• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was a announcement of one game that actually made you happy to be alive?

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
I was so happy that I think I had a semi boner!
thats a penis GIF

Metroid Dread was pretty orgasmic. It took decades to get that one, and I never thought we would. After Federation Force, I was all but certain the franchise was nearly dead.

Also, I agree that the original REmake on GameCube was pretty special as well. It's one of the few games I'd call perfect. Type-C controls were amazing for that particular style.

unlurkified

Maybe not so happy that I thought it’s great to be alive at the time of a release of a game, but many announcements have made me pumped. Usually it’s stuff that I’ve waited over a decade for the sequel to.

Recent game announcements that have made me pretty excited were; DMC5 (waited 11 years), Dragon’s Dogma 2 (will have waited 12 years), Judas (again, 11 years since the last Bioshock), and lastly, Star Wars Outlaws because it’s one of the few games that has met my expectations for this gen.

Last edited:

Hudo

Not really any announcement of a game that made me this happy. But I vividly remember that when I came back from a week-long school trip during which Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun was released, my Mom grabbed a copy and put it onto my bed. So when I came home at the end of the week, I was greeted with the beautiful big box of the game. I was really happy about that.

Love you, Mom.

Monokrom

I would say Final Fantasy VII. When I saw one of the eariler trailers on a games magazine cd. Ofc there were screenshots before that.
And it was coming to us here in Europe! Final(ly). I was even more blown away by the game when I got to actually play it.
Good times.

Edit: This was the trailer.

Last edited:

Melfice7

Most recently, it was TLOU2, after falling in love with most of the characters in part 1, i shed a tear with the announcement trailer of part 2

Too bad druckmann took it on the path he did

StueyDuck

Anything Kojima... knowing that it's going to be unique in some way even if it's delivering parcels it is always exciting. New in gaming is always good.

Zelda games use to, but they for minecraft kids these days, so when I see logs sticking together I don't really care.

Last edited:

Kazdi

Neo Member
Silent Hill 2 remake and MGS3 remake. 2 favourite games on my favourite console from childhood.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Just in the base of the announcement: Shenmue 3. Didn't think that this was ever going beyond a dream

...and didn't think that the director was so stuck in the past

Kindjal

Just in the base of the announcement: Shenmue 3. Didn't think that this was ever going beyond a dream

...and didn't think that the director was so stuck in the past

This was my choice as well. I wasn't expecting that announcement at all.
But then we know what happened...

BlackTron

Happy to be alive?
No.
But, very happy?
StarCraft 2 Triology.

After Poochy returned to her home planet in Heart of the Swarm I've never touched the franchise again.

I came in to say Starcraft 2 but you beat me. Final product didn't deliver with bad story and removing LAN, which was just control over esports. It's a good core game plagued by many bad decisions. But my hype for Starcraft 2 was stratospheric.

Twilight Princess, another game that ended up being meh.

Halo 2 with the city E3 demo. Holy shit. Once again...game ended up being a big nothing compared to 1.

Sonic 06. Fucking lol. I know the premise of the thread seems silly, but I've actually had the thought "if I ever get a good 3D Sonic game again, I'll be thankful to have lived long enough to see it".

Basically all my top shelf IPs taught me not to bother getting invested anymore, like 20 years ago. The only one that hasn't betrayed my loyalty or fandom is Mario

Last edited:

killatopak

I’ll say more than 1. Diablo 2, Age of Empire, Red Alert 2, Vanquish, Bayonetta and Resident Evil 3.

My dad doesn’t play a lot of games but he did with me with those games. I‘ll treasure that memory forever. I passed the controller to my dad after the window jumpscare at the RPD in RE3 and watched him finish the game.

My mom watched my whole playthrough of Vanquish and liked it because I wasn’t beating up people, just robots. She also thought Bayonetta was a cool character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom