• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': Only Way Out Is In Edition

Strike

ZioeHPI.jpg

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) - Still working on DLC missions, collectibles, and trophies. Thought I'd be used to the camera by now, but I still get occasional headaches If I play for too long.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War and The Evil Within 2 are out this week. Whatcha Been Playin?

Ravelle

Shadow of War
I just love busy work and checking off objectives and missions.

Cuphead
Up to the Dragon boss now.

Breath of The wild
Just bought it for Switch, after already owning it on wii U but barely touched that version and gave that copy to a friend.

Stardew Valley
Double dipped for that Switch version, just started it.

chrismohan

Neo Member
Isle 2 of Cuphead.
Just started Nier: Automata as well. Just past the first real story reveal. I’m curious but can’t say the combat is drawing me in yet.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
middle earth shadow or war
mutant football league (its both the mutant league and nfl blitz that ive wanted for a while)
ycu63wk8

ybcwt62j

ornery

Gran Turismo Sport Demo
The. King. Is. Back.

The Wticher 3
Keeps pulling me back

Everybody's Golf
Made it to rank 6 finally, grinding to beat it.

Destiny 2
Getting my feet wet

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Rainbow 6 Siege - Played a couple matches last night. 8 kills in the first match and still lost. 1 kill in the second match and won. Shows how important a good team is

Prey - Finished it yesterday at 29 hours. Could have spent more time doing side missions but rushed the last part.

Breath of the Wild - Now that Prey is done, I just need to finish this up.

Szadek

A Hat in Time
A very lovely 3D plarformer. just a little bit unpolished.
The controls and the levels are very good , the story arc in each level are really fun.
It will probably get overshadowed once Mario comes out, but you shouldn't forget this one if you are fan of the genre.

Dead Cells

It controls like a dream anmd the vareity in weapons is amazing, but there aren't that many levels or bosses.

kromeo

I've been trying to play Bioshock remastered but it's still a pos that crashes constantly and sometimes deletes your saves as a bonus.

I did try play the opening section of the original version as well and all I can say is that the people who claim the remaster looks worse are being ridiculous

Trails of Cold Steel (PC) - Chapter 5 I think. Right now in Laura's hometown.

I'm at the exact same point, didn't think the game would hold my interest for this long but that area is probably my favourite part so far

Linkark07

Banned
Trails of Cold Steel (PC) - Chapter 5 I think. Right now in Laura's hometown.

Metroid Samus Returns: Area 4. So far I'm loving this game.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Usual stuff....gta v, rocket league, project cars, no mans sky, fifa

Got Zelda working on PC finally so started that again. Ditched Elder Scrolls Online + PUBG. Might go back to ESO but got PUBG refunded. Total waste of money imo.

RotTR on PC. Fun game but it seems identical to what I remember TR2013 to be like. Hopefully the next sequel switches things up.

Falchion

Been playing through the Assassin's Creed Syndicate season pass to get ready for Origins. The Jack the Ripper campaign is decent so far even though it doesn't feel as high quality as the base game.

jacobs34

middle earth shadow or war
mutant football league (its both the mutant league and nfl blitz that ive wanted for a while)
ycu63wk8

ybcwt62j

That looks like a lot of fun, I hope it does well enough that they release it on consoles.

I'm probably going to mess around Overwatch a little bit this weekend and try to get some skins.

Teetering on picking up RB6:Siege since it is currently on sale, I could really use a different shooter in my life.

Looking for a fun spooky game for Halloween, will probably pick up either Prey or Alien Isolation.

Almost done with Cuphead, which has been a joy all the way through. Finished Uncharted: LL last week, which was a lot of fun.

The big activity for this weekend is going to a haunted farm with my wife to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We are basically replicating our first date which just-so happens to be the same weekend three years ago. Should be a great time.

Trying to finish Horizon. But I just don't feel the drive to finish it. It looks pretty, but I think the combat is just okay and I have Shadow quality armor and weapons now and all the loot is kind of useless. I've already played 45 hours though. I'll finish the main quest and sell it off I think.

I was in the mood for a linear experience, so I bought the Uncharted Collection on sale. Already played a bit of Uncharted 1 and I'm really in the mood for a game like Uncharted.

I'm balls deep into Warframe since last week. It's so much better now. I feel like buying platinum just to pay something to the developers. Its crazy that it's free to play.

BouncyFrag

Steamworld Dig 2. It's really good and plays great on Vita. Love the controls.

