmas Shoes

The last one YES YES YES, holy hell that song is dark and way to depressing to be a "holiday" song

Anything by Katy Perry. I'm pretty sick of her unoriginal repetitive shit. Multiple songs of hers are on my work radio every day and it's hell.

God, she's so fucking untalented and annoying as shit.

skelekey

Shape of you by Ed Sheehan. My god, the radio will not stop playing this insanely middling song. It doesn't help that my girlfriend liked the song when it began getting played but now it just drives me insane.

darklin0

Banned
I sat through Cars, almost everyday, for a year.

Some of the songs in that movie haunt me in my dreams.

I would gladly pay hundreds of thousands to erase all of it from my mind.

mAcOdIn

Whatever's being played on the top 40 hip hop/R&B station at work each day. They go through their rotation in about an hour and so I hear each song about 10 times a day or so, I'm sure I've already heard Side to Side from Ariane Grande as many times as I've heard Journey's Don't Stop Believing and that song's older than her. But pick any song, Me Myself and I, Airplanes, Work, Anaconda I've heard them all more than my favorite songs from childhood already. Really it'd be cheaper for me to pay a larger fee to just get rid of that shitty ass radio station.

Dishwalla

Banned
Bohemian Rhapsody
Wonderwall
Stairway To Heaven
and a bit of an oddball but You Get What You Give

Would put Don't Stop Believin' too but it's a guilty pleasure of mine when I'm drunk, although I hate the song immensely in every other application.

Alphahawk

I feel like I like music too much for this to be an attractive proposition. Even awful songs have their place IMO.

But Santa Baby came close to making me reconsider.

Jzero

I'm broke, $50 is too much for a single song.

Wait i take that back, definitely the frozen song.

beta_fuse

7 Years by Lukas Graham
every time I hear that song I have a visceral reaction, i dunno why exactly but it's unbearable

Omg same with me. That song is the absolute WORST! Also the Chainsmokers song that starts with something "in Paris". I don't know the rest cause I change it immediately.

gypsie

We listen to a lot of spotify playlists at work so for me personally every beyonce / destiny's child song but if that's not possible then just independent woman will do....

IT'S ON EVERY PLAYLIST THAT MENTIONS WOMEN ARHHHGHGHHG

Slacka

Robbie Williams - Angels

I used to work in a retail store where at least 2 or 3 times a day you would have to call up the delivery service they employed to change or chase up a delivery. Every time you would be in a hold queue for 10 to 15 minutes or so.

The hold music was a loop of this song, but not the full song, the middle 2 minutes or so, it would restart the loop between the "one of our agents will be with you as soon as possible" messages.

I pretty much get ptsd flashbacks of what a horrible place it was to work when I hear it now.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Every single by Fun.

Top Bottom