• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Will Be The Rare, Hard-to-find Wii U Games?

As the title says, what will be the Wii U games to get before they become rare. What games are worth playing before they're hard to find?

-shadow-

What was that Hello Kitty game? I've been seeing that one go for some insane prices. Along with that weird animal game of which I don't know the name.

Effect

Yeah I could imagine the disc copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions becoming rare at some point. I don't think many were printed in the west based on how it performed in Japan in the first place. Those that have copies are very likely to hang on to them because the game is great! I'll never let my copy of that go.

The version of Baoyonetta 2 that includes Bayonetta 1 as a collection is likely also to be rare. Another game I see few people parting ways with in the end. I assume it already is.

The disc version of Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water is likely be pretty damn expensive. Doesn't help that it was only released in Japan and Europe/Aus (Limited Edition only) on disc while the US version was eShop only. The Japanese copy actually includes the localization I believe. Or was that Bayonetta 2 or both?

Jofamo

I'd imagine the physical version of Wii Sports Club would be hard to find now. I've certainly never seen a physical copy on shelves.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Bayonetta 2 first print with Bayonetta 1 (in NA, PAL is apparently more common) for sure. Mario and Sonic Rio Olympics was recalled almost immediately after release and NES Remix Pack seems like it got a relatively low print run even as a Select. Wii Sports Club and Game and Wario also vanished pretty soon after they came out.

Breath of the Wild and Colour Splash will probably be up there too because late-lifespan releases on Nintendo systems almost always become scarce fast. Especially since BOTW was just a low-key, token release compared to the Switch one, and Colour Splash's reception was middling. I bet even Twilight Princess HD will probably hold its price pretty well.

Wonderful 101 isn't that expensive for now, but if it never gets ported in the future it'll probably find its way up there.

Hello Kitty Kruisers
Mario and Sonic at the Rio Games

Those are the current rare games

Yup.

Hello Kitty is surprising because it's over $200 and you would have thought they would have been enough printed for the demand.

Rio is surprising because that series was always popular and its published by Nintendo with Mario in it so it becoming sold out in months is unusual.

Shiggy

These three will become rare:
PS_WiiU_NewSuperLuigiU_deDE~1.png
PS_WiiU_ProjectZeroMaidenOfBlackWater_EU8.jpg
pic6.png

Devils Third.

Shit will make me rich, I tell you! You'll all see!

Does anybody like this game? Is there even a small enthusiast base for it? Serious question but it seemed like it was widely panned. For a game to be valuable it needs to not only be rare but also be desired.

I bought New Super Luigi U before buying the system itself, and also hunted down a first run copy of Pikmin 3 despite receiving it digitally from Club Nintendo, because I believed both would become difficult to find after the Wii U kicked.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Title should really say what will be the rare retail Wii U game? As in the age of digital on-store no game is really hard to find, unless they get removed for licensing reason.

SalvaPot

Devil's Third got a reprint and most collectors got it there. TMS I feel was overshipped.

Third Party games are going to be the rare ones. As for Nintendo's first party, the original print of Pikmin, Wii Sports Club and New Super Luigi U.

StingX2

Does anybody like this game? Is there even a small enthusiast base for it? Serious question but it seemed like it was widely panned. For a game to be valuable it needs to not only be rare but also be desired.

I played it last year and really enjoyed it! It was the right kind of stupid fun, its Ninja Gaiden with guns in addition to swords

ToonLink

Star Fox Guard, maybe.

Bayonetta was only with first print of Bayonetta 2 in NA, right? I think it only came with the limited edition in Europe.

Peff

Wonderful 101 is pretty scarce in EU, isn't it?

Yep, that's the thing with this stuff, availability is relative. For example, TMS was a 2016 English-only RPG, so outside of the UK the European print run was really limited, to the point where some countries only got the LE and pretty much pre-order only. It is probably comparatively not that hard to find in the US if you're good with the standard edition. Pikmin 3 and DKC:TF were also surprisingly rare, at least until the Nintendo Selects reprint.

G0523

Probably all of them for the time being. The prices on so many Wii U games is crazy expensive! Even ones that are already on other systems.

The top of the rare pile will probably be Devil's Third, Wii Sports Club, and Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Olympics.

The PVP was praised somewhat but they're already offline.

Top Bottom