• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which existing Xbox One game do you MOST want to see receive a Scorpio patch?

I know there is already a lot of discussion about Project Scorpio right now, but I've been wondering something ever since I abandoned hope of Bloodborne ever getting a Pro patch.

Phil Spencer said last E3 that Xbox One games will automatically run better on the Scorpio. Games that have bad framerates on Xbox One will probably have much more stable framerates on Scorpio. Games with dynamic resolutions, like Halo 5, will likely maintain a more consistent 1080p image rather than drop a lower resolution in demanding scenes. These improvements come automatically and don't require a patch or any effort from the developer. Basically "Boost Mode" built right in. We've already seen a hint of this because games already run a tiny bit better on the Xbox One S than they do on the original Xbox One.

If you hated Dead Rising 3's bad framerate, Scorpio might fix that. If you hated the fact that Dead Rising 3 ran at 720p on Xbox One, Capcom would need to make a dedicated patch to support 1080p/4K on Scorpio.

So, keeping that in mind, which existing Xbox One game do you MOST want to see receive a Scorpio patch? Include why you'd want that game patched more than others and what you'd want the patch to do (4K resolution, 60fps instead of 30fps, better draw distance, better level of detail distance, better shadows, etc).

For me, I'd love to see any game that is sub-1080p get some attention. Hell, the first Titanfall only runs at 792p. But if I had to choose one game, it would be Dark Souls 3. For whatever reason I played the Dark Souls games on Xbox despite playing Demon's Souls on PS3. The series has extremely high replay value for me and I know I'll revisit it for years to come. It only runs in 900p/30fps, so a bump up to 1080p/60fps (let alone 4K) would do wonders for the IQ and gameplay experience. And with the Xbox having no chance of getting Bloodborne or Nioh, it would be in Microsoft's interest to have a "definitive" console version of one game from that genre. But I suppose I'm just kidding myself to think From would ever bother. What would you want to see get a Scorpio patch most?

Archpath1

PUBG!

Glorious pubg's!

Maybe For Honor so it can run at 60fps, if they fix the damn game.

Oh and R6siege but it'll be the end of the season :(

Good topic, I really want to play Just Cause 3 so if the thing actually runs at a consistent 30fps that would be very convincing towards buying a Scorpio.

Then again, Square will never give the thing a patch, so I think Recore could use it as well.

Strootman

Good topic, I really want to play Just Cause 3 so if the thing actually runs at a consistent 30fps that would be very convincing towards buying a Scorpio.

Then again, Square will never give the thing a patch, so I think Recore could use it as well.
Yeah I forgot about just cause 3. I have the game but it's literally unplayable with that frame rate.

KDC720

If we're talking exclusives then its Halo 5 for me.

As far a multiplats go, the console versions of Just Cause 3 are not great from what I understand so a Scorpio patch would entice me to buy a copy.

El_Chino

Halo 5
The Witcher 3 (it's not gonna happen)
Forza Horizon 3
Ghost Recon
Destiny 2 (wonder if all games after Scorpio require a mandatory patch)
Mafia 3

Duxxy3

Watch Dogs 2. Bought it and it looks and runs like shit. I'm only holding onto it because I'm hoping it looks and runs better on Scorpio.

Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break

This. QB as it was is a very pretty game but it always, at least to me felt like it had a smattering of Vaseline all over it and having that title at either native 4K or checkerboard 4K at a steady 30fps would be soooo good.

SO on the other hand would be awesome at 60fps, the kinetic action and constant movement screams 60 frames to me. 1800p, upscale to 4K and 60fps is what I'd love to see for SO.

Skyline Owl

Neo Member
Exclusive? Sunset Overdrive.

Multi-platform? GTA5. A bit of recency bias happening here though as I'm currently replaying it. (won't happen)

Or The Witcher 3. (also won't happen)

Top Bottom