• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite version of similar DC/Marvel characters?

Temp_User

Billy Batson has more in common with PRime

prime_pg0f.jpg

Wait, Ultraforce guys are part of Mahvel?

EDIT: Looks like they were since mid-90's.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
The Sentry is my favorite Superman analog, he's also my favorite comic character. Supreme Power Hyperion is also a great spin on the Superman concept and more realistic to me honestly.

Rooster12

Silver Surfer = Takion/Waverider
Red Skull = Per Degaton/Baron Blitzkrieg
Ronan the Accuser > The Overmaster
Guardians of the Galaxy < Omega Men
Colossus = Ferro Lad
Adaptoid < Amazo/The Construct
Captain America > Steel/The Shield
Venom > Blackrock

PSA DC no longer has a character called Captain Marvel. His name is Shazam and Shazam's new name is The Wizard.

I think most fans know this and do it out of stubbornness.

Curious if Rebirth is going to bring back the Captain Marvel name or if they're sticking with Shazam. I don't think DC is too concerned about keeping quotas between films, tv shows and comics, they tried that with GA and it went down terribly. Guess we won't know until DC actually tries to put him in a comic again.

IIRC nothing really changed legally with their usage of the name, they just decided to make the whole issue less confusing to outsiders and ended up pissing off a lot of old time fans. Personally I just call him Billy most of the time.

Malyse

I think most fans know this and do it out of stubbornness.

Curious if Rebirth is going to bring back the Captain Marvel name or if they're sticking with Shazam. I don't think DC is too concerned about keeping quotas between films, tv shows and comics, they tried that with GA and it went down terribly. Guess we won't know until DC actually tries to put him in a comic again.

IIRC nothing really changed legally with their usage of the name, they just decided to make the whole issue less confusing to outsiders and ended up pissing off a lot of old time fans. Personally I just call him Billy most of the time.
They can't legally put Captain Marvel on the book title or Marvel Comics will sue the shit out of them.

Top Bottom