• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite sandwich?

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
It would be easier to pick a least favorite sandwich, probably. :D I love a lot of different foods that fall under the sandwich category.

-Lobster rolls are so good and I crave them a lot, which sucks because I do not live in Massachusetts. But there's a franchise of lobster roll food trucks that serves a good one.

-Grilled cheese is a classic and one of the few things I can cook myself and not screw up, so that's a plust.

-Turkey and provolone is really good.

-Philly cheesesteak? Yes please.

-A good spicy chicken sandwich is hard to beat.

Breakfast sandwich? Make mine with sausage, egg and cheese.

-Meatball sandwich! How could I forget those?

-Pepperoni and provolone with marinara sauce and black olives from Sheetz. Hmm. I might have to go get one of those for lunch tomorrow.

-Cold cuts? Deli sandwich? Italian? I will get cravings for any and all of these at various times.

-I've been known to enjoy a Reuben on rare occasions.

-Egg salad sandwich is a guilty pleasure. Tuna salad too.

I guess what I'm saying is... I love the sandwich! So, which one is your favorite?

1612319648_etq6hzcxuaefj_4_mmthumb.jpeg

kunonabi

Roast beef sandwich for me with
Vinegar and oil
Miracle whip
Black pepper
Oregano
Muenster cheese
Mickleberry ham
Spinach

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Typically not big on sandwiches, but if I ordered one at a pub it'd probably be french dip #23. I just wished the dip wasnt so watery. If it was thicker like a gravy it'd be so much better.

Sometimes I get a reuben #17 (or anything resembling smoked or corned beef), but ask for it on toasted white bread instead of rye.

Last edited:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
My casual favourite : Pulled pork sandwich with cream, not vinegar coleslaw.

My, if I have extra time, favourite: Grilled cheese made with old cheddar, figs, prosciutto and port wine drizzle (it doesn't melt much but it's soooo god).

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Breakfast sandwich. Sausage, bacon, egg, if I don't quite fancy a full English.

Christmas sandwich when 'tis the reason, leftover turkey, bacon, stuffing, cranberry.

Mossybrew

Sandwich chilling in the work fridge just waiting for lunch:

Roast beef on sourdough
Swiss cheese
Pickle slice
Tomato slices
Mayo, Spicy Brown Mustard, Dijon Mustard

Bacon, lettuce, mayonnaise and tomatoes on wholemeal bread

Bacon, tomatoes and Stilton cheese on brown bread

Branston pickle and mature cheddar cheese on white bread

Gh305Xn.gif

Last edited:

tkscz

I didn't realize how difficult this question would be to answer. I love a good Turkey Ruban, at the same time a Roast Beef club with slices of hard boiled egg, tomato and spicy mayo is one I tend to make. But I also REALLY enjoy a greasy Patty Melt.

Wait, we counting Hoagies?

Hot dogs.

VB7vL2J.gif

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For those of you who like Reuben/corned beef kinds of sandwiches (or even if you are curious) and have never done it, at some point find a place that specializes in the these sandwiches (like Carnegie Deli) and order their giant sandwiches enough for two people.

One part awesome, one part impossible to finish alone. Biggest drawback is that nobody can ever finish one on their own so you either toss it or do take out container and then you got to carry it around and bring home. First time I did this the plan was lunch (this) and then touristy shit. Was a pain walking around with it, so I forced myself to eat a bit more of it and then threw the rest in the trash as we didnt want to keep it in the car all afternoon.

29LdeliWeb-superJumbo.jpg

HAYA8U5A

I will have to go Beef Dip overall since it is much harder to mess up no matter where you get it. But individually this little Banh Mi deli that used to be by my Jr. High and High School had a Satay Beef Banh Mi that can't be beat.

MastAndo

Some variation of a pastrami sandwich, depending on my mood. Sometimes on rye with just spicy brown mustard, sometimes a full-on Reuben. Pickle on the side is a must.

lem0n

Where I grew up in Massachusetts, there is a local specialty sandwich. It's a "North Shore" style roast beef. It's typically warmed, shaved roast beef topped with James River bbq sauce, mayo, with a slice of white American under the beef. All on an onion roll. Whenever I go home to visit, my first stop is always to get a beef.

A48WjTY.jpg

Last edited:

Tams

While technically still sandwiches, these American overstuffed ones are monstrosities.

That said, Japanese ones while looking like sandwiches are generally not good. Usually cheap, quite sweet white bread, and the fillings all stuffed to the front to an extreme. Should be illegal.

GeekyDad

• Ezekiel bread toasted
  • Duke's mayo
  • either Boar's Head Cracked Pepper turkey or their Curry Chicken breast
  • a fuck-ton of the Simple Truth 50/50 greens
That's my once-a-weeker.

wondermega

Alright now this is a thread. Turkey Club, Rueben, Italian Sandwich, Steak and Cheese. It doesn't matter, which is available, just PUT IT INTO ME NOW UGGGRGGGRGGGHHHH

YCoCg

Can't beat a good Reuben with Salt Beef, second is the Cuban for me.

For those of you who like Reuben/corned beef kinds of sandwiches (or even if you are curious) and have never done it, at some point find a place that specializes in the these sandwiches (like Carnegie Deli) and order their giant sandwiches enough for two people.

One part awesome, one part impossible to finish alone. Biggest drawback is that nobody can ever finish one on their own so you either toss it or do take out container and then you got to carry it around and bring home. First time I did this the plan was lunch (this) and then touristy shit. Was a pain walking around with it, so I forced myself to eat a bit more of it and then threw the rest in the trash as we didnt want to keep it in the car all afternoon.

Awww shit my mouth says yes but my gut says no.

GeekyDad

tumblr_pivpl6UIIb1r93t1eo4_250.gifv

Top Bottom