• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what year do you expect the world to come together as one nation

platocplx

Year 2400. If that. It’s sad we are having all these petty border wars etc I always wished to be able to travel freely around the world and live wherever.

When everyone looks the same so the lizard-brain part of idiot human reasoning that fears 'others' won't kick in.

So, probably never.

Not even if we were forced to by obscene amounts of destruction do I think the world could unite- there would still be people using it as an opportunity for power grabs and inflicting suffering based on ageless debts and insults.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
If there were only two humans left alive, they would probably hate each other.
No, they wouldn't. If it's necessary, humans are very good at finding common ground and learning to like, or at least tolerate, each other. How do you think arranged marriages work?

In a situation of only two humans being in existence, there'd be no tribalism and no need to compete with each other. Sure, they'd be sick of each other in some ways, but knowing there's no other choice, it would be more like old married couple type annoyance. They'd love each other before too long.

Some of you have a very bleak outlook.

The only way I can see this happening is if an alien invasion happens and they annihilate 90% of the population and the last 10% just so happened was able to overcome them and just so happened to be from 1 country. Even if let's say japanese people were the survivors and it happened to have few Americans alive I'd wager they would just join the japanese.

pennanton

Neo Member
Hopefully never as there's nothing wrong with nation states. Governments on a federal level often fail to fufil the needs and solve the issues of its own states let alone cities and towns. How can we expect a world government to represent and provide for an entire planet?

Omadahl

Banned
We won't. The alien could drop on New York and no one would give a shit. They'd see that as a weakness and a potential time to strike amidst the chaos.

Hmm, i was gonna say never... but if you think about ww2... if Hitler won all the wars, this wpuld be pretty much the case by now. I guess a dictatorship or AI will make this happen at some point.. (but not in a good way like op implied)

Top Bottom