• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which celebrity or celebrities deaths would affect you the most?

dcelw540

I'm just making this thread because for me having Chester Bennington it's hit me hard. I grew up with their music and helped me in rough spots in my life. Even though it's been almost a week it still something I think about quite a bit.

What about the rest of you gaf?

I think Mark Speight because the story was so tragic.

So I think it's more the circumstances rather than just the fact I'd heard of them.

Sanjuro

Bill Cosby is going to be a tough pill to swallow.

If this thread was a few weeks ago it would have been Adam West.

kswiston

I usually don't care all that much. I think that Roger Ebert bummed me out the most in recent times.

That said, a number of my favourite directors have passed or are approaching 70 now. It will be a bummer to lose all of them at some point in the next 20 years.

chefbags

In recent memory it sucked for the past few years to see Alan Rickman to go and Bill Paxton just this year I think.

But man Chester is close to my heart. His and Linkin Park's music like most people kept me going throughout my teenage years and even now. To wake up to his death last week was a major sadness that I don't think will pass for a long time for me.

Will keep listening to linkin park forever.

antonz

Used to think Shatner would be a big deal but then he revealed himself to be a geriatric gamergate type that even Nimoy in his final year of life told Shatner to get lost.

Stan lee and John Williams will both be tough

Fat4all

Banned
I never know until it happens

I can never tell which ones are gonna effect me the most, then it hits me like a train

Michael Jackson already died and nothing is going to top that.

Jackie Chan has kinda fallen off, but he was the only other celebrity I wanted to meet, so him.

Stan Lee and John Williams are on borrowed time. Will wreck me.

But it's the unexpected ones that get. Paul Walker and Prince absolutely destroyed me.

Permanently A

Honestly, I can't really think of anyone. Celeb deaths to me are like "That's too bad, I liked their [piece of media]" but I don't personally know them so... hard for me to get emotionally distraught about it.

It used to be Christopher Lee, now it's Ian McKellen.

And Stan Lee of course, I dread to think of the first MCU movie without his cameo.

Trent Reznors death would kill me.

I'll be really sad when Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Dustin Hoffman, Harrison Ford, Michael Caine, and pretty much every other great old actor eventually pass.

jdstorm

Banned
The saddest ones are the people who die young. Most aging/old celebrities mostly exist as memories of their past work anyway. To see an active relevant talented individual pass away before their time. Those are the worst.

Honestly, I can't really think of anyone. Celeb deaths to me are like "That's too bad, I liked their [piece of media]" but I don't personally know them so... hard for me to get emotionally distraught about it.
I'm the same way, but then Robin Williams died. That one kind of moved me emotionally. He always took his roles and just ran with it on his own. Was there anything of his that went by the script? And then to watch the bloopers and cut stuff was just as great.

Top Bottom