• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earth Defense Force 6 coming west in spring 2024 for PS5, PS4, and PC

Draugoth

Gold Member
D3 Publisher will release Earth Defense Force 6 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam in spring 2024, followed by Epic Games Store shortly after, the company announced.

Earth Defense Force 6 first launched for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on August 25, 2022 in Japan. As previously announced, Clouded Leopard Entertainment will also release the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 versions in Asia with English language support in 2024.

Here is an overview of the game, via D3 Publisher:

About:
In the year 2025, humanity won the war against the unknown invaders known as “Primers,” and peace returned to the planet. As a result of the conflict, 90 percent of Earth’s population was destroyed, and civilization was on the brink of collapse. Earth Defense Force 6 picks up three years after the events of Earth Defense Force 5 in the year 2027. The survivors continue their efforts to rebuild but threats to the world’s safety remain persistent. The Primers left behind many alien colonists and the two species have become increasingly hostile toward one another. The number of invasive organisms nesting in the depths of the earth and its ruins continues to increase. The Earth Defense Force is once again called upon to protect the planet from the aggressive extraterrestrial invaders and determine the true purpose of the giant ring-shaped object that has recently appeared in the sky. Will the Earth Defense Force be able to pull humanity from the edge of defeat, or will this be the species’ last stand?

Source

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
These games are so bad, but I still love them.

I'd love to see a real high budget version with better destruction, the best graphics possible, incredible AI and tens of thousands of enemies and other NPCs on screen at once.

These games are so bad, but I still love them.

I'd love to see a real high budget version with better destruction, the best graphics possible, incredible AI and tens of thousands of enemies and other NPCs on screen at once.
They really aren't bad though, the gameplay is honestly fantastic. Coop 4.1 and 5 (and World Brothers and even Iron Rain) have been some of the best pure gaming experiences I've had.

They really aren't bad though, the gameplay is honestly fantastic. Coop 4.1 and 5 (and World Brothers and even Iron Rain) have been some of the best pure gaming experiences I've had.

Aye, gameplay has always been king with EDF but they've steadily improved performance over the years, so we'll get there on that front someday too :messenger_grinning_sweat: The loot drop system never gets old either, you'll mad dash for those green crates and then wait for the end of stage to see if you get a launcher that fires a missile you can walk faster than which will level a city block if it brushes the hair on spiders leg.

Top Bottom