• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade Launching for PlayStation 5 in 2024

yurinka

Because Live Service games are being less relied on for Playstation with Jim Ryan out the way.
No, the already planned GaaS will be released. They may add one more to replace the cancelled TLOU Online.

Jim Ryan wasn't the one who greenlighted most of these GaaS, and the big majority of games we know were greenlighted by him and Hermen aren't GaaS.

Whoever is the next CEO will continue the successful strategy -which predates Jimbo- of expanding SIE's business to GaaS and beyond console (PC, mobile and movies/tv shows etc) while also expanding their console business and non-GaaS games, and trying to grow in large and fastest growing markets as China or India (and pretty likely LATAM will follow after them).

Mobile has the majority of players and revenues, and GaaS as busines model also has the majority of players and revenue. So obviously Sony will want to grow there.

Looks like some sex doll came to live and decided to do a DMC cosplay. Gotta love Japanese Devs :)
The publisher is Japanese, but the developer is Korean.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
so I'm hearing Overwatch 2 flopped real hard

nJzncRa.jpg

Madonis

People talking about how the game looks, when I am more curious about the gameplay actually being good.

I can find clips and screenshots online, that doesn't require me to buy the game.

Go_Ly_Dow

People talking about how the game looks, when I am more curious about the gameplay actually being good.

I can find clips and screenshots online, that doesn't require me to buy the game.
On page 2 I posted all the footage so far. Including a 2020 test footage video without the cuts you see in the other trailers in which the combat looks solid despite being early in development.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It wont come to PC day 1. Shif UP CEO bought a PS5 for every employee so they could play the game at launch. A PC version hasent even been anounced since the game changed its name to Stellar Blade.

Then why does Sony refer to it as a console exclusive?

This game is DOA in korea if it’s a ps5 exclusive

nial

Gold Member
Lol yeah already talked about and it was hilarious, the guy is so out of touch sometimes, living in a bubble, he should try going to a gym a see what the modern audience are wearing when proudly showing off their booty gains 😏
Yep, he's the "Bugaga" part of the post I made.

Gay men criticizing female attire. You can't write a more 'on the nose' stereotype or trope.
Holy shit, I genuinely didn't know. Alex Bugaga, it checks out.

I don't know if people who say bad things about Golden Axe Beast Rider actually played the game.

Its super solid and fun, the counter/kill mechanics are great...Also remembers me Heavenly Sword.

Give it a try. I liked a lot!
The game was just average compared to what came out around it. I don't think Rogue Ops is bad either, but both it and Golden Axe are the definition of what Easy Allies Huber would say are 'swimming in 7s'...mediocre games that you can find a little fun out of if you're bored or I guess horny. Another one I can think of is 'Death by Degrees' starring Nina from Tekken. Simple 2000 series games had some too, like Onechanbara.

Crayon

Idk if I'd necessarily call this AAA. I think this is the AA people clamor for. Surprise! It's still $70!

Returnal was badged as a AAA game but I raised an eyebrow at that. It was clearly done with less resources and not expected to sell 10M+.

A double-a game can not just look really good, but be priced and promoted as a premium product. Launching it with less promotion and a cheaper price is not necessarily the best way to make a game like this financially viable. It sounds more intuitive that the game would be cheaper to buy if it's cheaper to make but that's not necessarily so if you want the game to be made at all.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
the design of the last character in one of the trailer is superb. The face has a more realistic proportions and the suit is just something that you only see in those character illustrations/concept arts floating on Pinterest.
D9ZaXTb.gif

vNj0nVm.gif

PRp0kmk.gif
I looped that part too many tines. I hope that thick character is in final game.
That game really looks like it should be played in Korean. so good.
All the cool stuff, skulls and robot parts are so kojima-like. fantastic

Last edited:

JaksGhost

Naw they're just going to market the hell out of the game and will probably do a nice PS5 bundle over there as well. They still want to capture potential console buyers before PC in Korea.

Last edited:
The game was just average compared to what came out around it. I don't think Rogue Ops is bad either, but both it and Golden Axe are the definition of what Easy Allies Huber would say are 'swimming in 7s'...mediocre games that you can find a little fun out of if you're bored or I guess horny. Another one I can think of is 'Death by Degrees' starring Nina from Tekken. Simple 2000 series games had some too, like Onechanbara.
I like a lot all games you mentioned, and i had genuine fun with those games!!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yep, he's the "Bugaga" part of the post I made.

Gay men criticizing female attire. You can't write a more 'on the nose' stereotype or trope.

Bugaga is gay?

No, the already planned GaaS will be released. They may add one more to replace the cancelled TLOU Online.

Jim Ryan wasn't the one who greenlighted most of these GaaS, and the big majority of games we know were greenlighted by him and Hermen aren't GaaS.

Whoever is the next CEO will continue the successful strategy -which predates Jimbo- of expanding SIE's business to GaaS and beyond console (PC, mobile and movies/tv shows etc) while also expanding their console business and non-GaaS games, and trying to grow in large and fastest growing markets as China or India (and pretty likely LATAM will follow after them).

Mobile has the majority of players and revenues, and GaaS as busines model also has the majority of players and revenue. So obviously Sony will want to grow there.

The publisher is Japanese, but the developer is Korean.

So what games did Jim Ryan Greenlight? Because it seems like some people don't want to credit or discredit him with anything.

What exactly is the Jim Ryan era?

Can't they buy a PS5?

Some of y'all are sick man lol

Last edited:

yurinka

So what games did Jim Ryan Greenlight? Because it seems like some people don't want to credit or discredit him with anything.
As reference you can check the games they released after he became CEO in February 2019 and count the games these dev teams (dev team doesn't mean studio) are doing since then, these are the games greenlighted by him (same goes with Hermen). Following this logic he'd have greenlighted:

MLB starting (likely 21 or later ones), Bend's next IP, Death Stranding DC, Death Stranding 2, Media Molecule's next game, ND's 2 or more SP games under development, GoWR Valhalla + next GoW set in a new mythology, GoT DC, GoT2 or whatever Sucker Punch is doing after GoT, Wolverine, X-Men, next Ratchet, Spider-Man 3, Horizon Forbidden shores, whatever HFW team is doing after it (probably Horizon 3, because Horizon Online started in 2018 so he didn't greenlight it), Team Asobi's upcoming 3D action platformer with humor bigger than the Astros, Housemarque's next game, whatever the Legacy of Thieves/TLOUP1 teams are doing now (at least TLOUP1 started before 2019), Gran Turismo 8 or whatever Polyphony is doing now, whatever Horizon CoM team is doing now, Deviation's game, Ballistic Moon (former Until Dawn/Supermassive devs) game. Plus unknown 1st/2nd games we may not know are under developent.

Games like Destiny 2, Marathon, Matter, Stellar Blade, Fairgame$ instead were already under development before (he didn't greenlight them) but he signed them for Sony so could be partially counted, or not. Games like Rise of the Ronin or Helldivers 2, Horizon Online, GT7, Firewalk's game, TLOUP1 were already under development before February 2019 so where greenlighted by someone else. TLOU Online and London Studio's next IP maybe were greenlighted somewhere in 2019 (or maybe before). Since Firesprite has been working on multiple games since many years ago we have no idea when their game were greenlighted.

What exactly is the Jim Ryan era?
The period he has been CEO, from February 11, 2019 to March 31, 2024.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

I think there's too much concern about Sony's influence on the game considering they've shown two trailers at two big Playstation events with the physical features on display lol.

It also looks like the protag has multiple constumes looking at the footage from the 3 trailers. So if Sony was being funny about the design then they could just market the game with the character wearing a less revealing costume. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Crayon

I'm enjoying the wait to see these chinese (wukong) and korean games get put in the spotlight like this. Hopefully they turn out good and kick something off. Best case scenario it could be like a new region to expect good games from. Specifically, good games with (listen to your heart) great graphics and good design/content. And what if they are less encumbered than more established outfits? Can they get a sequel out in less that four fucking years?

Top Bottom