• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your MOST PLAYED game this year?

Crixus

1. Morrowind 100+
2. Skyrim 100+
3. Anno 1404 100+
The others I have played this year are definitely below 50 hours each so I doubt my top 3 will change.

FireCloud

Don't have the exact times but most likely:

- Persona 5 (finished)
- FFXV (platinum'd)
- Nier: Automata (finished all major endings)
- Horizon: Zero Dawn (55hrs - still playing - ~50% complete)

Still actively playing H:ZD so it is likely to move up the list. Probably ending up somewhere close to the top of the list (depending on how much of a completionist I am after finishing the main story missions)

Kysen

Monster hunter XX 370hrs easily, when it came out it I booked 2 weeks off work. Nothing but multiplayer every day into the early hours of the morning.

I play primarily on PS4 but here are the estimates

Destiny 2: 72h
BoTW: ~60h
MK8 Deluze: ~40h
NBA 2K17/18: ~30h

Destiny is the only one I know for sure that is the amount of time I have spent because of the ability to track play time. If you were to tell me that I would be playing that much Destiny 2 a few months ago I would've been shocked. I wasn't even sure I was going to buy it a few months ago.

juicyb

PUBG - creeping up on 600 hours played.

Path of Exile - 200ish hours

Battlefield 1 - 200ish hours

Persona 5 - 105ish hours

Out of all those, PUBG is the only one I'm currently still playing.

zoodoo

1. Legend of zelda breath of the wild: 135h and going
2. Bloodborne: 110h
3. Horizon: 85h

Damn, first time since 2014, Killer Instinct (2013) is not my most played game

1. Breath of the Wild - More than 300 hours and I'm still finding new things in the game.

Not sure about the next two but I'd estimate

2. Nioh - 70-80 hours I was surprised how long the game went on.
3. Persona 5 - Yet to finish this but I've already played around 60 hours.

Pretty sure it's Paragon.

Then I probably played the same amount of hs in Horizon, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Destiny 2. Around 60hs each.

Robaperas

PUBG: 260 hours and counting
No Man's Sky: 136 hours
Rocket League: I don't even know... I'm at 844 hours.

Nope, I like PUBG but it won't overtake RL.

1. Breath of the Wild at 110 hours
2. Persona 5 at 98 hours
3. Splatoon 2 at 60 hours
4. Horizon Zero Dawn at 48 hours
5. Gravity Rush 2 at 48 hours

callmesteam

Neo Member
- Breath of the Wild
- Stardew Valley
- SongPop 2...but Yakuza 0 and Horizon: Zero Dawn are both around 45 if we're talking NOT MOBILE.

kunonabi

Took me about 480 hours to completely 100% BotW.

Ive mostly been cutting through my backlog since and i dont think i have anything that will come close to that.

elelunicy

The Sims 4. Don’t know how many hours exactly in this year as it’s my most played game every year since its launch in 2014 for over 3,000h playtime in total.

DJwest

Persona 5- like 98 hours. Don't remember the last time I played more than 50 hours in a game before that. Maybe with Skyrim?

Djostikk

1) Rainbow Six: Siege - over 100 hours.
2) Nioh - 100+ hours.
3) Yakuza Zero - 70+ hours.

I played a lot of games this year and many of them like 35-40 hours each, but these above I think most played.

The numbers here are surprisingly modest, but then again, the people who really dedicate themselves to a single game mostly hang out in the respective community and not so much on NeoGAF.

1. BotW (310)
2. Splatoon 2 (90)
3. Factorio, probably: my time on Steam is closing in on 300, but most of it was in 2016, and I think I put in about 70 additional hours this year.

I don't have numbers for StarCraft II and Heroes of the Storm, but would estimate they are also comfortably north of 50 in 2017. Arms and Fire Emblem Fates are also around the 50 mark.

Weebos

Banned
Don't have an app tracker, but doing some basic math and rounding down it would be:

Fire Emblem Heroes: ~250

I've played that game every day since release. I doubt another game will take the throne this year.

nickerous

Breath Of The Wild - 145 hours
NCAA Football 2004 (GC) - 32 hours
Metroid Samus Returns - 18 hours

Mario Odyssey could knock out Metroid. Infamous Second Son just missed out...mainly because I started that one last year.

Kawngi

World of Warcraft: Legion and it isn’t even close. Still addicted since vanilla.

Second is a toss up between Zelda: BotW and Destiny 2. I’ve stopped playing D2 so I didn’t burn myself out prior to the PC launch and I’m waiting to return to Zelda until after I pick up all DLC.

SirNinja

Breath of the Wild at 170+ hours last I checked. Destiny 2 has almost overtaken it, though, and it definitely will by year's end.

Think it's botw with at least 100. Persona 5 has about 80 with new game plus included and Nier automata had two playthroughs up to ending e.
Started dragon dogma this week and haven't got that far story wise but spent a lot of time so might be a surprise rival for botw.

Patch13

That's easy. Breath of the Wild: 115 hours

Splatoon 2 is probably #2 at 80 hours, with the November and December splatfests adding at least 10-20 more hours to the total before the year is out (gotta grind those Splatfest tees in the week leading up ...) It may catch up, or Breath of the Wild may stay ahead due to the Ballad of Champions stuff. We'll see how winter goes. :)

(I haven't done the math on Crypt of the Necrodancer or Overwatch across platforms, but a lot of the hours for both of those games are from last year -- I think that it's safe to say that this year has been Zelda + Squid Kids, with a generous side helping of Arms. What? There are still other consoles in the house?)

1. Rocket League - 300 hours
2. Zelda: BOTW - 130 hours
3. The Witness - 50 hours

That last one came out of nowhere for me. My girlfriend took a huge interest in it so we've been trying to 100% the puzzles... proving to be a bit time consuming

I have no idea how to track time for either dota 2 or any of the bnet games, so i'm not going to count them since I basically can't. I bet it'd be dota 2 or diablo 3 though for #1.

From what I can easily track

1. Disgaea 5 complete i have over 60 hours on the switch version. I did what i wanted to do and won't be back so that's staying.

2. BOTW I got to 40 hours and couldn't fucking stand it anymore. This wont change either

3. Can't track time on Injustice 2 but I've got about half the roster to max level and something like 800 fights so I'd guess that is #3

I expect maybe Destiny 2 (PC) to overtake something just because I expect to play the campaign and the raid one time and I'm lead to believe theres about 50 hours of doing stuff to get to that point

Maybe if I get back into WOW before years end, or actually sit down and play persona/nier

-Rainbow 6 Siege - 100 hours for a total of about 700

-Fortnite BR - 60 hours and counting

-Persona 5 at like 50 hours but I regret playing that game

VN1X

Banned
Probably Warframe with over 230+ hours (since June) and Breath of the Wild around 150hours. Will probably dive back into Zelda once the new story update is out.

Oops double post

Ill just use this post to say Im surprised at how many people have a Switch/Zelda here

I really want to buy a Switch

Top Bottom