• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When do you think FromSoft will reveal their next big game?

Slimboy Fat

Shadow of the Erdtree is finally releasing in a few months. Beyond that the workings of FromSoft is a mystery, nothing more has been announced. Nevertheless we can be sure they are at work on their next big game. Presumably this will be their first one exclusively targeting current generation hardware.

Comparatively they've been quite efficient in pumping out high-quality games. With all eyes on FromSoft after the success of Elden Ring we hopefully will not have to wait for too long. Can we hope for a reveal this year?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Maybe after they release Shadow of the Erdtree. This expansion is biggest one they ever done so give them some time to finish this before their next game.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Guys, when do you think they'll release their next big game after the next one? The next, next one?

the-universe-tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

GymWolf

Time to introduce more weapons\armours this time, maybe with different parring abilities, and something more interesting to find than the arms (or make them less situational).

I loved sekiro but i can't do another 50-100 hours with mono weapon and no exciting loot to find.

Danjin44

Time to introduce more weapons\armours this time, maybe with different parring abilities, and something more interesting to find than the arms (or make them less situational).

I loved sekiro but i can't do another 50-100 hours with mono weapon and no exciting loot to find.
They might but Sekiro is not “Souls” game, that game was FROM’s take on action game. It’s more likely they add new move sets or give you new tools than give brand new weapons.

Last edited:

GymWolf

They might but Sekiro is not “Souls” game, that game was FROM’s take on action game. It’s more likely they add new move sets or go to new tools than give brand new weapons.
Yeah but imagine new weapons with different parry abilities.

Like a heavy sword where you have to be more precise with the timing but you do more stance damage and normal damage, or a small weapon where parry timing is easier but you do barely any stance damage, stuff like that.

The core should be parry like the last game but give players some choices to make the game less monotone.

Most pure action games have multiple weapons like dmc, bayo or ng, there is no reason to have the same weapon for another 100 hours.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Yeah but imagine new weapons with different parry abilities.

Like a heavy sword where you have to be more precise with the timing but you do more stance damage and normal damage, or a small weapon where parry timing is easier but you do barely any stance damage, stuff like that.

The core should be parry like the last game but give players some choices to make the game less monotone.

Most pure action games have multiple weapons like dmc, bayo or ng, there is no reason to have the same weapon for another 100 hours.
We will see, but Sekiro has great opportunity for sequel based on its true ending.

I love to see it, that game was one of my favourite FROM game.

Last edited:

Slimboy Fat

We will see, but Sekiro has great opportunity for sequel based on its true ending.

I love to see it, that game was one of my favourite FROM game.
Sekiro was finely honed and has no obvious room for improvement or increase in scope. Dark Souls design naturally lended itself to an open-world treatment, indeed Miyasaki said he considered Elden Ring a natural evolution of the DS formula.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m thinking game awards end of year.

Seems logical. Next year release and it seems like a non Miyazaki directed game again. Perhaps that Dark Souls 4 he hinted at or a new IP without him in the lead role.

I assume he’s working on Elden Ring 2.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
You’re tripping if you don’t think it’s Elden Ring 2. They just bought the IP. It was their biggest seller by a huge margin. They’ll self publish the sequel and slap GRRM on the box again.

Guilty_AI

You’re tripping if you don’t think it’s Elden Ring 2. They just bought the IP. It was their biggest seller by a huge margin. They’ll self publish the sequel and slap GRRM on the box again.
Elden Ring team is still working on the DLC, next game has to be by some other team.

Top Bottom