• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade Launching for PlayStation 5 in 2024

project-eve-kim-tae-hyung.gif

In PlayStation’s official article detailing expectations for what fans can expect from 2024, Sony confirmed that the highly anticipated action game by developer Shift Up, Stellar Blade, will be making its way to PlayStation 5 in 2024.
“While Stellar Blade is Korean developer Shift Up’s first console title, the adventure is looking promising indeed. Stellar Blade is an action-adventure game making its way to PlayStation 5 next year. This hack n’ slash title puts players in control of the stylish heroine Eve, as she takes on the Naytibas, a force ravaging Earth while surviving humans escape to an outer space colony.
Stellar Blade combines sharp action with stunning visuals and a mature narrative to create something all new. Players will have to master a balanced offense and defense to survive against hordes of out-of-this-world enemies.”

Release Date: 2024 | Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment | PS5

Shift Up just posted an update on their X account:

Last edited:

saintjules

Wasn't there another game with a girl protagonist in a space helmet with 'similar' features? Can't find it, but I believe it's a 2024 title. 3rd person action.

tmlDan

Im excited for this, even if its just for the views

Please don't be ass,

I think you're referring to the First Descendant. It has a couple girls with similar designs and it's a 3rd person shooter.

First Descendant is pretty good! It's def got that korean game feel tho from playing the beta

I notice Concord is not listed.

Why is Concord not listed?
To be fair, all of those games come out in first half of 2024. I'm guessing Sony just playing things close to the vest with games 6+ months out. Death Stranding 2 isn't mentioned either, but I hope they are sticking to their 2024 release date

Helldivers 2, Granblue Fantasy Relink, FF7 Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin, and possibly Silent Hill 2 remake are supposed to all come out in Q1. Pretty good exclusives lineup. I'm guessing Stellarblade is spring

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Looks really good. I love the monster design they've shown off so far, really on point and sets the mood. But I do hope the game offers more depth than flashy combat and cool boss fights, although I wouldn't be disappointed if the game only amounted to that. I hope the controls are tight at least.

Elios83

It's interesting to note that the article covers games until June (with Destiny 2 Final Shape) and they seem to be ordered in chronological order.
This seems to suggest that Stellar Blade might be a Q2 title.
Also according to rumors Silent Hill 2 will also be released in that timeframe so after a big Q1 it doesn't seem like the train will stop.

Top Bottom