• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite sandwich?

Orpheum

standard ham and cheese.

I vary the sauce i make for it, sometimes i just use butter. Sometimes i slap a fried egg or tomatos on it. It's so simple, versatile and fast to prepare, i love it

HoodWinked

Had the French Dip @ Nordstroms for the first time it was so damn good. The drippings probably take hours off your life.

2Pq9eM6.jpg

Also Monte Cristo are really good once in awhile.

12NlOPO.jpg

Last edited:

JCK75

If a deli sandwich my I'm going Pastrami on grilled rye with horseradish white cheddar, roasted red bell peppers and a creamy horseradish sauce.
If I had to eat that sandwich 3 meals a day for the rest of my life I could truly commit to that.

Ballthyrm

For those of you who like Reuben/corned beef kinds of sandwiches (or even if you are curious) and have never done it, at some point find a place that specializes in the these sandwiches (like Carnegie Deli) and order their giant sandwiches enough for two people.

One part awesome, one part impossible to finish alone. Biggest drawback is that nobody can ever finish one on their own so you either toss it or do take out container and then you got to carry it around and bring home. First time I did this the plan was lunch (this) and then touristy shit. Was a pain walking around with it, so I forced myself to eat a bit more of it and then threw the rest in the trash as we didnt want to keep it in the car all afternoon.

29LdeliWeb-superJumbo.jpg

If you can't hold it in your hands, it's not a sandwich.
Since when sandwiches are served on plates ?

AJUMP23

Peanut butter and Jelly is the best.

I like an Italian sandwich. Salami, pepperoni, ham, prosciutto.

I do like a Monte cristo

I need to try a cheese steak at some point.

Last edited:

Fbh

This looks fantastic. Do you use Ciabatta bread, or?

I'm not really sure how it's called in english, but most places use something similar to hamburger bread (usually with no Sesame Seed, a bit flatter and not quite as soft).
But you can find them made with anything, even toast.

KrakenIPA

As a former Subway Employee when I walk into a Subway I'm like "lemme get back there I'll show you a sammich!"

The recipe is:
-Foot Long Subway Club, Herb and Cheese Bread
-Before you start slappin meats put Ranch and Sriracha on both sides
-2 x Cheese Provo and Swiss
-Light Lettuce
-Pickles Olives Onions Bell Peppers Pepperoncini Jalepeno
-Lots of SPOV
-Wrap it separately yo

Eat one for lunch, one for dinner

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Out of that list? Cheesesteak.

But the real answer? A nice Italian combo sub from any decent deli in New Jersey.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
793543-EC-7357-4-CF2-B7-BC-DE46-CDB37328.jpg

I love a good tofu sandwich. Avocado, peppers (picture has tomatoes), some lettuce, and seasoned air fried tofu. I have one about every week.

Biff

Local place / non-chain = cheesesteak or pastrami
Chain sandwich = fried chicken (#1 Chick Fil A, #2 Wendy's spicy chicken)
Make-at-home = classic grilled cheese: white bread, margarine, 2x Kraft Singles. Ketchup for dipping and a sour pickle on the side. Childhood on a plate right there!

Liljagare

Tuna steak sandwich, char-grilled tuna steak, greens, onions, turnips, pickles, curry spice with traditional toum (garlic/lemon/oil - emulsified like a mayo.

Delish!

0NhKOQX.jpg

Tschumi

I love a sandwich, very large in proportion, made simply of good crusty bread, a nice lathering of butter, some salt and pepper, a slice of strong cheese (cracker barrel), and some carefully selected cuts from a dry Australian rotisserie roasted chicken... With a big fat coke bottle on the side.

Bogeyman

Banned
Baguette (cut in half horizontally, drizzle olive oil on both sides, and toast in a pan so its slightly charred on the bready side, but still soft on the inside)
Then mayonnaise, dijon mustard, salt and LOADS of peppers, rocket, green olives, milano salami.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Pastrami and swiss on rye with a bit of hot sauce.

In fact I think that's what I'm going to make tonight.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Depends if you're going for taste, valie or health.

I find the best mix of theae things is tuna mayo woth low fat mayo and only a level dessert spoon of mayo and lettuce, cucumber, red onion and tomato on wholemeal bread.

For flavour only Banh Mi are pretty great

ny-banh-mi.jpg

A good pork bahn mi is great. Also a shrimp po boy is the bomb. And a big ass New York style pastrami sandwiche cant go wrong

Top Bottom