• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite version of similar DC/Marvel characters?

Malyse

NOTE: I'm not asking who would win in a fight, just which one you prefer.
They don't necessarily have to be the same character, but should fill the same sort of archetype

For example, The Green Lantern Corps vs The Nova Corps. (space cops)
Batman vs Iron Man. (super heroes whose main power is a lot of money gained from weapon contracts)
Superman vs Captain America. (All American heroes)
The Monitors vs The Watchers (we ain't gonna do shit)

Gwenpool vs Harley Quinn

kewlmyc

I like Deadpool more than Deathstroke. Then again, the only time I liked Deathstroke was when he was Slade in the first two season of Teen Titans.

A-V-B

Thor and Wonder Woman would probably be pretty damn fun -- obviously not even in a fight. Just like... together, as a team.

I prefer Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) to teenage Spider-Man.
Richard Rider is better than Hal Jordan but I prefer the GL Corps to the Nova Corps.

Batman > Iron Man, even though I don't find them that similar
Superman > Cap
Flash > Quicksilver
Punisher > Vigilante
X-Men > the classic Doom Patrol

And Darkseid = Thanos.
No preference there, I like them both equally.

Darkseid has better taste in furniture than Thanos.
2632411-30ijh8hwbxl5.jpg

Swamp Thing has developed into a far more interesting character (and world) than Man-Thing.

Slade Wilson and Wade Wilson, amusing how a parody character outgrew the parodied so massively.

Deadpool wasn't even a parody originally, he was a straight ripoff that Rob Liefeld made because DC wouldn't let him work on Teen Titans.

It's more accurate to say that the Deadpool we know is a parody of the original Liefeld Deadpool.

LordRaptor

Ambush Bug is a much better character than Deadpool

e:
Also I think I like the Doom Patrol more than the Fantastic Four / X Men (whichever you think they're closer analogues to)

Malyse

I can see Strange Constantine or Strange Fate. The Sanctum Sanctorum and the House of Mystery are pretty analog

SpaceWolf

Banned
Catwoman is my second favourite comic book character of all time, but I still enjoy Black Cat...even though they're both pretty much exactly the same character.

LordRaptor

Clasic cigar chomping howling commando Nick Fury is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Sarge "I have a metal hand, BFD" Steel

Sephzilla

I've grown to like Captain America more than Superman. But that's mostly because the modern day version of Cap most people recognize is the Chris Evans MCU version of the character while Superman hasn't had even remotely as great of a mainstream portrayal. Cap's had it way better off in recent years.

Qlmdi1R.gif

Chris Evans Captain America vs Christopher Reeve Superman is a pretty solid push though.

JZA

The Midnighter vs. Daredevil. Not sure if it would be exactly fair, but I wouldn't underestimate Matt.

LordRaptor

The Midnighter vs. Daredevil. Not sure if it would be exactly fair, but I wouldn't underestimate Matt.

the Midnighters counterpart is probably Karnak
even though his actual counterpart is Batman prior to DC merging him into the fold

Batman is so not Tony Stark's DC equivalent. Lex Luthor is closer

Billionaire weapons developer
One of the most intelligent in their respective universe
Frequent user of power suits
Has become a national leader (Lex was POTUS and Stark was Director of SHIELD)
Childhood tragedy
Smug motherfucker
Constantly spouts that they are doing things for the betterment of mankind

On that note, I enjoy Lex far more as a character than I ever will enjoy Tony.

How are they counterparts?

Slayven

Batman is so not Tony Stark's DC equivalent. Lex Luthor is closer

Billionaire weapons developer
One of the most intelligent in their respective universe
Frequent user of power suits
Has become a national leader (Lex was POTUS and Stark was Director of SHIELD)
Childhood tragedy
Smug motherfucker
Constantly spouts that they are doing things for the betterment of mankind

On that note, I enjoy Lex far more as a character than I ever will enjoy Tony.

How are they counterparts?
People on a comic board use to get mad at me because I said Tony was smarter then lex.

My reasoning? Tony builds armors with helmets

People on a comic board use to get mad at me because I said Tony was smarter then lex.

My reasoning? Tony builds armors with helmets

Lex is just too vain and too greedy. At least Tony knew to dial it back a little bit.
Code:
[IMG]https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/63935/1631502-ol_lex_luthor.jpg[/IMG]

Lex didn't simply do a basic outfit change like every other Lantern, his first construct was a suit of body armor.

Top Bottom