• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will be your soundtrack for Starfield?

The games soundtrack? Even if its bad, I'll still listen to it. I never put my own music in any game regardless. Its the devs vision, whether good or bad, and I'll play it accordingly. Chances of it being bad are almsot slim to none. Cmon, have you heard Fallout and Skyrim's soundtracks? Prolly not based on your post.

Elbereth

The games soundtrack? Even if its bad, I'll still listen to it. I never put my own music in any game regardless. Its the devs vision, whether good or bad, and I'll play it accordingly. Chances of it being bad are almsot slim to none. Cmon, have you heard Fallout and Skyrim's soundtracks? Prolly not based on your post.
It's good to have options man, lol.

Yes, I've played them all and they are good. However, if the game is as good as I hope it will be, then there are some memorable tracks from other mediums that will complement the journey like no other.

SenkiDala

...probably the Starfield soundtrack? Bethesda's games have had amazing soundtracks so there's no reason to doubt this one will be great as well.
Was thinking the same. But yeah if I get bored of it after 100 hours I might have to think about other soundtracks.

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
The game ?

I will never understand people listening to random musics or/and turning off game musics, it absolutely kills the atmosphere of the game. It's like replacing a movie soundtrack, you won't do that.

Weirdo Youre Weird GIF

Last edited:

salva

Those annoying hiphop/rap tracks that are on all modern AAA trailers.

...No, but seriously, the games own music/score. It sounds pretty damn good so far.

Trilobit

Bowie in Space by Flight of the Conchords

On repeat.

Edit: Whoa! Dragoth! We're like the same mind travelling in parallel lines. :0

Last edited:
I feel like every two days someone tosses a set of little papers in the air with random topics written on them. The one that the person manages to catch becomes the theme for starting a thread about Starfield.
I will use the game's soundtrack

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
...probably the Starfield soundtrack? Bethesda's games have had amazing soundtracks so there's no reason to doubt this one will be great as well.

Is Jeremy Soule the composer?

He creates the best ambient tracks in the business next to Jesper Kyd

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Imo it’s the Stellaris OST and in particular the Utopia expansion that seems to match the tone of Starfield:

But most likely the Starfield OST will be just as good.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Might be slightly off topic but I hope there's an option to turn off 'combat music'. I hate when that shit kicks in and ruins the element of surprise. It's almost like cheating.

amigastar

Might be slightly off topic but I hope there's an option to turn off 'combat music'. I hate when that shit kicks in and ruins the element of surprise. It's almost like cheating.
source.gif

Sorry, but how is it cheating when the music starts at the same time as the combat?

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
source.gif

Sorry, but how is it cheating when the music starts at the same time as the combat?

I was playing Fallout 4 last month. This is the scenario. You're walking into a building, minding your own business, looting stuff. All of the sudden the combat music kicks in. And you just know shit is about to get down. There's no element of surprise. You don't have to be careful because you will never be ambushed. Music gives it away.

This is what I mean.

GooseMan69

The game ?

I will never understand people listening to random musics or/and turning off game musics, it absolutely kills the atmosphere of the game. It's like replacing a movie soundtrack, you won't do that.

Weirdo Youre Weird GIF

Yeah I don’t get it either. The only time I’ve done it is with sports games or racing games. A sprawling single player RPG is the absolute last kind of game I would use my own playlists for. I wanna soak up every little bit of atmosphere, just as the devs intended. Using your own custom playlist is like bringing your own sides to a nice restaurant.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I’m playing Baldur’s Gate 3 while listening to Final Fantasy XVI’s OST. Then I’m going to play Armored Core 6 while listening to Baldur’s Gate 3’s OST. Finally I will play Starfield while listening to Armored Core 6’s OST.

Top Bottom