I might give Warframe another go as I'm seeing that game mentioned a lot and I stopped playing Destiny 2. If not that, I'll get in to Alienation as it's on sale.

Gamegeneral

Golf Story, Dark Souls 1 (Thanks to Return to Lordran), and a handful of other games while i try to fill my time between now and the last third of october's extravaganza of games.

jf DOOM

Trying to finish Dishonored:DOTO and Yakuza Kiwami before Wolfenstein and AC:Origins roll out. I love dishonored games but not a huge fan of Billie's poser set

Breath of the Wild - hunting down those last side quests.

Stardew Valley

Golf Story - I keep starting then stopping then starting, but yeah I'm liking it so far

Picross - Once I start a puzzle I can't stop until I've finished at least five of them

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Momodora: Reverie under the Moonlight. At 72% map completion, collected enough shards to enter a skeleton-filled library. This game is really great so far. Every area has a distinct feel and you move through them at a brisk pace. First hour was pretty hard, but it gets easier once you buy some upgrades and collect heart tanks.

I'm hoping you can keep exploring once you beat the game, because I want 100% map completion on this. Recently unlocked warping and was a bit disappointed you could only do area warps and not to every save point.

I actually played the Momodora III long ago, but IV blows that game out of the water. III just felt like a demo for IV.

Kingdom Hearts BBS: Story campaigns are all wrapped up--just grinding through each characters report is going to take awhile to get the platinum.

The Evil Within 2: Barely scratched the surface here but from what I've played it's been fantastic--definitely ready for a good survival horror game with Halloween around the corner

tootie923

Halfway through The Last of Us: Remastered - First time playing in 1800p/60fps and HDR mode. The daylight scenes really show off the HDR well and a lot of smaller objects and labels are clearer to see this time around. I tried 2160p/30fps, but the camera panning really put me off and the controls were more sluggish. I platinumed it two years ago, so I'm not worrying about upgrades, collectibles, etc. Just going through on Hard mode and enjoying the scenery.

Zelda: BOtW - I'm going through this slowly, got to Zora's domain recently. I'm still adjusting to the higher difficulty with regular enemy encounters.

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, still. I haven't put much time into playing it - just chipping away at it here and there, but I'm definitely enjoying the parts I've played. Just got to Chapter 12, so still a while to go.

Just beat Resident Evil: Code Veronica X for the first time. I actually really enjoyed it. I found it to be tough but manageable. I was worried after hearing how difficult it was. I found 0 and 3 to be much tougher.

I have been playing through the series 1 by 1. Some are replays and some are first time.

I have the following left:
Operation Racoon City (1st time)
Resident Evil 4 (5th time)
Resident Evil 5 (3rd time)
Resident Evil 6 (1st time)
Resident Evil 7 (1st time)
Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2 (1st time)
Then probably the light gun games on PS3

Before I get back into it I’m going to dive into cuphead and Undertale.

Surfside

Banned
Working on getting 100 percent in Metroid: Samus Returns.

Still playing Final Fantasy XV. Just arrived in Altissia. That's one beautiful looking city.

Just beat Golf Story last night.

Now I'm finishing up Zelda BotW.
And I'm still racking up hours in Rocket League.
Played some Overwatch the other day and I definitely will play more before the Halloween event is over.

D1AMONDDOGS

Neo Member
- Destiny 2(PS4): Mostly just doing the weekly milestones with clan members & not much else.
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS): Holy shit, this game is hard. I really like the whole glyph thing though.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Evil Within 2: I finally reached Chapter 4 and really loving this game so far.

Asura's Wrath: I love how they structure the game like Anime TV show. I heard the game is short so I'm planing to play one episode each day.

Elite: Dangerous: Still on the Long March to Colonia. 260 jumps to go with my Diamondback Explorer.

Also got my SNES Classic:

Earthbound: LV 5, dealing with Sharks in Onett (PS: Beware of how you use save states. I lost a good chunk of progress figuring out how the system works)
Mega Man X: Beat Chill Penguin'
Star Fox: Beat Course 1
Super Mario World: Beat first Castle
Super Mario RPG: LV 3, ready to take on Hammer Bros.

I'm working my way through Wolfenstein the Old Blood. I'm on chapter 6, although I accidentally deleted my save so I downloaded a save so I didn't have to restart from the beginning a while ago. Gonna do my best to juggle New Colossus with Mario and Destiny 2. So many things to play.

I also started The Evil Within because I'd like to finish it before playing 2 but that will have to wait for a while.

Top Bottom