• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will be the next Game of Thrones? A list of candidates from the fantasy genre

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people saying The Witcher. If they made up something new, then maybe, but the books are just downright boring for hundreds of pages. Seriously, the pacing is pretty fucked up at times. I mean there was a whole book where pretty much nothing happened with Geralt.

agrajag

Banned
Dragonlance would be wild! Only the first six books though please.

Earthsea, I feel, doesn't have enough "stuff" happening for a tv show. It would be over in three episodes.

Nairume

Banned
For the people saying The Witcher. If they made up something new, then maybe, but the books are just downright boring for hundreds of pages. Seriously, the pacing is pretty fucked up at times. I mean there was a whole book where pretty much nothing happened with Geralt.

That's why the TV series that actually exists focused on the short stories and occasionally did its own things.

An animated Princess of Mars series with a Frazetta art style. Please!

You. I like the way you think.

xsCjQYh.gif

Please not the Malazan universe. I don't want to see it watered down in any way. If they turned it into a show, it would lose a lot of what makes it special. Let's keep that one just for us fantasy geeks, please.

Retro

I would fucking love The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant to find a good adaptation. Those books are fucking crazy.

Man, I'm glad you got in at the end there because I was going to be severely disappointed if somebody didn't comment on Thomas Covenant on the first page. For all the talk of anti-heroes and lead characters who blur the line between good and evil, here's a central character who spends the entire first Trilogy being an absolutely despicable asshole who refuses to even attempt to accept the reality of his situation. Not to mention the horrible ways in which he tries to intentionally provoke the people and world he won't even believe exists... man, I'd love to watch a cable TV series focused on a miserable, hateful bastard who, oh yeah, also happens to be the Savior of the land he seems intent on spitefully destroying one innocent at a time.

Venture

No Berserk? Well I guess it would pretty hard to film the
Eclipse
I actually love this idea. The anime would make for a terrific series spread across a couple of seasons if they could come up with a proper conclusion. I haven't read the manga but I think that would be more difficult to turn into a show. I'm under the impression there are a lot of magical creatures/characters featured in the stories.

The Witcher or The Dark Tower... but what I would love most of all ... is a reboot of Rome. When they did it, HBO wasnt really the powerhouse it is today, but if that show came out in todays market, it would be the biggest TV show on air.

Jag

The Witcher or The Dark Tower... but what I would love most of all ... is a reboot of Rome. When they did it, HBO wasnt really the powerhouse it is today, but if that show came out in todays market, it would be the biggest TV show on air.

Rome was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom