• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': Edition

Strike

ZioeHPI.jpg

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) - Just reached the Soviet Installation. Probably would've got a bit farther into the story, but I've been spending most of my time collecting items and doing side missions instead.

TGS, New Marvel, Project Cars 2, Pokken Tournament DX..another solid week for gaming. Whatcha Been Playin?

Smidget

Just beat What Remains of Edith Finch this morning. Amazing game. Just so well done and enjoyable/depressing/etc.

Been playing NBA2K18 (mostly Pack and Playoff mode which is essentially a draft/arena mode) and Everybody’s Golf.

Also still playing PUBG and trying to get more Mario + Rabbids in.

Too many games! And it’s just gonna get “worse”.

Destiny 2 - casual 267 warlock
Metroid: Samus Returns - playing this slowly
The Gallery: Call of the Starseed - getting ready for the sequel
Diablo III - trying out the Necro!

Not had alot of free time this week, plan to try and finish Mario and Rabbids this weekend though. I want to buy Steamworld Dig 2, but I wont allow myself to buy it until I finish Rabbids as I already have a bit of a backlog forming.

HylianTom

Banned
Currently in World 4-6 of Mario+Rabbids. I hope to wrap it up this weekend, and then start on SteamWorld Dig 1 & 2.

jacobs34

Going to give Shadow of Mordor one last go before Shadow of War comes out.

I plan on beating Lost Legacy this weekend as well.

I may play more Destiny 2, but I'm already feeling the burnout pretty hard - it may go on the backburner until they add more endgame content.

Piscus

For 3DS, I just finished Metroid Samus Returns last night, going back to Monster Hunter Stories. Probably gonna beat Sonic Mania before downloading Thimbleweed Park and/or Steamworld Dig 2 on Switch (unless Stardew Valley and Golf Story come out suddenly). Got some old backlog to beat before mid October hits and the jams start coming out.

souppboy

Neo Member
Just finished World 2 of Mario+Rabidds and am going back to 100% the Worlds as I go. Also about 55% of the way done with my first play through of XCOM 2

not so patiently waiting for Octopath Traveler

EDIT:formatting

About 30 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles. I'm pretty much only playing this and just got to Forest area. I made the mistake most people seem to have made and did all of the side quests as I found. I've since stopped doing that and doing them if I feel like it.

Aaron D.

Continuing my baby-steps with D:OS2 at close to 10 hours logged, I'm still not sure of what main I want to open with. Played through the opening map with the origin character Ifan speced as a Battlemage. Then I rolled again with him playing Rogue. I think(?) I want to stick with that but man, with so many build options, I'm suffering from some serious analysis-paralysis.

New Stellaris DLC dropped yesterday. And while my dance card is full is OS2, I can't help but heed the siren call. It sounds ridiculous, but I'm most excited to tour around the 10 new voice packs for your robot assistant, VIR. Can't imagine that cute little guy playing the role of unmerciful, evil tyrant.

CMS18 continues to be my Zen palette cleanser. Such a relaxing change of pace.

Got my eye on Heat Signature but I really have to stop spending money at this point. Game looks incredible but it will just have to wait for the moment.

Rocketz

Destiny 2 and Rainbow 6 Siege

Everything else is kinda on the back burner at the moment. I want to get some Overwatch back in again soon!

eliochip

Finished Samus Returns recently and i'm supposed to be finishing Fire Emblem Echoes and The Witcher 3 by Septembers end.

Just got DBXenoverse 2 so i'm fiddling around with that.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS). This is my first time with the series and I'm really enjoying it. I like how the cases seem to take these really ridiculous directions. The other thing I'm enjoying is how there seems to usually be that one character in each case (I'm only on the 4th case) who is so unexpected. First it was Miss May who seemed really friendly then turned super angry midway through the trial - it was so hilarious. Then there's Ms. Oldbag who seems angry at Phoenix Wright for no real reason. I especially liked how when she was shouting the text would scroll really quick and sometimes it'd be hard to read.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4). Honestly I'm not sure what to think of this. I'm really enjoying this, and it looks phenomenal, but something feels a little off somehow. Will wait till I've finished to give my proper thoughts but I'm not sure I'll wind up liking it as much as some of the other games which would be a disappointment as I really enjoyed all of the games before and each has been better than the last.

Not really playing anything on PC but I'm planning on (or at least thinking about) starting Rise of the Tomb Raider sometime soon. Also hoping to finish off Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS3) this month, if I can.

kunonabi

Doing a fusion mode playthrough of Metroid: Samus Returns(3DS). The ending soured me on the game so it's a little slow going.

Trying to finish up Samurai Warriors 4-II(PS4) as well.

Sat thinking trying to remember what the hell I am playing and realized that I have played nothing since sunday. Resident evil 5 split-screen coop ps4 version with an friend. We tried and failed at the flamethrower boss when we gave up. We tried like five times, felt almost bugged, did not remember it being this hard before.

Single-player wise I think I will start up Uncharted 3 this weekend. Never played it before, went from 2 to 4.

JJShadow

Mainly Destiny 2 for the last couple of weeks, but now I'm getting closer to max level so I have started Metroid Samus Returns and Steamworld Dig 2 as well

WITHE1982

Just beat The Evil Within last night. Only took me just over 3 years.

Dunno why I gave up on it the first time as the more I played the better the game got. Story was a bit all over the place but I loved the enemy encounters and weapons.

Really looking forward to TEW2 now. I was just gonna skip it but after playing through the first game it's definately on my radar.

jacobs34

Not having a console that can play Divinity 2 is making me really bummed out, heard so many great things about that game. I'll have to look at the minimum specs to see if my laptop can run it.

tariniel

On weekends: PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds. My friend and I play duo FPP, we're trash and just try to have fun instead of win. One of my favorite games right now, it's a blast.

The rest of the time:

Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky FC - I'm pretty close to finished I think, hoping the second chapter goes on sale soon.
I just won the grand arena tournament in chapter 4.

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin - I played through vanilla but never got around to the scholars edition/DLC, but I'm taking it slow. I beat the Lost Sinner last time I played.

Card Thief
source.gif

Fairly Repetitive Stealth card game - just trying it for kicks since I've lost interest in everything else for mobile.

Really waiting for River City Rivals...

Dead Cells
giphy.gif

Tried it on a whim, heard great things... and it's spectacular.

Linkark07

Banned
Persona 5: this weekend I'm finishing it. Just completed the last palace, and 3 days to go before the criminal reveals his misbehaviors.

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: almost finishing the 4th stratrum. And then, going to the last one.

Bioshock 2: after P5, I'll continue this one. Getting the fire plasmid.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Finished Dishonored Death of the Outsider last night. Loved it, Arkane never disapoints.

Going through Metroid Samus Returns today

Just started Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Enjoyed the opening, seems like a pretty cool and unique setting so far.

Also slowly making my way through The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Just playing 20 mins here and there when I have the time, so far have played it only portable.

Replaying Max Payne 2 with some favorite mods from back in the day, as well as some new ones.

Did the latest Forzathon in Forza Horizon 3 this morning, still playing it regularly.

Restarted Saints Row IV this morning too, just for fun.

Also playing through Knack 2 co-op with the fiancée ATM.

Really need to get back to Yakuza 0...

GeeTeeCee

I finshed the story of Yakuza Kiwami the other day, and now I'm just finishing up the last few substories and Majima Everywhere events. It's not quite on the same level as Yakuza 0,but it's still a great game. Much harder than 0 too - by the end of the game I was just standing still waiting for opponents to attack so I could use the OP Tiger Drop move to finish the fight quickly rather than get endlessly stunlocked out of combos by the enemy.

I picked up Destiny 2 a week after it launched, and though I haven't put much time into it yet (thanks Yakuza) it hasn't quite grabbed me the same way the first game did. I'm also concerned that by the time I eventually get raid-ready the community at large will have already moved on. I never did a single raid in the first game.

I also started to play Crash Bandicoot Remastered. I was not good at these games as a child. I am still awful at them now.

Now that my Vita is in desperate need of a new RPG to play now I'm done with Persona 4, the announcement of Lasy Alive has me wondering if now is the time to finally play Front Mission 3, which I've owned for ages but never got around to.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
PS4: Persona 5 + Destiny 2
PC: Overwatch, Rocket League, No Man's Sky, Forza 7 Demo, GTA V.

I was playing Divinity Original Sin (1) on PC but I just can't get into it. This was my third attempt. Total of about 15 hours across those playthroughs.

My next purchases will be: Forza 7 (PC), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4 or PC can't decide), Destiny 2 (PC), and then Battlefront 2 (PC) in November.

I might pick up FIFA/Football Manager this year. Not quite sure yet.

jf DOOM

Grinding to 280 in Destiny 2

Beat the first chapter of Death of the Outsider and I love it, so I'll definitely put some serious time into that as well.

Plus anything that comes in the Flash Sale I suspect will drop today.

Matty77

Still playing Bloodborne, trying to finish up the old hunters. My niece will be over so I will probably play some Enter the Gungeon with her.

And while I have been pecking around with it I really need to deep dive into Dark Souls 2.

Destiny 2
The Last of Us

I played it before 2 years ago on normal, but since just recently completing Left Behind on survivor, I have found this to be a complete new experience.

Resident Evil 7: Just recently finished it - that last section was total shite. Amazing game otherwise though

The Evil Within: Restarted this after giving up last year. Only on Chapter 2

Zombi: Found it on my PS+ free game list and started it up. Pretty early on and while it's rough graphically, it's keeping my interest early on. I just got out of
the supermarket area

Surfside

Banned
Started Infamous: Second Son and liking it better then
i thought i would.

Also playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. After playing Apollo Justice a few years back and not liking
it, i thought these games just aren't for me. But after finishing the 3rd turnabout, i'm absolutely loving it.

Well and at last Street Fighter 5, which i play almost
daily. Having an absolute blast playing it.

daveo42

Banned
XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
Never played a game in the XCOM series, but it's been fun and challenging. Been playing on Ironman my first time through and oh boy there are decisions I wish I didn't have to live with. Like doing that alien base infiltration mission way too early. Full party wipe due to being unprepared and overzealous.

Jarlaxle

Witcher 3 Blood and Wine: I love the Witcher 3 and I loved Hearts of Stone. I've been playing this game since July though and am starting to get a little worn out. It's sooooo long and there's so much to do. I'm not even touching any of the side content in Blood and Wine aside from the Gwent tourney that I just had to do. Hoping to put a dent in this and hopefully finish this up during the next week or two.

Mario + Rabbids: I think I'm on 2-8. Taking my time with this and play a little bit here and there. It's really good and I'm enjoying it a lot. I haven't played a strategy game in awhile.

Rocket League: Still the go to if I just want to have a couple of beers and listen to music. Can't get enough.

kliklik

Banned
Finished Murdered: Soul Suspect. Wow that game is infuriatingly underrated.

Playing Destiny 1. Surprised that I'm actually enjoying it.

Resuming Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. I had previously stopped after Western Ghats.

And god, my preorder of Dishonored Death of the Outsider came...

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS). This is my first time with the series and I'm really enjoying it. I like how the cases seem to take these really ridiculous directions. The other thing I'm enjoying is how there seems to usually be that one character in each case (I'm only on the 4th case) who is so unexpected. First it was Miss May who seemed really friendly then turned super angry midway through the trial - it was so hilarious. Then there's Ms. Oldbag who seems angry at Phoenix Wright for no real reason. I especially liked how when she was shouting the text would scroll really quick and sometimes it'd be hard to read.

Also playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. After playing Apollo Justice a few years back and not liking
it, i thought these games just aren't for me. But after finishing the 3rd turnabout, i'm absolutely loving it.

Yesss. I love how the game rewards you with new animations for progressing and pointing out contradictions. The first game is definitely one of the best. Apollo Justice is generally considered one of the weaker if not the weakest entry. I recently found and bought a copy of the 2nd game, which I had skipped before, so maybe I'll also be playing old-school AA soon.

Surfside

Banned
Finished Murdered: Soul Suspect. Wow that game is infuriatingly underrated.

Playing Destiny 1. Surprised that I'm actually enjoying it.

Resuming Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. I had previously stopped after Western Ghats.

And god, my preorder of Dishonored Death of the Outsider came...

Yesss. I love how the game rewards you with new animations for progressing and pointing out contradictions. The first game is definitely one of the best. Apollo Justice is generally considered one of the weaker if not the weakest entry. I recently found and bought a copy of the 2nd game, which I had skipped before, so maybe I'll also be playing old-school AA soon.

Yeah there is a collection on 3ds, of the old games, for which they used their new engine.
Well the new animations just can't compare.
It's almost surreal how much these animations matter to me. That is just how good they are.

Metroid. It's really fantastic and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've also been playing Destiny 2 off and on with my friends and it seems alright. Not something that I would ever play alone though.

And of course, Rainbow Six Siege as always.

Way too much stuff, but loving it all:

I started a new, more serious playthrough of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker on the Wii U. Goddamn, what an amazingly charming and fun game to play. I usually can't wait until my next play session. My only (very minor) beef is that they don't tell you the condition to 100% a level until you've finished the level, and me being a completionist means I sometimes have to play the levels twice. But that's not too bad considering how incredibly fun the game is.

I've gone back to my Saturn and played quite a bit of Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting from the Capcom Generation 5 compilation. This compilation is amazing. The games are probably 99% arcade perfect. Animations, colors, hit boxes -- they're all there. And all with practically no loading. (There is a very minimal amount of loading only before a match, but you never actually see a "now loading" screen). The art galleries are also pretty nice.

I've also fired up Vampire Savior, and again, Capcom was pulling off some serious technical wizardry late in the Saturn's lifespan. That godlike 4MB cart gives you a Vampire game that is also 99% arcade perfect, also with practically no loading. Bulleta is so much damn fun to play.

One game that I'm torn on is Super Street Fighter II X as it is in the Street Fighter Collection for the Saturn. I love SSF2X, depending on the day it might be my favorite fighting game ever. This is a good looking port, and as far as I can tell all of the animations and most hit boxes are there. But man... That loading sucks. It's not terrible compared to some of the other games of the time (hello KoF 97), but also not great. But even worse, is that there is noticeable slowdown in some stages. Zangief's stage and Dee Jay's stage are noticeably worse than the others for some reason. Also, sometimes my special moves don't come out reliably, not sure the reason why. In other versions of the game (Dreamcast, etc) I can pull off special moves reliably, but not here for some reason. Oh well, it's still SSF2X, and I still enjoy it despite these flaws.

Duxxy3

Replaying The Evil Within, but this time on PC. Mouse and keyboard controls are pretty solid. Made one section of the game a breeze. It's weird not to have the black bars, but I think it plays better without them. Probably going to get the PC version from cdkeys shortly.

edit: Also playing Dishonored DLC, Dishonored 2, Gears of War Ultimate Edition and World of Warcraft. But concentrating on TWE for now.

Top Bottom